Chip and Potato
From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|Chip and Potato|
|Directed by||Ridd Sorensen|
|Theme music composer||My Kite Music Productions|
|Opening theme||"Chip and Potato"|
|Ending theme||"Chip and Potato" (Instrumental)|
|Composer||My Kite Music Productions|
|Country of origin|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||63|
|Running time||11 minutes|
|Production companies||WildBrain Studios|
|Original network||Family Jr. (Canada)|
Netflix (United States)
|Picture format||HDTV 1080i|
|Original release||October 15, 2018 –|
The series follows Chip, a young pug who faces challenges in kindergarten and Potato, her snuggly "toy" who is secretly a living mouse. It first premiered on Family Jr. on October 15, 2018. The first twenty episodes (released as two segments per episode) of the series were released on Netflix on Friday 17th May 2019. The second half, labeled as a second season, was released on Netflix on Friday 29th November 2019 and Family Jr. A third season premiered on Tuesday 8th March 2022 on Netflix. Season 4 premiered on 3rd October 2022 on Netflix.
Chip and Potato is about Chip, a young little pug who faces big challenges and embarks on the new stages of her life. There to help and comfort Chip whenever she needs it is her best friend Potato, a toy who she snuggles in her pocket. However, Potato is actually a real, living mouse who must be kept a secret. 
- Chip Pug (voiced by Abigail Oliver; Ava Talbot in the UK dub in season 1 and Megan Heavey in season 2 and onwards in the UK dub), is a friendly, curious, and big-hearted five-year-old pug girl. She is Nico's best friend and Potato's BFF.
- Potato (voiced by Andrea Libman) is Chip's best friend, who is a tiny mouse. Potato keeps herself a secret to everyone else; she appears as a toy when anyone else is around, except for Chip. She gives Chip security and confidence and is her BFF.
- Spud Pug (voiced by Chance Hurstfield; Sam Day in the UK dub and Ben Riley in season 2 and onward in the UK dub) is Chip's older brother. His relationship with his sister is healthy and often gives advice to his sister when she's having trouble. Spud enjoys skateboarding.
- Little Momma Pug (voiced by Briana Buckmaster; Kate Harbour in the UK dub) is Chip's mother. Formerly a receptionist, she is now a stay at home mother after having her third puglet, Totsy Tot.
- Little Poppa Pug (voiced by Brian Dobson; Wayne Forester in the UK dub) is Chip's father. He is a police officer and does most of the house work like cooking whenever he's off-duty.
- Nico Panda (voiced by Dominic Good) is a panda and Chip's best friend. By the end of season one, he is one of few people who knows about Potato's secret.
- Totsy Tot Pug is Chip's baby sister. Despite getting off on the wrong foot, Chip adores her little sister and even gave her the name "Totsy Tot". Totsy is one of the few characters Potato shows her true self around.
- Grandma Pug (voiced by Christina Jastrzembska) is Chip's grandmother. Grandma Pug does not live with Chip and her family and often makes visits, but she enjoys seeing her family whenever she has the chance. However in the second season, she and her husband moved into Welcome Walk for their new business.
- Stomp and Stamp Fant (voiced by Evan Byarushengo and Scotia Andersen) are a pair of twin elephants. They are Chip's friends and neighbors. Stomp and Stamp enjoy doing things together and are rarely seen apart.
- Amanda Panda (voiced by Teryl Rothery) is Nico's mother. She raises both of her sons in Welcome Walk. Her husband Andy does not live with her and travels the world to help people decorate their homes as his job, but he and Amanda still love each other.
- Bodi Panda is Nico's baby brother. Bodi is one of the few who's aware of Potato's secret, Potato occasionally plays with him whenever they're alone.
- Mr. Diggerty (voiced by Alessandro Juliani) is the kindergarten teacher of Rainbow Forest School and teaches Chip's class. He is a fair and dedicated teacher and makes sure that his class is fun and fair for his students. In the Thanksgiving special, his first name is revealed to be "Desmond".
- Gigglish Grand (voiced by Emma Jayne Maas) is a giraffe and is one of Chip's friends and neighbors. She's a sporty giraffe and enjoys any form of outdoor activity. She's seen doing cartwheels.
- Howie Hyena (voiced by Brenden Sunderland) is a hyena. He is mischievous kindergartener at Rainbow Forest School. He likes blowing raspberries and always causes trouble. Despite this, he has a softer side and cares.
- Gordie Pug (voiced by Garry Chalk) is a pug and Grandma Pug's husband. They got married in the second season of the show, he moved into Welcome Walk with her. Gordie is also a magician.
- Glenda (voiced by Naomi Tan) is a dalmatian and Gordie's granddaughter.
Chip and Potato is co-produced by WildBrain Studios in Canada and Darrall Macqueen in the United Kingdom. The series' target demographic is for children under seven years old. Maddy Darrall, the co-founder and co-MD at Darrall Macqueen, told C21 regarding the series that "series arcs in preschool animation are simply not done; we want to prove they should be."
Season 1 (Season 1 & 2 on Netflix)
|No.||Title||Directed by||Written by||Storyboard by||Original air date ||Netflix release date|
|1||"Morning Potato!"||Joel Dickie||Catherine Williams||Jason Horychun and David Wiebe||October 15, 2018||May 17, 2019|
|It's Chip's first day of Kindergarten, and she wants to show that she's ready to get ready for school all by herself, just like her big brother Spud.|
|2||"Chip Starts Kindergarten"||Ridd Sorensen||Catherine Williams||Krista-Marie Porter||October 16, 2018||May 17, 2019|
|It's Chip's very first day at school. Chip is so excited, she wants to be first to see and do everything, but she'll have to learn to wait her turn.|
|3||"Chip Gets Lost"||Joel Dickie||Catherine Williams||David Wiebe||October 17, 2018||May 17, 2019|
|Chip volunteers to take the class attendance to the school office, but the school is a pretty big place for a little pug to navigate all on her own!|
|4||"Car Wash Chip"||Ridd Sorensen||Catherine Williams||Joel Dickie||October 18, 2018||May 17, 2019|
|Chip volunteers for her first ever chore: washing her neighbours' RV! The RV is huge compared to little Chip, but she's determined to finish the job.|
|5||"Chip Goes Rollerskating"||Joel Dickie||Simon Nicholson||Kent Webb||October 19, 2018||May 17, 2019|
|Mr. and Mrs. Dazzle give Chip a pair of rollerskates, and she wants to go rollerskating right away.|
|6||"Chip n Grandma Day"||Ridd Sorensen||Denise Cassar||Marta Demong||October 20, 2018||May 17, 2019|
|Chip gets to spend the day with her Grandma! But when traffic and line-ups delay their plans, Chip worries they won't have time for a special treat.|
|7||"Nico's First Day"||Joel Dickie||Catherine Williams||Karine Charlebois||October 21, 2018||May 17, 2019|
|Chip's new neighbour Nico is nervous about his first day at Rainbow Forest Elementary School, and Chip wants to be his First Day Buddy helper.|
|8||"Sporty Chip"||Ridd Sorensen||Dave Ingham||Marta Demong||October 22, 2018||May 17, 2019|
|Chip is excited for her first gym class, but she struggles to compete with the other Happy Hoppers because of her short puggy legs.|
|9||"Stomp and Stamp's Slide"||Joel Dickie||Miranda Larson||Sidne Marat||October 23, 2018||May 17, 2019|
|Chip is excited for her first gym class, but she struggles to compete with the other Happy Hoppers because of her short puggy legs.|
|10||"Show and Tell Chip"||Ridd Sorensen||Denise Cassar||Kaylea Chard||October 24, 2018||May 17, 2019|
|It's Show and Tell day for the Happy Hoppers! But when Chip's homemade mouse house gets squished, she has to think of something else to show.|
|11||"Chip and Deely Bear"||Joel Dickie||Dave Ingham||Krisia-Marie Porter||October 25, 2018||May 17, 2019|
|After taking care of the class snuggly toy, Deely Bear, for the weekend, it's the night before school, and Chip can't find Deely Bear!|
|12||"Chip's Piano Lesson"||Ridd Sorensen||Denise Cassar||Gerry Fournier||December 3, 2018||May 17, 2019|
|It's Chip's first piano lesson with her teacher Corella Cockatoo! Chip wants to play a tune just like Momma, but first she has to learn just one note.|
|13||"A Playdate at Nico's"||Joel Dickie||Soulla Eriksen||Kent Webb||December 10, 2018||May 17, 2019|
|Chip goes to Nico's house all on her own for their first playdate, where Potato makes friends with baby Body and Chip learns to try new things.|
|14||"Roxy the Babysitter"||Ridd Sorenson||Simon Nicholson||Marta Demong||December 17, 2018||May 17, 2019|
|Chip is nervous about having a new babysitter, Roxy the rhino, she wants bedtime to be the same as it always is with Momma and Poppa.|
|15||"Chip's Class Show"||Joel Dickie||Catherine Williams||Karine Charlebois||January 7, 2019||May 17, 2019|
|The Happy Hoppers are performing a pirate show for their families. Chip is confident about her line, until she has to go on stage without Potato.|
|16||"Double Playdate Chip!"||Ridd Sorensen||Chris Parker||Jason Horychun||January 14, 2019||May 17, 2019|
|Spud's best friend Pacco and Chip's best friend Nico come over for a double play date, but they have trouble finding an activity they all enjoy.|
|17||"Chip's First Sleepover"||Joel Dickie||Denise Cassar||Sidne Marat||January 21, 2019||May 17, 2019|
|Chip goes to Nico's house for her first sleepover. But bedtime is a lot different at the Panda house, and Chip isn't sure she wants to stay overnight.|
|18||"Doctor Chip"||Ridd Sorensen||Helen Farrall||Kaylea Chard||January 28, 2019||May 17, 2019|
|When Potato catches a cold during a family fun day, Chip tries to help her get better.|
|19||"Chip's Swimming Lesson"||Joel Dickie||Dave Ingham||David Wiebe||February 4, 2019||May 17, 2019|
|It's time for Chip's first swimming lesson, along with the rest of the Happy Hoppers! But jumping into the pool can be pretty scary for a little pug.|
|20||"Spud's Homework"||Ridd Sorensen||Emma Nisbet||Simon Piniel||February 11, 2019||May 17, 2019|
|Chip wants to help Spud with his homework assignment even though he asked her not to. When she tries to help out anyway, she accidentally ruins it.|
|21||"Police Pug Chip"||Joel Dickie||Chris Parker||David Wiebe||March 4, 2019||November 29, 2019|
|Chip joins her Poppa for Bring Your Child to Work Day, but when Potato goes missing at the Happyton Police Station, she has an emergency on her hands.|
|22||"Pumpkin Picking Chip"||Ridd Sorensen||Lizzie Ennever||Gerry Fournier||March 11, 2019||November 29, 2019|
|During the annual pumpkin picking competition, Chip and Potato find the biggest pumpkin ever, but they need to get it home to win the competition.|
|23||"Chip's School Trip"||Joel Dickie||Dave Ingham||Steve Daye||March 18, 2019||November 29, 2019|
|The Happy Hoppers are going on their first school trip to the museum, but nothing goes according to plan for Chip.|
|24||"Big Sister Chip"||Ridd Sorensen||Helen Farrall||Luke Gustafson||March 25, 2019||November 29, 2019|
|The new Pug baby is about to be born. While she waits for news from Momma and Poppa, Chip has a sleepover with the Pandas next door.|
|25||"Chip's Baby Sister"||Joel Dickie||Catherine Williams||Karine Charlebois||April 1, 2019||November 29, 2019|
|Chip's new baby sister has come home, and Chip wants to hold her for the first time. But the baby puglet cries every time Chip tries.|
|26||"After School Chip"||Ridd Sorensen||Catherine Williams||Jason Horychun||April 8, 2019||November 29, 2019|
|Chip attends the After School Club for the first time and is completely overwhelmed by all of the new faces, sounds and activities.|
|27||"Grandma Pug's Birthday"||Joel Dickie||Gillian Corderoy||Sidne Marat||April 15, 2019||November 29, 2019|
|Chip has planned the best birthday party ever for Grandma Pug, but when Grandma brings an unexpected friend to the party, nothing goes as planned.|
|28||"Puggy House Guest"||Ridd Sorensen||Mark Robertson||Kaylea Chard||April 22, 2019||November 29, 2019|
|Momma's friend Fernanda introduces the family to foosball. Chip struggles to win, even with expert advice from Fernanda.|
|29||"Puggy Butterfly"||Joel Dickie||Simon Nicholson||David Wiebe||April 29, 2019||November 29, 2019|
|Chip doesn't feel well at school, but she doesn't want to miss the class butterfly emerging from is chrysalis, so she tries to hide how she feels.|
|30||"Itchy Chip"||Ridd Sorensen||Denise Cassar||Katherine De Vries||May 6, 2019||November 29, 2019|
|Chip has the itchy puggy spots, but she isn't allowed to scratch. She'll need to get creative to stay busy and forget about her itchy spots.|
|31||"Back to School Chip"||Joel Dickie||Dave Ingham||Krista-Marie Porter||May 13, 2019||November 29, 2019|
|Chip's Puggy Spots are healing so she returns to school, but it seems like everything changed while she was away.|
|32||"Chip's Big Bike Ride"||Ridd Sorensen||Alexandra Owen||Gerry Fourenier & Karine Charlebois||May 20, 2019||November 29, 2019|
|Chip wants to go on a bike ride to Happyton Park with Momma and baby Tot. But first she'll have to learn to ride Spud's old big pug bike!|
|33||"Bye Bye Dazzles"||Joel Dickie||Chris Parker||Steve Daye||May 27, 2019||November 29, 2019|
|Chip's neighbors, the Dazzles, are moving away. She's sad to see her beloved neighbors leave, and wants them to know how much she'll miss them!|
|34||"Puggy Parent-Teacher Day"||Ridd Sorensen||Chris Parker||Luke Gustafson||June 3, 2019||November 29, 2019|
|It's Parent-Teacher Day, and Chip has been a perfect student all year. But then she gets in trouble for talking too much, ruining her perfect record!|
|35||"Chip's First Piano Exam"||Joel Dickie||Denise Cassar||Jason Horychun||June 10, 2019||November 29, 2019|
|It's time for Chip to take her first piano exam. But every time Chip thinks about the exam, she gets scared and her paws go wobbly.|
|36||"Chip's Homework Project"||Ridd Sorensen||Catherine Williams||Jason Horychun||June 17, 2019||November 29, 2019|
|Chip is having trouble with a homework project; she can't fit all her family and friends in one drawing.|
|37||"Hospital Trip Chip"||Joel Dickie||Catherine Williams||Sidne Marat||June 24, 2019||November 29, 2019|
|Chip's friend Nico must stay overnight at the hospital with a broken arm and a bump on his head. It's up to Chip and Potato to help him feel better!|
|38||"Chip Without Potato"||Ridd Sorensen||Catherine Williams||Kaylea Chard||July 1, 2019||November 29, 2019|
|It's Chip's first time without Potato. Chip misses having her friend to talk to, and she worries she won't be able to sleep without a Potato snuggle.|
|39||"Chip's Birthday"||Joel Dickie||Catherine Williams||David Wiebe||July 8, 2019||November 29, 2019|
|It's Chip's fifth birthday but she is worried her most special friends Nico and Potato won't be home in time for her birthday party.|
|40||"Snow School Chip"||Ridd Sorensen||Catherine Williams||Katherine De Vries||July 15, 2019||November 29, 2019|
|During a snowy school day, Chip and Nico share the job of looking after Potato.|
Season 2 (Season 3 and 4 on Netflix)
- Fairground Chip
- Chip, Meet Mrs. Whale
- Chip and Glenda
- Chip, the Picnic Entertainer
- Chip's Haircut
- Chip's Sleepaway T-shirt
- Tot's New Bed
- Chip's Cake Bake
- Kevin Comes to Stay
- Tot's First Birthday
- Chip and Potato: Flying Chip
- Chip and Potato: Chip's Holiday
- Bridespup Chip
- Chip and Nico's Fun Day
- Chip is Sorry
- Grandma and Gordie's Taqueria
- Flingo's Show
- Boo-bam's School Visit
- Tot and Potato
- Howie Has Heart
- Wedding Rehearsal Chip
- Grandma and Gordie's Big Puggy Wedding
- Chip and Potato: Chip's Thanksgiving
- "Chip and Potato". Darrall Macqueen. Retrieved 18 February 2019.
- "Briana Buckmaster Voices Pug in New Children's Show, 'Chip and Potato'". Nerds and Beyond. 16 October 2018. Retrieved 18 February 2019.
- "When Does "Chip and Potato" Start? Netflix Release Date, News". 4 May 2019.
- "Chip and Potato". Family Jr. Retrieved 18 February 2019.
- "Chip and Potato". Eye On Canada. Archived from the original on 19 February 2019. Retrieved 18 February 2019.
- "Netflix binges on Chip and Potato". Darrall Macqueen. 30 November 2018. Retrieved 18 February 2019.
- "Chip and Potato (Children)".
- "Chip & Potato". Netflix. Retrieved 18 February 2019.