From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2021)
|Written by||Shigeru Mizuki|
|Original run||1963 – 1964|
|Written by||Shigeru Mizuki|
|Magazine||Weekly Shōnen Magazine|
|Original run||1966 – 1967|
|Written by||Shigeru Mizuki|
|Magazine||Weekly Shōnen Jump|
|Original run||1970 – 1971|
A 26 episode live-action series directed by Akira Kashima , Hajime Sato , Minoru Yamada , T. Kobayashi, Itaru Orita , K. Takemoto , Katsuhiko Taguchi. It ran from October 6, 1966, to March 30, 1967, and starred Mitsunobu Kaneko (of Giant Robo fame) as the titular character.
|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Junichi Sato|
|Original network||TV Asahi|
|Original run||April 15, 1989 – March 24, 1990|
|Original net animation|
|Directed by||Junichi Sato (chief)|
|Written by||Hiroshi Ōnogi|
|Released||2023 – scheduled|
Akuma-kun (悪魔くん, "Demon-kun") is a manga series written and illustrated by Shigeru Mizuki. Several versions of the manga exist, one of which was adapted into a live-action TV show, and another into an anime television series. In addition, two movies were spawned from the anime TV series: Akuma-kun: The Movie released in 1989 and Akuma-kun: Yōkoso Akuma Land e!! released in 1990.
An original net anime series has been announced with Toei Animation and director Junichi Sato returning from the previous series. Sato will serve as the chief director with Fumitoshi Oizaki serving as the series director. Hiroshi Ōnogi will oversee the scripts. The series is set to be released on Netflix in 2023.
In this series, the contents vary from version to version. The common plot points of every adaptation are listed below.
- The protagonist is a child prodigy who appears once every 10,000 years. The protagonist is always nicknamed “Akuma-kun”.
- Akuma-kun wants to create a world where all human beings can live happily, and he believes that harnessing the power of demons is necessary for him to achieve that goal. Additionally, the entities referred to as demons in the series are not limited to that of Christian origins, rather the series features various monsters described in myths and folk stories from all around the world.
- At the beginning of the story, Akuma-kun has not yet succeeded in the summoning of demons, and has repeatedly conducted magical research and experiments. However Dr. Faust appears and teaches the secrets of summoning demons to Akuma-kun, and as a result he finally succeeds in invoking demons.
- In addition, Dr. Faust gives Akuma-kun the Solomon Flute. This flute gives Akuma-kun the power to bend demons to his will. The flute was used by King Solomon.
- Akuma-kun has multiple subordinates who follow him. They are often referred to as the “twelve apostles”. The twelve apostles also differ from series to series.- To summon demons, Shingo, standing in front of a magic circle casts a spell, ”エロイムエッサイム、我は求め訴えたり”. (Eloim, Essaim, frugativi et appelavi.) This is a spell written in a grimoire spread in France during the 18th and 19th century.
1989 anime series
Shingo Umoregi (埋れ木 真吾) is a boy in fifth grade. He was nicknamed “Akuma-kun” by his friends due to his immense knowledge of demons and the occult. His father Shigeru Umoregi is a manga artist who struggles to sell his work. According to Faust, Shingo is said to be the Messiah, who appears once every ten thousand years to bring peace to the world.
List of episodes
|No.||Title||Original air date|
|1||"「魔界の 見えない学校!!」makai no mienai gakkou !!"||April 15, 1989|
|2||"「正義の呪文、 エロイムエッサイム」seigi no jumon, EROIMUESSAIMU"||April 22, 1989|
|3||"「魔方陣に、 出でよ12使徒」mahou jin ni, dedeyo 12 shito"||April 29, 1989|
|4||"「こうもり猫のワナ」koumori neko no WANA"||May 6, 1989|
|5||"「怒りの変身、 妖虎の出現!!」ikari no henshin, ayatora no shutsugen !!"||May 13, 1989|
|6||"「なぜ、 古代魔法界の英雄が!?」naze, kodai mahou kai no eiyuu ga !?"||May 20, 1989|
|7||"「百目一族と 悲劇の月人」hyaku moku ichizoku to higeki no tsukijin"||May 27, 1989|
|8||"「君の心に、 とどけソロモンの笛!」kimi no kokoro ni, todoke SOROMON no fue !"||June 3, 1989|
|9||"「夢の12使徒が 全員集合!!」yume no 12 shito ga zenin shuugou !!"||June 10, 1989|
|10||"「魔女伝説!恐怖が 待ち伏せる幻の館」majo densetsu ! kyoufu ga machibuseru maboroshi no kan"||June 17, 1989|
|11||"「肖像画に隠された 美少女の秘密」shouzou ga ni kakusare ta bishoujo no himitsu"||June 24, 1989|
|12||"「心のすき間を 悪魔が笑う」kokoro no sukima wo akuma ga warau"||July 8, 1989|
|13||"「絶体絶命! 超妖怪なんじゃもんじゃ」zettaizetsumei ! chou kaibutsu nanja monja"||July 15, 1989|
|14||"「地獄の大王 エンマの怒りに 傷つく12使徒」jigoku no daiou ENMA no ikari ni kizutsuku 12 shito"||July 22, 1989|
|15||"「眠れる森の妖精王 ティタニアの願い」nemureru mori no yousei ou TITANIA no negai"||July 29, 1989|
|16||"「氷の妖精キララが 流す虹色の涙」koori no yousei KIRARA ga nagasu niji shoku no namida"||August 5, 1989|
|17||"「伝説の魔鏡 アニマムディの予言!?」densetsu no ma kyou ANIMAMUDI no yogen !?"||August 12, 1989|
|18||"「今、明かされる 東嶽大帝の秘密!!」ima, akasareru higashi take taitei no himitsu !!"||August 19, 1989|
|19||"「奪われたソロモンの笛!!」ubawareta SOROMON no fue !!"||August 26, 1989|
|20||"「遠い海から来たセドナ」tooi umi kara kita SEDONA"||September 2, 1989|
|21||"「黒魔法陣と魔女ヘドラ」kuro mahoujin to majo HEDORA"||September 9, 1989|
|22||"「魔空間へ消える 天空船の謎」makuukan e kieru tenkuu sen no nazo"||September 23, 1989|
|23||"「羽ばたけ、希望の翼よ!」habatake, kibou no tsubasa yo !"||September 30, 1989|
|24||"「消えた見えない学校!」kieta mienai gakkou !"||October 21, 1989|
|25||"「いたずらパニック、花火幽霊!」itazura PANIKKU, hanabi yuurei !"||October 28, 1989|
|26||"「鳥乙女とイースター島の謎」tori otome to IISUTAA tou no nazo"||November 4, 1989|
|27||"「精霊の家、百目たちの冒険」seirei no ie, hyaku moku tachi no bouken"||November 11, 1989|
|28||"「世界のヘソ、蓬莢島の危機」sekai no HESO, houraijima no kiki"||November 18, 1989|
|29||"「クモにされたメフィス2世!!」KUMO ni sareta MEFISUTO 2 sei !!"||December 2, 1989|
|30||"「生命玉が応える12使徒の夢」seimei dama ga kotaeru 12 shito no yume"||December 9, 1989|
|31||"「悪魔大使トン・フーチン」akuma taishi TON.FUUCHIN"||December 16, 1989|
|32||"「奥様たちは魔女がお好き!?」okusama-tachi wa majo ga wo suki !?"||December 23, 1989|
|33||"「狙われたメフィスト2世」nerawareta MEFISUTO 2 sei"||January 13, 1990|
|34||"「生きかえれ!見えない学校」ikikaere ! mienai gakkou"||January 20, 1990|
|35||"「死後の世界を見せる 妖怪屋敷の不思議」shi go no sekai wo miseru youkai yashiki no fushigi"||January 27, 1990|
|36||"「ようこそ悪魔博覧会へ」youko so akuma hakuran kai e"||February 10, 1990|
|37||"「奪われた集魔玉、 地獄界の混乱!」ubawareta shuu ma dama, jigoku kai no konran !"||February 17, 1990|
|38||"「日本を襲う 霊魂爆弾の恐怖」nippon wo osou reikon bakudan no kyoufu"||February 24, 1990|
|39||"「ソロモンの鍵と 究極の六芒星」SOROMON no kagi to kyuukyoku no roku susuki boshi"||March 3, 1990|
|40||"「地上に降りた 最強の悪魔軍団」chijou ni ori ta saikyou no akuma gundan"||March 10, 1990|
|41||"「魔空間に突撃! 急げ、見えない学校」ma kuukan ni totsugeki ! isoge, mienai gakkou"||March 17, 1990|
|42||"「最終回 夢よ、とどけ君の心に!」saishuu kai yume yo, todoke kimi no kokoro ni !"||March 24, 1990|
The game follows Shingo Umoregi (Akuma-kun), who the player controls, through three different types of areas. The world map allows Akuma-kun to visit different towns and dungeons. The world map is in an overhead perspective and features random encounters, which pit Akuma-kun against randomly appearing enemies. During battles, the perspective switches to first-person and the player selects different types of attacks from a menu. During battle, the player can summon demons to aid Akuma-kun with fighting. The player's party and the enemies then take turns attacking each other, similar to most other turn-based RPGs. When Akuma-kun enters a town, the view switches to that of a side-scrolling video game. By moving up at certain areas, Akuma-kun can enter buildings and shops.
The game begins as a wizard explains to Akuma-kun that the world will be a better place if demons and humans establish contact. Akuma-kun then sets out to establish this connection.
- Hodgkins, Crystalyn (March 7, 2021). "Shigeru Mizuki's Akuma-kun Manga Gets New Anime Project". Anime News Network. Retrieved March 7, 2021.
- Hodgkins, Crystalyn (March 6, 2022). "Netflix to Release Akuma Kun Anime Worldwide in 2023". Anime News Network. Retrieved March 6, 2022.