From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
Gordon H. Orians
|Born||July 10, 1932|
|Alma mater||University of California, Berkeley|
|Thesis||The Ecology of Social Systems in the Red-winged Blackbird (Agelaius Phoeniceus) and the Tricolored Blackbird (A. Tricolor) (1960)|
|Doctoral advisor||Frank Pitelka|
|Doctoral students||Eric Charnov|
Gordon Howell Orians (born July 10, 1932) is an American ornithologist and ecologist. He was the 1999 recipient of the Cooper Ornithological Society’s Loye and Alden Miller Research Award, which is given in recognition of lifetime achievement in ornithological research. He received the Eminent Ecologist Award from the Ecological Society of America in 1998.
- "Curriculum Vitae" (PDF). ecosystemsentinels.org.
- COS: Miller Awards Archived 2007-08-14 at the Wayback Machine
- "Awards". Bulletin of the Ecological Society of America. 80: 16–22. 1999. doi:10.1890/0012-9623(1999)080[0016:A]2.0.CO;2.
- "Gordon Orians". Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences. Archived from the original on 13 February 2016. Retrieved 13 February 2016.
- "ESA Fellows". Ecological Society of America. Retrieved 7 April 2018.