Archangel (2017 video game)
From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|Engine||Unreal Engine 4|
July 18, 2017
Oculus Rift, PC
August 2, 2017
Archangel is a is a virtual reality first-person shooter game for Windows, PlayStation 4, and Oculus Quest, developed by Skydance Interactive. In 2018, a free update titled Archangel: Hellfire was released for free.
The player plays as an experienced combat ace and Archangel test pilot Gabriel or Gabby Walker as humanity's last best hope of The Free. Players get to control a giant mech known as the Archangel with shields, power ups, and weapons to take down the HUMNX. Using both twin controllers or a gamepad control, players can fire an array of weapons on each mighty mech arm, or smash enemy units with your fists. They would also have to upgrade them by choice, meaning they have to choose one of the weapons upgraded to the mech carefully.
At the end of the 21st century, the world is in ruins as a consequence of disastrous ecological disaster. In control of the world is HUMNX, a corporation born out of a desire to heal the world, no matter the human cost. Opportunistic and driven by cold logic, it is trying to rebuild the world under its vision. Opposing it are the remnants of the United States Armed Forces, now the self-proclaimed United States Free Forces (USFF), or ‘The Free’. To resolve this, The Free created an experimental weapon called The Archangel, to take freedom back for humanity from HUMNX.
In May 2016, Skydance launched the Skydance Interactive division last year following the acquisition of The Workshop Entertainment and announced in January 2017 for a new VR story-driven game titled Archangel which later showcased at E3 2017.
The game has received mixed reviews from critics according to review aggregator Metacritic. Gaming Nexus gave it a positive review of a 8.55 out of 10, COGConnected gave it a 91 out of 100, and UploadVR gave it an 8 out of 10.
- Nafarrete, Jonathan (February 15, 2017). "Inside IMAX's Los Angeles VR Center".
- "Skydance Interactive Unveils Archangel: Hellfire, Off-Rails Multiplayer VR Game Coming June 28".
- Valdes, Giancarlo (July 2, 2018). "Video: Skydance shows off Archangel: Hellfire's chaotic multiplayer mode".
- "About The Game". Archangel.
- "Archangel". Metacritic.
- "Archangel". Gaming Nexus.
- "Archangel Review – Beautiful Mech Action in a Not-So-Beautiful World". COGconnected.
- "Archangel: Hellfire Review - The Best VR Mech Combat Game Yet". July 17, 2018.