From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|Directed by||Gabriel Serra|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||3|
|Executive producers||John Skipper|
|Running time||54 mins|
|Production companies||Meadowlark Media|
Prime Video Sports
|Original network||Amazon Prime Video|
|Original release||November 24 –|
December 1, 2022
Good Rivals (originally titled as Good Neighbors) is an upcoming three-part sports docuseries exploring the unique and intense rivalry between the Mexican and American national men's soccer teams. Produced by Meadowlark Media in association with Ocellated Media, the series is distributed by Prime Video Sports and Skydance Sports. It premiered on Prime Video on November 24, 2022.
The docuseries explores the social, political and sporting layers of the rivalry between the United States and Mexico men's national soccer teams, going back to the US's 24-game losing streak to Mexico from 1937 to 1980. Featuring interviews with players including Landon Donovan and Rafa Márquez, it spotlights recruiting battles between the two countries, and the US's victory over Mexico in the 2002 World Cup after years of Mexico dominating the rivalry.
|No.||Pos||Nation||Name||Age||Date signed||Signed from|
|No.||Title||Featured matches||Original release date|
|1||"A Rivalry is Born"||TBA||24 November 2022|
|2||"Fresh Stars and Old Curses"||TBA||24 November 2022|
|3||"A New Frontier"||TBA||1 December 2022|
In January 2022, Skydance Sports sets up a partnership with Meadowlark Media for the production of unscripted sports content. One of their projects was reported to be a soccer documentary series called Good Neighbors, a three-part series coming on Amazon Prime Video around the 2022 FIFA World Cup. Following the release announcement of the series, the title was changed to Good Rivals. It is directed by Nicaraguan filmmaker Gabriel Serra.
The official trailer was released on November 3, 2022. The first two episodes premiere on Prime Video on November 24, 2022, and the final episode premieres on December 1, 2022. Episodes will be available in both English and Spanish.
- White, Peter (11 August 2022). "Soccer Docuseries About Rivalry Between Mexico & America Kicks Off At Amazon". Deadline. Retrieved 4 November 2022.
- Villei, Matt (3 November 2022). "'Good Rivals' Trailer Charts the U.S.-Mexico Rivalry in Men's Soccer". Collider. Retrieved 4 November 2022.
- Koster, Kyle (3 November 2022). "Here's the Trailer for 'Good Rivals', Amazon's Docuseries on Two Soccer Enemies". The Big Lead. Retrieved 4 November 2022.
- Seitz, Loree (3 November 2022). "Prime Video Docuseries Investigates Social and Political Roots of Mexican and American Soccer Rivalry". The Wrap. Retrieved 4 November 2022.
- Grobar, Matt (20 January 2022). "Skydance Sports & Meadowlark Media Strike Co-Production Agreement, Set Docs On U.S.-Mexico Soccer Rivalry & WNBA Legend Diana Taurasi As First Projects". Deadline. Retrieved 4 November 2022.