Murder Mountain (TV series)
From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|Directed by||Joshua Zeman|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||6 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||42 minutes|
|Distributor||Fusion TV and Netflix|
|Original network||Fusion TV and Netflix|
|First shown in||Fusion TV|
|Original release||December 28, 2018|
Murder Mountain, originally marketed as 'Murder Mountain: Welcome to Humboldt County,' is an American true crime documentary television series that premiered on Fusion TV on September 23, 2018. Netflix picked up the series and it premiered on the platform on December 28, 2018. The show covers an area of Northern California's Humboldt County, including the local marijuana industry, and multiple disappearances and murders that have occurred in the surrounding mountain range. Much of the show follows the case of 29-year-old Garret Rodriguez, a cannabis grower who was found murdered in the region in 2013.
|No.||Title||Original air date|
|1||"The Redwood Curtain"||September 23, 2018|
|2||"Paradise Lost"||September 30, 2018|
|3||"Frontier Justice"||October 7, 2018|
|4||"The Alderpoint 8"||October 14, 2018|
|5||"Breaking Point"||October 21, 2018|
|6||"The Last Outlaws"||October 28, 2018|
Murder Mountain has received mostly positive reviews. Writing for The Daily Beast, Melissa Leon said that though it is "not the next Making a Murderer ... Murder Mountain is an eye-opening watch". Lea Palmieri of Decider wrote, "if a weed farm and several unexplained missing persons doesn't add up to a compelling binge-watch, then nothing does".
Officials in the Humboldt County area criticized the series and expressed worry over the potential long-term effects on local tourism and economic development. The Humboldt County Sheriff's Office questioned the accuracy of the series, calling it "one side of a highly sensationalized story".
- Alderpoint, California
- Michael Bear Carson and Suzan Carson
- Emerald Triangle
- Sasquatch (TV series)
- Sequoia County, California
- Davies, Alex (2019-01-03). "Murder Mountain season 2 Netflix release date: Will there be another series?". Express.co.uk. Retrieved 2019-01-04.
- Clarke, Stewart (November 21, 2018). "Netflix Takes a Trip to 'Murder Mountain' in True Crime Series From Lightbox". Variety. Retrieved 2019-01-04.
- O'Keeffe, Jack. "Netflix's New True Crime Series Will Make You Reconsider Where You Get Your Weed". Bustle. Retrieved 2019-01-04.
- Ard.com | (2018-12-30). "Editor's note: Some thoughts on 'Murder Mountain'". Times-Standard. Retrieved 2019-01-04.
- Leon, Melissa (2019-01-01). "Netflix's 'Murder Mountain': Where Marijuana Can Kill". The Daily Beast. Retrieved 2019-01-04.
- "'Murder Mountain' on Netflix: Everything to Know About 2019's First Hit Crime Series". Decider. 2019-01-02. Retrieved 2019-01-04.
- Reyes-Velarde, Alejandra (January 9, 2019). "Humboldt County Sheriff's Office blasts Netflix over 'Murder Mountain' series". Los Angeles Times.
- Mukherjee, Shomik (March 20, 2019). "'How to respond to Netflix's 'Murder Mountain?' Humboldt County officials grapple with the question". Mercury News.