News at 6:30
From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2020)
|News at 6:30|
|Genre||News, Weather, Sport|
|Created by||TVB News|
|Country of origin||Hong Kong|
|Production location||Hong Kong|
|Running time||25 minutes(weekends) 1 hour(weekdays)|
|Original network||TVB Jade|
|Picture format||16:9 1080i (HDTV)|
|Original release||19 November 1967 –|
|Followed by||Weather Report|
|Related shows||News at Seven-Thirty|
News at 6:30 (Chinese: 六點半新聞報道), is the evening national news programme broadcast Monday to Sunday at 18:30 in Hong Kong by television channel TVB Jade. This programme first aired on TVB Jade on 19 November 1967, with the broadcasting time of 18:30. News at 6:30 can also be watched for free on TVB News' website.
News at 6:30 has aired in high definition every day since 18 March 2013. The HD Jade channel aired an extra bulletin, News at 7 instead of News at 6:30 from 2009 to 2015. The bulletin is simulcast on both SD and HD versions of Jade on Saturday and Sunday.
TVB News axes the sports bulletin on the weekday version of News at 6:30 since 3 May 2010.
News at 6:30 usually broadcasts for approximately an hour on weeknights and 25 minutes on weekends, followed later by Weather Report. On special occasions such as the Handover of Hong Kong, opening of the Hong Kong International Airport, Jiji earthquake, 11 September 2001 and 2008 Sichuan earthquake the show was extended to one hour.
- "197x TVB News Theme" (197x to 4 December 1983)
- "TVB First Generation Music," (5 December 1983 to 30 June 1990)
- "TVB Second Generation Music," (1 July 1990 to 8 July 1995)
- "TVB Third Generation Music," (9 July 1995 to present)
Different news presenters are appear on the show each day. The combination is usually one man and one woman.
- Stanley So, Keith Yuen, Leung Ka-Wing, Chung-Ming Chui, Claudia Mo, Anite Yip, Kit-Ching Ho, Carmen Luk, Eric Chau, Li-Chan Wing, Hing-Chau Wong, Ivan Yau, Lee Man Jing, Mimi Yeung, Leung Kit Ngo, Lee Shui Bing, Jo Ngai, Peri Chow, Bonnie Chiu, Wong Shuk Ming, Shuk-Fong Teng, Oscar Lee, Winnie Chui, Sharon Ng, Alison Chiu, Ella Ng, Ruby Lam, Raymond Yi, Ng Fong Wing, Lau Yun-Ching, Kwok Chi Long, Mei Ling Sze, Akina Fong, Kaman Lee, Jordi Lau, Elsa Kwok, Kendrew Wong, Wing-ki Kwok, Hui Fong Fai, Julia Poon, Venus Chow, Vincent Ng, Andrew Lau, Tiffani Lau, Yyonne Law, Jordi Lau, Fung Kin-Shing, Karen Cheng, Kenneth Ng, Christy Naam, Connie Lee, Wendy Cheung, Maggie Leung