I Need You (Tim McGraw and Faith Hill song)
From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|"I Need You"|
|Single by Tim McGraw and Faith Hill|
|from the album Let It Go|
|Released||April 23, 2007|
|Tim McGraw singles chronology|
|Faith Hill singles chronology|
"I Need You" is a song written by David Lee and Tony Lane, and recorded by American country music artist Tim McGraw and his wife, Faith Hill as a duet. It was released in April 2007 as the second single from the album, Let It Go. The song peaked at number 8 on the country charts in August 2007, partly due to competition with individual singles from Hill and McGraw ("Lost" and "If You're Reading This", respectively).
The duet was nominated twice at the 2008 Grammy Awards for Best Country Collaboration with Vocals and Best Country Song.
The song is a ballad, in which the two lovers describe what their love means to each other. They both state their need for each other.
The music video, which features an acoustic version of this song, was directed and produced by Sherman Halsey, and premiered on CMT on June 12, 2007.
"I Need You" debuted at number 48 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs for the week of April 14, 2007.
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||8|
|US Billboard Hot 100||50|
|US Billboard Pop 100||64|
|Canada Country (Billboard)||4|
|Canada (Canadian Hot 100)||75|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||45|
|United States (RIAA)||Platinum||1,000,000‡|
‡ Sales+streaming figures based on certification alone.
- Billboard, March 31, 2007
- "Tim McGraw Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard.
- "Tim McGraw Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Tim McGraw Chart History (Canada Country)". Billboard.
- "Tim McGraw Chart History (Canadian Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Best of 2007: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2007. Retrieved July 11, 2012.
- "American single certifications – Tim McGraw – I Need You". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved August 12, 2022.