From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
Benjamin Aron Colonomos
September 10, 1981
New York, US
|Known for||Co-host for Crazy Talk and Pickler & Ben|
Benjamin Aron Colonomos (born September 10, 1981) is a New York City-based media personality formerly for NBCUniversal's LXTV and WNBC's New York Live, and for the nationally syndicated Crazy Talk television series. From 2017 to 2019, he co-hosted the nationally syndicated TV talk show Pickler & Ben with country artist Kellie Pickler. As of the start of 2020, he is a features reporter for the PIX11 Morning News on WPIX-TV in New York.
Early life and education
Benjamin Aron Colonomos was born on September 10, 1981, in New York to Janis Yudelson Salerno and Mark Colonomos of Jewish heritage. He grew up in Piermont, New York and graduated from Emerson College, in Boston, Massachusetts.
Aaron started his journalism career on radio in 1999 at 18 years old working for Radio Disney. After a brief stint hosting a radio show in Tucson, Arizona, he moved to Los Angeles and landed an on-air television hosting job for Daybreak OC, an Orange County-based morning lifestyle/news show serving all of Los Angeles. From there he went to KSWB in San Diego continuing his work as a features reporter until WNBC in New York picked him up. He has worked for NBCUniversal at WNBC as their host of New York Live. There he received three consecutive Emmy Awards for "Best Features Reporter". He was a co-host of the nationally syndicated television program, Crazy Talk as well as being a correspondent for Extra. In September 2017, Aaron began co-hosting Pickler & Ben, a syndicated talk show, with country star Kellie Pickler. After that talk show's cancellation in summer 2019, he returned to New York, staying employed by Pickler & Ben distributor Scripps as a morning features reporter for their newly acquired New York station, WPIX-TV at the start of 2020.
In August 2013, Aaron became engaged to ABC News Chief Meteorologist Ginger Zee. The couple wed on June 7, 2014. Their son Adrian Benjamin Colonomos was born in December 2015. in Petoskey, Michigan. On August 14, 2017, Zee announced on Good Morning America that she was pregnant with the couple's second child. On February 9, 2018, she gave birth to a boy, named Miles Macklin. The family lives in Rockland County, New York.
- Zee, Ginger (2017). Natural Disaster: I Cover Them. I Am One. Los Angeles: Kingswell. p. 244.
- Morona, Joey (September 18, 2017). "Kellie Pickler's new talk show 'Pickler & Ben' offers a little bit of everything". The Plain Dealer. Retrieved September 21, 2017.
- "PIX11 announces Morning News expansion; station adds 9 a.m. hour beginning Jan. 2020" (Press release). WPIX-TV. 18 December 2019. Retrieved 31 December 2019.
- Good, Dan (December 20, 2015). "ABC News meteorologist Ginger Zee, husband Ben Aaron welcome son's birth". Daily News. New York City. Archived from the original on June 9, 2016. Retrieved August 14, 2017.
Aaron was born Benjamin Colonomos, but uses his middle name on television.
- Ben Aaron. "About". Facebook. Archived from the original on August 14, 2017. Retrieved October 28, 2015.
- Mark Colonomos (January 19, 2013). "Fathers Day KDOC. Ben Aaron". KDOC-TV. YouTube. Retrieved October 28, 2015.
- Ben Aaron (December 28, 2010). "Mother". Facebook. Retrieved October 28, 2015.
- Ben Aaron Meets Amish Mary YouTube. 17 June 2013
- Zee, Ginger (2017). Natural Disaster: I Cover Them. I Am One. Los Angeles: Kingswell. p. 251.
- NBC Universal link
- Joi-Marie McKenzie (September 17, 2015). ""Crazy Talk" Co-Host and Ginger Zee's Husband Ben Aaron Says Fatherhood Makes Him 'Nervous'; Talks New Show". ABC News Radio. Retrieved October 28, 2015.
- KDFW (October 5, 2015). "New comedy show 'Crazy Talk' comes to my27". KDFW. Retrieved October 28, 2015.
- Miller, Valerie. "Scripps Greenlights New Lifestyle Talk Show in Partnership with Faith Hill". Scripps. E.W. Scripps. Retrieved August 18, 2017.
- "Ginger Zee: Taken by storm". Splash. Chicago Splash. May 30, 2014. Archived from the original on June 10, 2016. Retrieved June 9, 2014.
- Strohm, Emily (June 7, 2014). "Ginger Zee Marries Ben Aaron". People. Retrieved August 14, 2017.
- "ABC News chief meteorologist Ginger Zee expecting 2nd child". ABC News. August 14, 2017. Retrieved August 14, 2017.
- Chance, Todd (June 8, 2014). "Ginger Zee's wedding: See the 'after party' pictures from Petoskey". MLive.com. Archived from the original on April 5, 2016. Retrieved August 14, 2017.