Association of Hungarian Record Companies
From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|Music of Hungary|
|Media and performance|
|Nationalistic and patriotic songs|
Hungarian Recording Industry Association (Hungarian: Magyar Hanglemezkiadók Szövetsége, more commonly abbreviated to MAHASZ or Mahasz) is the Hungarian music industry association, founded in 1992. MAHASZ issues the Hungarian Music Awards, awards music recording certification and maintains the music charts for Hungary.
Since 1 January 2018, MAHASZ combined all music recording certification into one combined "album" certifications, which includes albums and singles of all genres and origins. For Gold status an album needs to sell 2,000 units and for Platinum 4,000 units, where ten singles are counted as one album. The certification also includes streaming at a rate of 1,000 paid streams or 5,000 free streams per album.
Certification levels history
Certifications have existed in Hungary since the mid-1970s. During that period, albums had to sell 50,000 units to qualify for Gold status and singles required 100,000 units.
Over the years, Mahasz awarded certifications for albums, singled and music videos (DVDs).
For pop albums, separate thresholds were in place for domestic repertoire and international repertoire, as follows.
|Certification||Before 12 June 1992||Before 3 December 1997||Before 23 April 2002||Before 23 February 2005||Before 13 September 2006||Before 1 October 2009||Before 14 December 2012||Since 14 December 2012|
|Certification||Before 23 February 2005||Before 13 September 2006||Before 14 December 2012||Until 2018|
For singles, the same thresholds applied independent of the origin and genre.
|Certification||Before 23 February 2005||Before 13 September 2006||Before 13 September 2006|
Music videos (DVDs)
For music videos (DVDs), the same thresholds applied independent of the origin.
|Certification||Before 13 September 2006||From 13 September 2006|
List of certified albums
Below is a list of albums that have been certified by MAHASZ.
- List of number-one singles of the 2000s (Hungary)
- List of number-one singles of the 2010s (Hungary)
- List of number-one singles of the 2020s (Hungary)
- "Mi számít arany- és platinalemeznek? - Arany- és platinalemezek - Hivatalos magyar slágerlisták". zene.slagerlistak.hu (in Hungarian). Retrieved 4 October 2019.
- "Billboard Vol. 86, No. 52". Billboard. 1974-12-26. p. 40. Retrieved 2013-04-29.
- "MAHASZ: Arany- és platinalemezek › A díjak története (Albums levels)". MAHASZ. Retrieved 2013-09-16.
- "The Recording Industry in Japan 2005" (PDF). Recording Industry Association of Japan. 2005. p. 23.
- "Arany és platinalemezek" (in Hungarian). Mahasz. Archived from the original on 2005-08-26. Retrieved 11 August 2021.
- "Arany és platinalemezek" (in Hungarian). Mahasz. Archived from the original on 2005-10-23. Retrieved 11 August 2021.
- "Certification Award Levels October 2007" (PDF). International Federation of the Phonographic Industry. October 2007. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2019-04-12.
- "International Certification Award levels IFPI August 2012" (PDF). International Federation of the Phonographic Industry. August 2012. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-09-20.
- "Mi számít arany- és platinalemeznek? - Arany- és platinalemezek - Hivatalos magyar slágerlisták". zene.slagerlistak.hu. Archived from the original on 2013-01-16. Retrieved 4 October 2019.
- "IFPI Recording Industry In Numbers 2006" (PDF). International Federation of the Phonographic Industry. 2006. pp. 108–109. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2006-12-19.