El Dandy (TV series)
From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|Based on||Donnie Brasco|
by Mike Newell
|Creative director||Ana Magis|
|Country of origin||Mexico|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||70|
|Original network||TNT Series|
|Picture format||HDTV 1080i|
|Audio format||Stereophonic sound|
|Original release||October 26, 2015 –|
March 9, 2016
The series is written by Larissa Andrade and Rodrigo Ordoñez, and directed by Chava Cartas and Mauricio Cruz. Daniel Ucros and Gabriela Valentan are the Executive producers.
Inspired by the 1997 American drama Donnie Brasco, El Dandy tells the story of a law professor who has been hired by the Attorney General, to participate in a program of special operations, where he must infiltrate one of the most notorious drug cartels of Mexico City. Under the false name Daniel "El Dandy" Bracho (Alfonso Herrera), he begins the task of identifying all the members of this clandestine network. However, he quickly finds that his acute ability to police work is only comparable with the exciting sense of danger that experiences living life to the fullest. Along the way, it avails itself of the help of a criminal's petty, loyal, even corrupt, ally called El Chueco (Damián Alcázar), who quickly befriends Bracho and comes dangerously close to discover his true identity. Much deeper, Bracho is involved in the mafia, more work tells him to get out, and the professor, once incorruptible, has to choose between returning to a normal life as a respectable citizen or fully embrace his criminal life.
- Alfonso Herrera as Daniel "El Dandy" Bracho / José "Pepe" Montaño
- Damián Alcázar as Juan Antonio Ramírez / El Chueco
- Gabriela Roel as María Luisa
- Itahisa Machado as Leticia Albarrán
- Aleyda Gallardo as Fidela
- Danny Perea as Dr. Itzel / Noemí
- Francisco Pakey as El Esquimal
- Fátima Molina as Deyanira
- Héctor Holten as Procurador
- Carlos Valencia as Díaz
- Amorita Rasgado as Amaranta
- Aketza López as Jorge
- Elba Jiménez as Marcela
- Alejandro de Marino as Carlos Galindo / El Menonita
- Jerónimo Fernández as unknown
- Julia Urbini as Emilia
- Roberto Carlo as Jacques Jr.
- Alejandro Speitzer as Serch
- Oliver Avendaño as Richi Díaz
- Luis de Alba as Ecadio
- Claudio Roca as Diego Durand
- Ana Laverde as Primavera
- Dagoberto Gama as José Luis Zamacona / El Negro
- Hernán Mendoza as La Güera
- Daniel Martínez as Filiberto Ortega
- Christian Vazquez as Toño
The series airs worldwide on TNT Series. The series premiered on October 26, 2015, in Latin America. The series premieres on TNT on October 30, 2015, and where will summarize weekly every Friday.
- Marie Palma F. "El Dandy, nueva serie de Alfonso "Poncho" Herrera y Damián Alcázar". starMedia (in Spanish). Retrieved March 15, 2015.
- Javier Poza. "Damián Alcázar y Poncho Herrera protagonizarán serie "El Dandy"" (in Spanish). Grupo Fórmula. Archived from the original on April 2, 2015. Retrieved March 16, 2015.
- "El Dandy, serie de Televisa y Sony basada en la película "Donnie Brasco"". dechismes.com (in Spanish). Retrieved March 15, 2015.
- "Fotos de Alfonso Herrera en la serie El Dandy". poprockland.com (in Spanish). Archived from the original on April 2, 2015. Retrieved March 15, 2015.
- "Entablan mancuerna Alcázar y De Alba con la serie "El Dandy"". poprockland.com (in Spanish). Retrieved March 15, 2015.
- "Roberto Carlo, el galán que viene decidido a conquistar Mame". TVNotas (in Spanish). Retrieved April 28, 2015.
- Salvador Franco Reyes. "Promesas 2015, jóvenes pero no improvisados". Excelsior (in Spanish). Retrieved May 26, 2015.
- César Huerta Ortiz. "Un dandy del narco en Ciudad de México". El Universal (in Spanish). Retrieved March 16, 2015.
- "TNT Series estrena "El Dandy" en exclusiva para América Latina". hijos-del-atomo.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 16 October 2015.
- Alvarado, Ana María. "El Circo de los Horrores no da miedo". 24-horas.mx (in Spanish). Retrieved 16 October 2015.
- Cisneros, Claudia. "Alistan el estreno de El Dandy, por TNT Series". intoleranciadiario.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 20 October 2015.
- John Hecht. "Sony TV Producing 'Donnie Brasco'-Inspired Gangster Series 'El Dandy'" (in Spanish). hollywoodreporter.com. Retrieved March 28, 2015.