From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|First issue||April 12, 1994|
|Final issue||May 2, 2016|
|Based in||Nashville, Tennessee|
Country Weekly was an American magazine about country music. Renamed Nash Country Weekly in 2015, it was in circulation between April 1994 and May 2016. The publisher, Cumulus Media, now maintains the site Nash Country Daily.
The magazine was established in 1994 by American Media, Inc. It focused on country music stars and events, and regularly featured exclusive interviews with recording artists and country music news. Country Weekly also cosponsored the CMT/TNN Country Weekly Music Awards, at the time the only nationally televised country music awards show that allowed fans to vote for the winners.
In February 2009, Country Weekly reverted to a weekly magazine, having been issued fortnightly since 1999. The magazine also dropped subscriptions at that point (which it later reinstated), and changed its logo. Cumulus Media acquired Country Weekly in 2014. The magazine was renamed Nash Country Weekly in June 2015, as a means of co-branding with Nash FM. Nash Country Weekly closed its print publication in April 2016.
- "eCirc for Consumer Magazines". Audit Bureau of Circulations. Archived from the original on July 24, 2012. Retrieved April 28, 2012.
- "American Media, Inc. - Company History". Funding universe. Retrieved March 12, 2013.
- "Potential Markets". Freelance Writing. Retrieved December 4, 2015.
- "Country Weekly Magazine". Mondo Times. Retrieved December 3, 2013.
- "McGraw-Hill Partnership Yields 18 TNN Country Weekly Music Awards Nods". BMI (Press release). March 25, 2001. Retrieved July 9, 2007.
- Ives, Nat (January 12, 2009). "Country Weekly Drops Subscriptions for Newsstand Sales Only". Ad Age. Archived from the original on August 29, 2012. Retrieved January 14, 2009.
- 'Nash Country Weekly' Shifting To Digital Only, Relaunching As Daily Content Provider
- "Country Weekly" Changes Name to "Nash Country Weekly" June 5, 2015. Retrieved December 4, 2015.
- Nicholson, Jessica (April 14, 2016). "'Nash Country Weekly' Closes Print Publication". MusicRow. Retrieved April 30, 2016.
- "NASH Country Daily Launches Site - MusicRow.com". 6 May 2016.
- "NASH Country Daily to Launch with Keith Urban Feature".