From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|Alma mater||University of Padua|
|Known for||Mirror neurons|
|Awards||Golgi Prize for Physiology|
George Miller Award
Feltrinelli Prize for Medicine (2000)
Herlitzka Prize for Physiology
Brain Prize for Neurosciences
|Institutions||University of Parma|
|Academic advisors||Giuseppe Moruzzi|
Giacomo Rizzolatti (born 28 April 1937) is an Italian neurophysiologist who works at the University of Parma. Born in Kyiv, UkSSR, he is the Senior Scientist of the research team that discovered mirror neurons in the frontal and parietal cortex of the macaque monkey, and has written many scientific articles on the topic. He also proposed the premotor theory of attention. He is a past president of the European Brain and Behaviour Society. Rizzolatti was the 2007 co-recipient, with Leonardo Fogassi and Vittorio Gallese, for the University of Louisville Grawemeyer Award for Psychology. He is an elected member of the Academia Europaea, National Academy of Sciences, and Royal Society In 2020 he adheres to Empathism.
- 2011 Prince of Asturias Award for Technical and Scientific Research.
These are listed on the right side of the Wikipedia page:
- Golgi Prize for Physiology
- George Miller Award
- Feltrinelli Prize for Medicine
- Herlitzka Prize for Physiology
- Nelissen, Koen; Luppino, Giuseppe; Vanduffel, Wim; Rizzolatti, Giacomo; Orban, Guy A. (2005). "Observing Others: Multiple Action Representation in the Frontal Lobe". Science. 310 (5746): 332–336. Bibcode:2005Sci...310..332N. doi:10.1126/science.1115593. PMID 16224029. S2CID 18812275.
- Rizzolatti, Giacomo; Sinigaglia, Corrado (2008). Mirrors In The Brain: How Our Minds Share Actions and Emotions. New York: Oxford University Press. ISBN 978-0-19-921798-4.
- "Professor Giacomo Rizzolatti, Universita Degli Studi Di Parma Department of Neuroscience". Archived from the original on 2018-06-27. Retrieved 2016-05-14.
- Rizzolatti, Giacomo; Riggio, Lucia; Dascola, Isabella; Umiltá, Carlo (1987-01-01). "Reorienting attention across the horizontal and vertical meridians: Evidence in favor of a premotor theory of attention". Neuropsychologia. 25 (1, Part 1): 31–40. doi:10.1016/0028-3932(87)90041-8. ISSN 0028-3932. PMID 3574648. S2CID 16353514.
- "2007 - Giacomo Rizzolatti, Vittorio Gallese and Leonardo Fogassi. The old saying "monkey see, monkey do" also applies to human behavior, say a trio of Italian scientists who earned the 2007 University of Louisville Grawemeyer Award for Psychology". November 29, 2006. Archived from the original on 2012-11-07.
- "Academy of Europe: Rizzolatti Giacomo". www.ae-info.org.
- "Giacomo Rizzolatti". www.nasonline.org.
- "EMPATISMO / SCUOLA EMPATICA: MOVIMENTO LETTERARIO-ARTISTICO-FILOSOFICO E CULTURALE SORTO IN ITALIA NEL 2020". RISCONTRI. February 22, 2021.
- Media related to Giacomo Rizzolatti at Wikimedia Commons