From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
Dawn Prestwich is an American television writer and producer. She attended The Hockaday School in Dallas, Texas and Stanford University. In 1997, she shared an Emmy nomination with several producers of Chicago Hope in the category "Outstanding Drama Series". In 2003, she and Nicole Yorkin won a Writers Guild of America award for the pilot episode of the episodic drama The Education of Max Bickford.
In 2009 Prestwich and Yorkin joined the crew of new ABC science fiction drama FlashForward as consulting producers and writers. The series was co-created by David S. Goyer and Brannon Braga. The show follows a team of FBI agents investigating a global blackout that gave victims a vision of their future. Prestwich and Yorkin co-wrote the teleplay for the episode "Gimme Some Truth" based on a story by Barbara Nance. They also co-wrote the episodes "Believe" and "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road".
She has two sons, Noah and Isaac.
- Melrose Place (1993) - writer
- Picket Fences (1994) - writer - producer
- Chicago Hope (1995–1999) - writer, co-executive producer
- Judging Amy (1999–2001) - writer and co-executive producer
- The Education of Max Bickford (2001–2002) - writer/creator - executive producer
- Carnivàle (2003–2005) - writer and co-executive producer
- Battlestar Galactica (2005) - writer
- Brotherhood (2006) - writer and co-executive producer
- The Riches (2007–2008) - writer and executive producer
- FlashForward (2009–2010) - writer and consulting producer
- The Killing (2011–2014) - writer and executive producer
- Z: The Beginning of Everything (2015–2017) - creator, writer and co-executive producer
- Bobby Roth (director), Dawn Prestwich & Nicole Yorkin (teleplay), Barbara Nance (story) (2009-10-22). "Gimme Some Truth". FlashForward. Season 1. Episode 5. ABC.
- Michael Nankin (director), Dawn Prestwich & Nicole Yorkin (writers) (2009-11-19). "Believe". FlashForward. Season 1. Episode 9. ABC.
- Nick Gomez (director), Dawn Prestwich & Nicole Yorkin (writers) (2010-04-29). "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road". FlashForward. Season 1. Episode 18. ABC.