From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
Nicole Yorkin is an American television writer and producer. She is the daughter of Bud Yorkin. In 1997, she shared an Emmy Award nomination with several producers of Chicago Hope in the category "Outstanding Drama Series". In 2003, she and her partner Dawn Prestwich won a Writers Guild of America (WGA) award for the pilot episode of the episodic drama The Education of Max Bickford.
In 2009, Prestwich and Yorkin joined the crew of new ABC science fiction drama FlashForward as consulting producers and writers. The series was co-created by David S. Goyer and Brannon Braga. The show follows a team of FBI agents investigating a global blackout that gave victims a vision of their future. Prestwich and Yorkin co-wrote the teleplay for the episode "Gimme Some Truth" based on a story by Barbara Nance. They also co-wrote the episodes "Believe" and "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road".
She co-created the period drama Z: The Beginning of Everything with Prestwich in 2015.
In 2019, Yorkin was on the negotiating committee for the "WGA-Agency Agreement", and joined other WGA members in firing her agents as part of the guild's stand against the ATA after the two sides were unable to come to an agreement on a new "Code of Conduct" that addressed the unfair practice of packaging.
- Melrose Place (1993) - writer
- Judging Amy (1999–2001) - writer and co-executive producer
- Carnivàle (2003–2005) - writer and co-executive producer
- Battlestar Galactica (2005) - writer
- Brotherhood (2006) - writer and co-executive producer
- The Riches (2007–2008) - writer and co-executive producer
- FlashForward (2009–2010) - writer and consulting producer
- The Killing (2011–2014) - writer and executive producer
- Z: The Beginning of Everything (2015–2017) - creator, writer and co-executive producer
- Bobby Roth (director), Dawn Prestwich & Nicole Yorkin (teleplay), Barbara Nance (story) (2009-10-22). "Gimme Some Truth". FlashForward. Season 1. Episode 5. ABC.
- Michael Nankin (director), Dawn Prestwich & Nicole Yorkin (writers) (2009-11-19). "Believe". FlashForward. Season 1. Episode 9. ABC.
- Nick Gomez (director), Dawn Prestwich & Nicole Yorkin (writers) (2010-04-29). "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road". FlashForward. Season 1. Episode 18. ABC.
- "WGA: More Than 7,000 Writers Have Fired Their Agents". Deadline.
|This article about a television producer from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|