From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|Revised Hepburn||Ame o Tsugeru Hyōryū Danchi|
|Directed by||Hiroyasu Ishida|
|Produced by||Koji Yamamoto|
|Edited by||Ryota Kinami|
|Music by||Umitarō Abe|
Drifting Home (Japanese: 雨を告げる漂流団地, Hepburn: Ame o Tsugeru Hyōryū Danchi) is a 2022 Japanese animated coming-of-age fantasy adventure comedy-drama film co-written and directed by Hiroyasu Ishida. Produced by Studio Colorido, the film was released simultaneously in Japanese theaters and on Netflix on September 16, 2022.
Kosuke Kumagaya and Natsume Tonai, both 11 years old, are childhood friends who grew up like siblings. The relationship between the two began to be strained after the death of Kosuke's grandfather, Yasuji. One day during the summer vacation, Kosuke and his classmates, Taishi, Yuzuru, Reina, and Juri, sneak into the "ghost housing complex" that has been slated for demolition. The housing complex was also a house full of memories where Kosuke and Natsume grew up. Kosuke unexpectedly encounters Natsume there and hears about the existence of a mysterious boy named Noppo in the complex. The group argues and heavy rain ensues. After the rain had stopped, the housing complex was suddenly drifting in the middle of the ocean.
|Character||Japanese voice||English voice|
|Natsume Tonai||Asami Seto||Cassandra Lee Morris|
|Kosuke Kumagaya||Mutsumi Tamura||Bryce Papenbrook|
|Noppo||Ayumu Murase||Elliot Fletcher|
|Taishi Koiwai||Yumiko Kobayashi||Alex Cazares|
|Yuzuru Tachibana||Daiki Yamashita||Benjamin Diskin|
|Reina Haba||Inori Minase||Abby Trott|
|Juri Ando||Kana Hanazawa||Cherami Leigh|
|Satoko Tonai||Nana Mizuki|
|Yasuji Kumagaya||Bin Shimada||John DiMaggio|
|Ferris Wheel Spirit||Aya Endō||Kari Wahlgren|
|Yasuko Kumagaya||Rikako Aikawa|
|Yuta Kumagaya||Masaaki Ihara|
Production and release
The film was first announced by Netflix in September 2021. It was announced to be produced by Studio Colorido and directed by Hiroyasu Ishida, with scripts by Ishida, as well as Hayashi Mori and Minaka Sakamoto. Akihiro Nagae designed the characters and Umitarō Abe composed the music. Zutomayo performed the film's theme song, "Kieteshimai Sō Desu" (It Seems I'm Fading Away), as well as the insert song "Natsugare" (Summer Slump). The film was released on September 16, 2022, on Netflix and in Japanese theaters.
- Hodgkins, Crystalyn (April 25, 2022). "Drifting Home Anime Film's 2nd Teaser Video Reveals September 16 Debut on Netflix". Anime News Network. Retrieved April 25, 2022.
- Pineda, Rafael (June 3, 2022). "Drifting Home Anime Film's 3rd Teaser Video Reveals More Cast". Anime News Network. Retrieved June 3, 2022.
- "Drifting Home (movie) - Anime News Network". Anime News Network. Retrieved September 18, 2022.
- Hodgkins, Crystalyn (September 25, 2021). "Studio Colorido Reveals Drifting Home Anime Film Debuting on Netflix in 2022". Anime News Network. Retrieved September 25, 2021.
- Pineda, Rafael (July 13, 2022). "Drifting Home Anime Film's Trailer Previews Zutomayo's Theme Song". Anime News Network. Retrieved July 13, 2022.
- Hodgkins, Crystalyn (April 16, 2022). "Drifting Home Anime Film's New Promo Video Previews Zutomayo's Insert Song". Anime News Network. Retrieved April 16, 2022.
- "Drifting Home". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved September 29, 2022.