From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|Also known as||Dinotrux Supercharged (seasons 6–8)|
|Based on||Dinotrux book series|
by Chris Gall
|Theme music composer||Robert Persaud|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||8|
|No. of episodes||78 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producers||Jeff DeGrandis|
|Running time||23 minutes|
|Production company||DreamWorks Animation Television|
|Release||August 14, 2015 –|
August 3, 2018
Dinotrux is an American animated streaming television series based on Chris Gall's series of books by the same name. It features a fictional prehistoric world inhabited by hybrid characters that are part animal and part mechanical. The larger ones, known as Dinotrux, are dinosaurs combined with trucks. They are accompanied by Reptools, smaller creatures that are part reptile, part tool. The series debuted on August 14, 2015, on Netflix, with the second season following on March 11, 2016, the third on October 7, 2016, the fourth on March 31, 2017, and the fifth on August 18, 2017. Beginning on November 10, 2017, subsequent seasons were released under the title Dinotrux Supercharged, with the second season being released on March 23, 2018, and the third season on August 3, 2018.
A prehistoric world set in the Mechazoic era is populated by hybrid reptile-tools called Reptools and hybrid dinosaur-trucks called Dinotrux. Two best friends, Ty Rux, who is a good Tyrannosaurus Rux, and Revvit, who is a Rotilian Reptool, must team up with other inhabitants of the world to defend their community and their work from an evil T-Trux named "D-Structs". Dinotrux and Reptools share a symbiotic relationship. For example, Ty provides Revvit with safety, shelter, and security, and Revvit in turn fixes and maintains Ty when needed.
- Ty-Rux (voiced by Andrew Francis) is the leader of the Dinotrux. He is a red Tyrannosaurus Trux — half Tyrannosaurus rex and half excavator — with a wrecking ball for his tail.
- Revvit (voiced by Richard Ian Cox) is a yellow and green Rotilian Reptool — half lizard (resembling a chameleon) and half rotary drill. He is Ty's best friend. His tongue is a tape measure.
- Dozer (voiced by Brian Drummond) is a yellow Dozeratops — half Triceratops and half bulldozer. He is described as a "cranky hothead" but a true friend with a big heart.
- Ton-Ton (voiced by Matt Hill) is a blue Ankylodump — half Ankylosaurus and half dump truck. He is described as a daredevil who "is always ready for non-stop action and loves to tear it up".
- Skya (voiced by Ashleigh Ball) is an orange Craneosaur — half Brachiosaurus and half construction crane. She is described as tough, strong, and sassy.
- Garby (voiced by Trevor Devall) is a green Stegarbasaurus — half Stegosaurus and half garbage truck. He enjoys eating rocks and extracting their ore. He can also shoot his back plates like ninja stars.
- Ace (voiced by Cree Summer) is a silver and blue Wrenchtool – half lizard and half crescent wrench. She is described as very hot-headed. Her middle name is "Wingnut".
- Waldo (voiced by Doron Bell Jr.) is a red Pipe Wrenchtool – half lizard and half pipe wrench.
- Click-Clack (voiced by Fred Ewanuick) is an orange Rotilian Reptool — half lizard (resembling a chameleon) and half rotary drill.
- Xee (voiced by Heather Doerksen) is a Crescent Wrenchtool - half lizard (resembling a chameleon) and half crescent wrench. She was originally solitary before joining the group.
- George (voiced by Brian Drummond) is brown Dozeratops — half Triceratops and half bulldozer. He has zen-like approach to life.
- The Tortools are Toolcreatures who are half tortoise and half airbrush/buffer/car jack with paint supplies and sprayers.
- Hex Wrenchtools - half lizard and half hex key - they are a Swedish subspecies of Reptool of which all of its members are named Otto.
- Rollodons are species of Dinotrux who are half road roller and half Centrosaurus. They are known to speak their language by saying only one word, which is "roll", and are known to be afraid of Reptools.
- The Dumps - Drag-O, Wrecka and Scoot - (voiced by Brian Drummond, Ashleigh Ball and Trevor Devall) are a group of three daredevil Ankylodumps — half Ankylosaurus and half dump truck. They used to be Ton-Ton old group until they parted on unknown terms until they reunited.
- Stix (voiced by Eric Bauza) is a green Gluphosaur - half Dilophosaurus and half glue gun.
- Towaconstrictors are Toolcreatures who are half boa constrictor and half tow truck cable. Their tail hooks function similar to rattlesnakes rattles.
- Drillian, Auger, Bore-is and Burrow (voiced by Cree Summer, Eric Bauza and Sam Vincent) are a Drillasaurs - half Nodosaurus and half drill tank with mole-like appearances. They have poor eyesight and are digging diamonds who are then used by them to polish their drills.
- Flynt (voiced by Eric Bauza) is a Hydrodon - half Iguanodon and half fire truck. He once tried to save a herd of Craneosaurs from D-Structs but ended up making things worse, and the experience left him stop doing anything heroic. After that incident he became a loner, but after Ty asked him to help put the fire which ignited next to garage, Flynt ragained his heroic energy.
- Chunk and Crunk (voiced by Vincent Tong and Kyle Rideout) are a pair of yellow Cementasaurs - half Pachycephalosaurus and half cement mixer. They convert rocks that they eat into a cement inside their mixer tanks, and can shoot cement out of their tails. Crunk has slight agorophobia (fear of open spaces).
- Prop-Top, Flapjaw, Navs and Washout (voice by Brenda Crichlow, Vincent Tong and Fred Ewanuick) are a squad of Pteracopters - half Quetzalcoatlus and half helicopter. They have hooks which they can use to attach other Dinotrux and each of them has unique crest who resemblance tail rudders.
- Snowblazer (voiced by Heather Doerksen) is a blue Plowasaur - half Chasmosaurus and half snowplow. She has pet rock named Herb.
- Junktools are Toolcreatures who are half Compsognathus and half pliers. They are nomads who collect scrap, who then is used to build/upgrade their travelling vehicle.
- Dreadtruxes are a species of Dinotrux who are half Dreadnoughtus and half bucket-wheel excavator. They are accordingly a massive Dinotrux larger than any other species ever seen. They hibernate for hundreds of years and wake up only to feed.
- Big Dread is a Dreadtrux — half Dreadnoughtus and half bucket-wheel excavator.
- Lil'Dread is a young Dreadtrux — half Dreadnoughtus and half bucket-wheel excavator — who befriended Ton-Ton.
- Liftasaurs are Dinotrux who are half Corythosaurus and half forklift. They are shown to be stubborn and competitive. There are two known types: blue-crested and yellow-crested. They used to fight with each other until Ty and his friends taught them to work with each other.
- Fryttz (voiced by Jason Mckinnon) is a Hydrodon - half Iguanodon and half fire truck. He used to be bullied by Scraptools until Skya taught him how to be confident.
- Kelper Shellcracker III (voiced by Doron Bell Jr.) is a Jamaican-accented Crabcavator - half crab and half undersea excavator. Due to losing his previous shell to scraptors, he started to hide in his cave and melt down platinum pearls in order to make a new one. Then the Trux meet him and make a new shell for him, with Dozer teaching him that is okay to be scared and admit his fear to others.
- Shredadons are species of Dinotrux who are half Suchomimus and half scrap metal shredder. They are very territorial species of Dinotrux who are feared even by scrap collecting species due to their shredding mechanism.
- Buzz is a green Rotilian Reptool — part lizard (resembling a chameleon) and part rotary drill of the same type as Revvit and Click-Clack.
- Bindy is a silver and blue Crescent Wrench Reptool — part lizard and part crescent wrench of the same type as Ace.
- Grouter is a blue Pipe Wrench Reptool — part lizard and part pipe wrench of the same type as Waldo.
- D-Structs (voiced by Paul Dobson) is a white and black-colored Tyrannosaurus Trux — half Tyrannosaurus rex and half excavator. He dislikes failures and the fact that Ty had come to his crater, and rightfully took it from him.
- Skrap-It (voiced by Trevor Devall) is a steel colored Scraptool – half lizard (resembling a Jackson's chameleon) and half multi-tool. He is D-Structs' henchman after he promises him to salvage Ty after he is defeated.
- Splitter (voiced by Richard Ian Cox) is a Sawmetradon — half trencher and half Dimetrodon. He is known to terrorize the Woodland Reptools, cutting down trees and looking for woodland ore.
- Blayde (voiced by Kelly Sheridan) is a black and white Dozeratops — half Triceratops and half bulldozer. She used to be friends with Dozer, until an attack by D-Structs caused her to adopt the motto "Take or be taken". She is larger than other Dozeratops, has Pentaceratops-like horns and frill, and excavator tail.
- Pounder is a Poundersaurolophus — half pile driver and half Parasaurolophus. Instead of speaking, he communicates by clicking and occasionally pounding the ground. Skya's herd was once attacked by a member of his kind.
- D-Stroy (voiced by Brian Dobson) is another white and black-colored Tyrannosaurus Trux – half Tyrannosaurus rex and half excavator – and D-Structs's older brother. He is smart and cunning, and, unlike Ty and his brother, D-Structs, has a pair of horns on his head like a Carnotaurus and slightly longer arms like a Giganotosaurus.
- Goldtrux (voiced by Michael Dangerfield) is golden covered dark green Stegarbasaurus — half Stegosaurus and half garbage truck. He used to be friends with Garby, until he tasted gold and became addicted to it.
- Scrapadactyls are half junk plane and half Pterodactylus. Some specimens shown to have crests similar to Tupuxuara.
- Stealth Scrapadactyls are black colored Scrapadactyls who have scanner lasers in their eyes.
- Scraptors are half multi-tool and half Velociraptor.
- Desert Scraptors are subspecies of scraptor inhabiting the deserts and canyons. Unlike the main species of scraptors, these scraptors have a pair of horns on their heads like a Carnotaurus.
- Arctic Scraptors are white/silver colored polar variant of their more tropical cousins.
- Shockarachnids are Toolcreatures who are half Mesothelae and half taser.
- Aquadons are aquatic species of Dinotrux who are half submarine and half Mosasaurus. They are very territorial species of Dinotrux who use sliding out shark-like saw-fins on invaders in their territory, and are extremely protective of their sea ore.
- Dyscrapadons are half junk plane and half Dimorphodon.
- Picktools are Reptools who are half lizard and half icepick.
- Slamtools are Reptools who are half lizard and half hammer. They are very aggressive Reptools who specialize in pretending to be friendly only to lash down their target overnight and run off with their ore.
- Dragonflopters are Toolcreatures who are half Meganeura and half helicopter.
- Drillapedes are Toolcreatures who are half Arthropleura and half drill tank. They have poor eyesight due to living underground, and the stronger members of their species are the ones that eat ore first.
- Bitbugs are mechanical creatures who are half fly and half bit.
- Screwsquitoes are Bitbug creatures who are half mosquito and half screw.
- Washer Wasp are Bitbug creatures who are half wasps and half washer piece.
- Grease Bee are Bitbug creatures who are half bees and half grease maker.
- Lightning Bitbugs are Bitbug creatures who are half firefly and half lightbulb.
- Clamp Clams are half clams and half clamps that produce platinum pearls.
- Gearwigs are Toolcreatures who are half earwig/cockroach and half clamp. They attach themselves to the Dinotrux gears in order to eat spare ore at the cost of breaking their engine, and are scared of loud noises.
|1||10||August 14, 2015|
|2||13||March 11, 2016|
|3||16||October 7, 2016|
|4||7||March 31, 2017|
|5||6||August 18, 2017|
|6||6||November 10, 2017|
|7||7||March 23, 2018|
|8||13||August 3, 2018|
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (January 2023)
- Rain Forden, Kajsa (August 3, 2015). "Exclusive Look: DreamWorks 'Dinotrux'". Rotoscopers. Retrieved August 3, 2015.
- "Dinotrux (Season 1)". British Board of Film Classification. August 8, 2015. Retrieved August 14, 2015.
- Netflix (June 13, 2014). "DreamWorks Animation's Action-Packed Dinotrux Barges Onto Netflix As New Original Series For Kids" (Press release). PR Newswire. Retrieved August 3, 2015.
- Milligan, Mercedes (March 11, 2016). "Clips: 'Dinotrux' Season 2 Roars onto Netflix". Animation Magazine. Retrieved August 23, 2016.
- "'Dinotrux' Season 3 First Look: Click-Clack Takes on the Slamtools". The Hollywood Reporter. October 4, 2016. Retrieved February 27, 2017.
- Robinson, Joanna; Lawson, Richard (February 24, 2017). "What's New on Netflix in March". Vanity Fair. Retrieved February 27, 2017.
- Nyren, Erin (July 28, 2017). "What's Coming to Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime in August 2017". Variety. Retrieved July 29, 2017.
- "Dinotrux". Behind The Voice Actors. Retrieved June 13, 2017.
- "Dinotrux – Ty". Dreamworks TV. Retrieved June 13, 2017.
- Dinotrux (July 20, 2015). "What's the best way to describe Ty? Take a T. rex and a megaton excavator, mash them together, and what do you get? A Tyrannosaurus Trux!". Facebook. Retrieved August 4, 2015.
- "Dinotrux – Revvit". Dreamworks TV. Retrieved June 13, 2017.
- "Dinotrux – Dozer". Dreamworks TV. Retrieved June 13, 2017.
- "Dinotrux – Ton-Ton". Dreamworks TV. Retrieved June 13, 2017.
- Dinotrux (July 27, 2015). "Meet Skya! Half brachiosaurus and half mega-ton construction crane, she uses her whip-like tow hook tongue to lift enormous loads and wield heavy objects". Facebook. Retrieved August 4, 2015.
- "Dinotrux – Skya". Dreamworks TV. Retrieved June 13, 2017.
- Dinotrux (August 5, 2015). "Meet Garby! Half stegosaurus and half garbage truck, Garby eats rocks and extracts their ore. During fights, his tail pinches and cuts, his jaw locks like a pitbull, and his plates can be shot out and flung like ninja stars!". Facebook. Retrieved August 6, 2015.
- "Dinotrux – Garby". Dreamworks TV. Retrieved June 13, 2017.
- Hank, Melissa (August 12, 2015). "Dan for Prime Minister? Fred Ewanuick says he'd do great". Canada.com. Archived from the original on October 9, 2015. Retrieved August 23, 2016.
- "Dinotrux – D-Structs". Dreamworks TV. Retrieved June 13, 2017.
- Flemingq, Michael (March 9, 2009). "DreamWorks to drive 'Dinotrux'". Variety. Retrieved August 3, 2015.