From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|Also known as||Dinotrux Supercharged (seasons 6–8)|
|Based on||Dinotrux book series|
by Chris Gall
|Theme music composer||Robert Persaud|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||8|
|No. of episodes||78 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producers||Jeff DeGrandis|
|Running time||23 minutes|
|Production company||DreamWorks Animation Television|
|Distributor||NBCUniversal Television Distribution|
|Original release||August 14, 2015 –|
August 3, 2018
Dinotrux is an American-Canadian computer-animated web series based on Chris Gall's series of books by the same name. It features a fictional prehistoric world inhabited by hybrid characters that are part dinosaur and part mechanical construction vehicle and other machines. The larger Dinotrux are accompanied by Rotilians and other types of Reptools, who are smaller reptiles combined with mechanic's and other kinds of tools. The series debuted on August 14, 2015 on Netflix, with the second season following on March 11, 2016, and the third on October 7, 2016, and the fourth on March 31, 2017, and the fifth on August 18, 2017. Beginning in November 10, 2017, subsequent seasons are released under the title Dinotrux Supercharged, with the second season being released on March 23, 2018, and the third and last season on August 3, 2018.
A prehistoric world, set in the Mechazoic era, is populated by hybrid dinosaur-construction vehicles called Dinotrux, and by hybrid reptile-tools called Reptools. Two best friends, Ty, a good T-Trux, and Revvit, a Reptool, must team up with other inhabitants of the world to defend their community and their work from the evil T-Trux, named D-Structs. Dinotrux and Reptools share a symbiotic relationship with one another. For example, larger Ty provides smaller Revvit with safety, shelter and security, who in turn fixes and maintains Ty when needed.
|1||10||August 14, 2015|
|2||13||March 11, 2016|
|3||16||October 7, 2016|
|4||7||March 31, 2017|
|5||6||August 18, 2017|
|6||6||November 10, 2017|
|7||7||March 23, 2018|
|8||13||August 3, 2018|
- Ty (voiced by Andrew Francis) is the leader of the Dinotrux. He is a red Tyrannosaurus Trux —a mix of a Tyrannosaurus rex and a megaton excavator.
- Revvit (voiced by Richard Ian Cox) is a yellow and green Rotilian Reptool — part lizard and part rotary drill. He is Ty's best friend. His tongue is a tape measure.
- Dozer (voiced by Brian Drummond) is a yellow Dozeratops — part Triceratops and part bulldozer. He is described as a "cranky hothead" but a true friend with a big heart.
- Ton-Ton (voiced by Matt Hill) is a blue Ankylodump — part Ankylosaurus and part dump truck. He is described as a daredevil who "is always ready for non-stop action and loves to tear it up".
- Skya (voiced by Ashleigh Ball) is an orange Craneosaur — part Brachiosaurus and part construction crane. She is described as tough, strong, and sassy.
- Garby (voiced by Trevor Devall) is a green Stegarbasaurus — part Stegosaurus and part garbage truck. He enjoys eating rocks and extracting their ore. He can also shoot spikes like ninja stars.
- Ace (voiced by Cree Summer) is a silver and blue Monkey Wrench Reptool – part lizard and part monkey wrench. She is described as very hot-headed.
- Waldo (voiced by Doron Bell Jr.) is a red Pipe Wrench Reptool – part lizard and part pipe wrench.
- Click-Clack (voiced by Fred Ewanuick) is an orange Rotilian Reptool — part lizard (resembling a chameleon) and part rotary drill.
- Xee (voiced by Heather Doerksen) is a crescent wrenchtool Reptool who was originally solitary before joining the group.
- D-Structs (voiced by Paul Dobson) is a white and black-colored Tyrannosaurus Trux — part Tyrannosaurus and part excavator He dislikes failures and that Ty has been taking over as the ruler of the crater.
- D-Stroy (voiced by Brian Dobson) is D-Structs's big brother. He is smart and cunning.
- Skrap-It (voiced by Trevor Devall) is a steel colored Scraptool – part lizard and part welding torch. He is forced to work for D-Structs after he promises to salvage Ty after he is defeated.
- George (voiced by Brian Drummond) is a Dozeratops who has zen-like approach to life.
- Rollodons are Trux who are part steamroller and part Centrosaurus. Rollodons are known to say one word "roll" and afraid of Reptools.
- Splitter (voiced by Richard Ian Cox) is a Sawmetradon, part Trencher and part Dimetrodon. He is known to terrorize the Woodland Reptools, cutting down trees and looking for woodland ore.
- Blayde (voiced by Kelly Sheridan) is a black and white Dozeratops. She used to be friends with Dozer, until an attack by D-Structs caused her to adopt the motto "Take or be taken".
- The Pounder is a Poundersaurolophus, part pile driver and part Parasaurolophus. Instead of speaking, he communicates by clicking and occasionally pounding the ground. Skya's herd was once attacked by a Pounder.
- The Dreadtrux is part Dreadnoughtus and part bucket-wheel excavator. They are accordingly massive Dinotrux, larger than any other species ever seen. They hibernate for hundreds of years, awakening only to feed.
- Dyscrapadons are part airplane and part Dimorphodon. They attack flying creatures, such as Pteracopters, Scrapadactyls.
- Aquadons are part Seafloor Production Tool Bulk Cutter mining vehicle and part Mosasaurus.
- Dragonflopters are part VTOL helicopter and part dragonfly.
- Scrapadactyls are part Tweezer and part Pterodactyl.
- Scraptors are part Tweezer and part Velociraptor.
- Buzz is a green Rotiliian Reptool - part lizard and part rotary drill.
- Bindy is a silver and blue Monkey Wrench Reptool - part lizard and part monkey wrench of the same type as Ace.
- Grouter is a blue Pipe Wrench Reptool - part lizard and part pipe wrench of the same type as Waldo.
- Rain Forden, Kajsa (August 3, 2015). "Exclusive Look: DreamWorks 'Dinotrux'". Rotoscopers. Retrieved August 3, 2015.
- "Dinotrux (Season 1)". British Board of Film Classification. August 8, 2015. Retrieved August 14, 2015.
- Netflix (June 13, 2014). "DreamWorks Animation's Action-Packed Dinotrux Barges Onto Netflix As New Original Series For Kids" (Press release). PR Newswire. Retrieved August 3, 2015.
- Milligan, Mercedes (March 11, 2016). "Clips: 'Dinotrux' Season 2 Roars onto Netflix". Animation Magazine. Retrieved August 23, 2016.
- "'Dinotrux' Season 3 First Look: Click-Clack Takes on the Slamtools". The Hollywood Reporter. October 4, 2016. Retrieved February 27, 2017.
- Robinson, Joanna; Lawson, Richard (February 24, 2017). "What's New on Netflix in March". Vanity Fair. Retrieved February 27, 2017.
- Nyren, Erin (July 28, 2017). "What's Coming to Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime in August 2017". Variety. Retrieved July 29, 2017.
- Flemingq, Michael (March 9, 2009). "DreamWorks to drive 'Dinotrux'". Variety. Retrieved August 3, 2015.
- "Dinotrux". Behind The Voice Actors. Retrieved June 13, 2017.
- "Dinotrux – Ty". Dreamworks TV. Retrieved June 13, 2017.
- Dinotrux (July 20, 2015). "What's the best way to describe Ty? Take a T. rex and a megaton excavator, mash them together, and what do you get? A Tyrannosaurus Trux!". Facebook. Retrieved August 4, 2015.
- "Dinotrux – Revvit". Dreamworks TV. Retrieved June 13, 2017.
- "Dinotrux – Dozer". Dreamworks TV. Retrieved June 13, 2017.
- "Dinotrux – Ton-Ton". Dreamworks TV. Retrieved June 13, 2017.
- Dinotrux (July 27, 2015). "Meet Skya! Half brachiosaurus and half mega-ton construction crane, she uses her whip-like tow hook tongue to lift enormous loads and wield heavy objects". Facebook. Retrieved August 4, 2015.
- "Dinotrux – Skya". Dreamworks TV. Retrieved June 13, 2017.
- Dinotrux (August 5, 2015). "Meet Garby! Half stegosaurus and half garbage truck, Garby eats rocks and extracts their ore. During fights, his tail pinches and cuts, his jaw locks like a pitbull, and his spikes can be flung like ninja stars!". Facebook. Retrieved August 6, 2015.
- "Dinotrux – Garby". Dreamworks TV. Retrieved June 13, 2017.
- Hank, Melissa (August 12, 2015). "Dan for Prime Minister? Fred Ewanuick says he'd do great". Canada.com. Retrieved August 23, 2016.
- "Dinotrux – D-Structs". Dreamworks TV. Retrieved June 13, 2017.