From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|Also known as||Dinotrux Supercharged (seasons 6–8)|
|Based on||Dinotrux book series|
by Chris Gall
|Theme music composer||Robert Persaud|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||8|
|No. of episodes||78 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producers||Jeff DeGrandis|
|Running time||23 minutes|
|Production company||DreamWorks Animation Television|
|Distributor||NBCUniversal Television Distribution|
|Original release||August 14, 2015 –|
August 3, 2018
Dinotrux is an American computer-animated web series based on Chris Gall's series of books by the same name. It features a fictional prehistoric world inhabited by hybrid characters that are part reptile and part mechanical tool called Reptools. The larger ones known as Dinotrux, who are dinosaurs combined with trucks, are accompanied by Rotilian Reptools and other types of smaller ones. The series debuted on August 14, 2015 on Netflix, with the second season following on March 11, 2016, and the third on October 7, 2016, and the fourth on March 31, 2017, and the fifth on August 18, 2017. Beginning on November 10, 2017, subsequent seasons are released under the title Dinotrux Supercharged, with the second season being released on March 23, 2018, and the third and final season on August 3, 2018.
A prehistoric world, which is set in the Mechazoic era, is populated by hybrid reptile-tools called Reptools, which include hybrid dinosaur-construction vehicles called Dinotrux. Two best friends, Ty Rux, who is a good Tyrannosaurus Rux, and Revvit, who is a Rotilian Reptool, must team up with other inhabitants of the world to defend their community and their work from an evil T-Trux named "D-Structs". Dinotrux and other Reptools share a symbiotic relationship with one another. For example, Ty provides Revvit with safety, shelter and security, who in turn fixes and maintains Ty when needed.
|1||10||August 14, 2015|
|2||13||March 11, 2016|
|3||16||October 7, 2016|
|4||7||March 31, 2017|
|5||6||August 18, 2017|
|6||6||November 10, 2017|
|7||7||March 23, 2018|
|8||13||August 3, 2018|
- Ty-Rux (voiced by Andrew Francis) is the leader of the Dinotrux. He is a red Tyrannosaurus Trux — part Tyrannosaurus rex and part excavator — with a wrecking ball for his tail.
- Revvit (voiced by Richard Ian Cox) is a yellow and green Rotilian Reptool — part lizard (resembling a chameleon) and part rotary drill. He is Ty's best friend. His tongue is a tape measure.
- Dozer, Sr. (voiced by Brian Drummond) is a yellow Dozeratops — part Triceratops and part bulldozer. He is described as a "cranky hothead" but a true friend with a big heart.
- Ton-Ton (voiced by Matt Hill) is a blue Ankylodump — part Ankylosaurus and part dump truck. He is described as a daredevil who "is always ready for non-stop action and loves to tear it up".
- Skya (voiced by Ashleigh Ball) is an orange Craneosaur — part brachiosaur and part construction crane. She is described as tough, strong, and sassy.
- Garby (voiced by Trevor Devall) is a green Stegarbasaurus — part Stegosaurus and part garbage truck. He enjoys eating rocks and extracting their ore. He can also shoot spikes like ninja stars.
- Ace (voiced by Cree Summer) is a silver and blue Crescent Wrenchtool – part lizard and part crescent wrench. She is described as very hot-headed.
- Waldo (voiced by Doron Bell Jr.) is a red Pipe Wrenchtool – part lizard and part pipe wrench.
- Click-Clack (voiced by Fred Ewanuick) is an orange Rotilian Reptool — part lizard (resembling a chameleon) and part rotary drill.
- Xee (voiced by Heather Doerksen) is a Crescent Wrenchtool who was originally solitary before joining the group.
- D-Structs (voiced by Paul Dobson) is a white and black-colored Tyrannosaurus Rux — part Tyrannosaurus rex and part megaton excavator He dislikes failures and that Ty has been taking over as the ruler of the crater.
- D-Stroy (voiced by Brian Dobson) is a Carnotaurus Sastroy – part Carnotaurus sastrei and part excavator – and D-Structs's big brother. He is smart and cunning.
- Skrap-It (voiced by Trevor Devall) is a steel colored Scraptool – part lizard and part Leatherman multi-tool. He is forced to work for D-Structs after he promises to salvage Ty after he is defeated.
- George the Monstertrux (voiced by Brian Drummond) is a Dozeratops — part Triceratops and part bulldozer. He has zen-like approach to life.
- Rollodons are Dinotrux who are part road roller and part Hypsilophodon. They are known to roar by shouting out only one word, which is "roll", and afraid of smaller Reptools.
- Splitter (voiced by Richard Ian Cox) is a Sawmetradon — part trencher and part Dimetrodon. He is known to terrorize the Woodland Reptools, cutting down trees and looking for woodland ore.
- Blayde (voiced by Kelly Sheridan) is a black and white Dozeratops — part Triceratops and part bulldozer. She used to be friends with Dozer, until an attack by D-Structs caused her to adopt the motto "Take or be taken.".
- Pounder is a Poundersaurolophus — part pile driver and part Parasaurolophus. Instead of speaking, he communicates by clicking and occasionally pounding the ground. Skya's herd was once attacked by Pounder.
- Big Dread is a Dreadtrux — part dreadnought and part bucket-wheel excavator. She is accordingly a massive Dinotrux larger than any other species ever seen. She hibernates for hundreds of years and wakes up only to feed.
- Dyscrapadons are part airplane and part Dimorphodon. They attack flying Reptools, such as Scrapadactyls.
- Aquadons are part Nautilus Collecting Machine remotely operated underwater vehicle and part Prognathodon.
- Dragonflopters are part micro air vehicle and part dragonfly.
- Scrapadactyls are part airplane and part cearadactyl.
- Scraptors are part Leatherman multi-tool and part raptor.
- Shredadons are part scrap metal shredder and part Troodon.
- Buzz is a green Rotilian Reptool — part lizard (resembling a chameleon) and part rotary drill of the same type as Revvit and Click-Clack.
- Bindy is a silver and blue Crescent Wrenchtool — part lizard and part crescent wrench of the same type as Ace.
- Grouter is a blue Pipe Wrenchtool — part lizard and part pipe wrench of the same type as Waldo.
- Rain Forden, Kajsa (August 3, 2015). "Exclusive Look: DreamWorks 'Dinotrux'". Rotoscopers. Retrieved August 3, 2015.
- "Dinotrux (Season 1)". British Board of Film Classification. August 8, 2015. Retrieved August 14, 2015.
- Netflix (June 13, 2014). "DreamWorks Animation's Action-Packed Dinotrux Barges Onto Netflix As New Original Series For Kids" (Press release). PR Newswire. Retrieved August 3, 2015.
- Milligan, Mercedes (March 11, 2016). "Clips: 'Dinotrux' Season 2 Roars onto Netflix". Animation Magazine. Retrieved August 23, 2016.
- "'Dinotrux' Season 3 First Look: Click-Clack Takes on the Slamtools". The Hollywood Reporter. October 4, 2016. Retrieved February 27, 2017.
- Robinson, Joanna; Lawson, Richard (February 24, 2017). "What's New on Netflix in March". Vanity Fair. Retrieved February 27, 2017.
- Nyren, Erin (July 28, 2017). "What's Coming to Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime in August 2017". Variety. Retrieved July 29, 2017.
- Flemingq, Michael (March 9, 2009). "DreamWorks to drive 'Dinotrux'". Variety. Retrieved August 3, 2015.
- "Dinotrux". Behind The Voice Actors. Retrieved June 13, 2017.
- "Dinotrux – Ty". Dreamworks TV. Retrieved June 13, 2017.
- Dinotrux (July 20, 2015). "What's the best way to describe Ty? Take a T. rex and a megaton excavator, mash them together, and what do you get? A Tyrannosaurus Trux!". Facebook. Retrieved August 4, 2015.
- "Dinotrux – Revvit". Dreamworks TV. Retrieved June 13, 2017.
- "Dinotrux – Dozer". Dreamworks TV. Retrieved June 13, 2017.
- "Dinotrux – Ton-Ton". Dreamworks TV. Retrieved June 13, 2017.
- Dinotrux (July 27, 2015). "Meet Skya! Half brachiosaurus and half mega-ton construction crane, she uses her whip-like tow hook tongue to lift enormous loads and wield heavy objects". Facebook. Retrieved August 4, 2015.
- "Dinotrux – Skya". Dreamworks TV. Retrieved June 13, 2017.
- Dinotrux (August 5, 2015). "Meet Garby! Half stegosaurus and half garbage truck, Garby eats rocks and extracts their ore. During fights, his tail pinches and cuts, his jaw locks like a pitbull, and his spikes can be flung like ninja stars!". Facebook. Retrieved August 6, 2015.
- "Dinotrux – Garby". Dreamworks TV. Retrieved June 13, 2017.
- Hank, Melissa (August 12, 2015). "Dan for Prime Minister? Fred Ewanuick says he'd do great". Canada.com. Retrieved August 23, 2016.
- "Dinotrux – D-Structs". Dreamworks TV. Retrieved June 13, 2017.