From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
This article needs attention from an expert in television. The specific problem is: lacks some basics, such as overall (or episode-level) plot summary, reception / critical response.(February 2021)
|Created by||Sarah Phelps|
|Based on||In the Woods & The Likeness|
by Tana French
|Screenplay by||Sarah Phelps|
|Country of origin||Ireland|
|No. of series||1|
|No. of episodes||8|
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Original release||14 October 2019 –|
Dublin Murders is a crime drama television series created by Sarah Phelps. It is based on the Dublin Murder Squad books by Tana French, commissioned by the BBC for BBC One and Starz, with RTÉ later joining the project. The first series, consisting of eight episodes, is adapted from In the Woods (2007) and The Likeness (2008).
Broadcast began on BBC One on 14 October 2019, on RTÉ One on 16 October 2019, and on Starz on 10 November 2019. The series ended in the UK with episode 8, broadcast on November 5, 2019, watched by 4.58 million UK viewers. In January 2020 it was reported that Starz is in talks for a second series.
- Killian Scott as Rob Reilly
- Sarah Greene as Cassie Maddox
- Michael D'Arcy as Adam Reilly
- Tom Vaughan-Lawlor as Frank Mackey
- Eugene O'Hare as (Det.) Quigley
- Moe Dunford as Sam O'Neill
- Ellie O'Halloran as Jamie Rowan
- Niall Jordan as Peter Savage
- Ian Kenny as (Gda.) Phelan
- Conleth Hill as (Superintendent) O'Kelly
- Peter McDonald as Jonathan Devlin
- Amy Macken as Katy and Jessica Devlin
- Leah McNamara as Rosalind Devlin
- Jonny Holden as Damien Donnelly
- Sam Keeley as Daniel March
- Antonio Aakeel as Raphael "Rafe" Hyland
- Charlie Kelly as Justin Mannering
- Vanessa Emme as Abigail "Abby" Stone
- Alexandra Moen as Simone Cameron
- Kathy Monahan as Margaret Devlin
- Ericka Roe as Alannah Shorey
- Florence Ordesh as Mel Royce
- Ned Dennehy as pathologist
Dublin Murders was commissioned by British public service broadcaster BBC for BBC One, and Starz, with Irish public service broadcaster RTÉ later joining the project. Produced by Euston Films, a part of the Fremantle Media group, FremantleMedia International handles international rights. Sarah Phelps wrote the screenplay which is based on In the Woods and The Likeness, two books written by Tana French. Carmel Maloney produced the series. Sarah Phelps, Kate Harwood, Noemi Spanos, Ed Guiney, Alan Gasmer, Peter Jaysen, Elizabeth Kilgariff, Saul Dibb and Tommy Bulfin are executive producers.
|No.||Episode||Directed by ||Written by ||Original UK air date ||Original US air date ||UK viewers|
|1||Episode 1||Saul Dibb||Sarah Phelps||14 October 2019||10 November 2019||6.01|
|2||Episode 2||Saul Dibb||Sarah Phelps||15 October 2019||17 November 2019||5.01|
|3||Episode 3||John Hayes||Sarah Phelps||21 October 2019||24 November 2019||4.74|
|4||Episode 4||John Hayes||Sarah Phelps||22 October 2019||1 December 2019||N/A (<4.59)[a]|
|5||Episode 5||Rebecca Gatward||Sarah Phelps||28 October 2019||8 December 2019||N/A (<4.72)[a]|
|6||Episode 6||Rebecca Gatward||Chandni Lakhani||29 October 2019||15 December 2019||N/A (<4.72)[a]|
|7||Episode 7||John Hayes||Sarah Phelps||4 November 2019||22 December 2019||4.63|
|8||Episode 8||John Hayes||Sarah Phelps||5 November 2019||29 December 2019||4.58|
The series consists of eight episodes, and was also acquired by Starz for airing in the US and Canada, while StarzPlay holds broadcasting rights for Germany, France, Italy, Spain and Brazil. Dublin Murders debuted on BBC One on 14 October 2019, on RTÉ One on 16 October 2019, and on Starz on 10 November 2019.
- Not reported in the weekly top 15 programmes for four-screen viewer ratings.
- "BBC - BBC One announces The Dublin Murders". BBC Media Centre.
- "Dublin Murders". Euston Films (Fremantle). Retrieved 26 August 2019.
- "BBC - Killian Scott and Sarah Greene lead Dublin Murders - Media Centre". BBC.
- "Irish stars out to solve Dublin Murders in new series". RTÉ. 4 December 2018.
- "Dublin Murders - Euston Films". eustonfilms.tv.
- "Wave of murders to hit Dublin as BBC films new cop drama". Independent.ie.
- "Dublin Murders – Crew". Starz. Retrieved 26 September 2019.
- Griffiths, Eleanor Bley (2 October 2019). "When is Dublin Murders on TV? Who is in the cast – and what is it about?". Radio Times. Retrieved 8 October 2019.
- "Dublin Murders – Listings". The Futon Critic.
- "Four-screen dashboard". Broadcasters' Audience Research Board.
- Ramos, Dino-Ray (3 December 2018). "Starz Acquires Crime Drama Dublin Murders".
- "Tom Vaughan-Lawlor 'jumped' at Dublin Murders role". RTÉ. 3 October 2019. Retrieved 8 October 2019.
- "Video: Starz Announces Premiere Date for Original Series "Dublin Murders" on November 10th with Official Trailer and Key Art". The Futon Critic. 10 September 2019.