It Matters to Me (song)
From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|"It Matters to Me"|
|Single by Faith Hill|
|from the album It Matters to Me|
|B-side||"Keep Walkin' On"|
|Released||November 14, 1995|
|Label||Warner Bros. Nashville|
|Songwriter(s)||Ed Hill, Mark D. Sanders|
|Producer(s)||Scott Hendricks, Faith Hill|
|Faith Hill singles chronology|
"It Matters to Me" is a song written by Ed Hill and Mark D. Sanders and recorded by American country music artist Faith Hill. It was released in November 1995 as the second single and title track from Hill’s second album of the same name (1995). It was her third number one on the Billboard country charts as well as her first entry to the Hot 100.
Wendy Newcomer from Cash Box wrote, "Though she initially patterned herself vocally after heroes like Reba McEntire, Faith Hill seems to be coming into her own style. “It Matters To Me” is a top-notch second single from Hill's sophomore album. Hill has always found her highest chart positions with uptempo songs, but the strength of her performance on this song may secure success with a ballad as well."
The song's accompanying music video was directed by photographer Randee St. Nicholas.
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). The Billboard Book Of Top 40 Country Hits: 1944-2006, Second edition. Record Research. p. 158.
- Newcomer, Wendy (November 4, 1995). "Country Music" (PDF). Cash Box. p. 23. Retrieved November 10, 2022.
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 2875." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. February 5, 1996. Retrieved July 20, 2013.
- "Faith Hill Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Faith Hill Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard.
- "Billboard Top Country Singles Sales" (PDF). Billboard. Retrieved 16 October 2023.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1996". RPM. December 16, 1996. Retrieved July 20, 2013.
- "Best of 1996: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1996. Retrieved July 20, 2013.