From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|Paragon Hospital Limited|
|Location||Bugoloobi, Nakawa Division, Kampala, Central Region, Uganda|
|Care system||Private, For Profit Hospital|
|Other links||Hospitals in Uganda|
The hospital sits on a 6 acres (2.4 ha) site, in the neighborhood of Bugoloobi, approximately 8.5 kilometres (5.3 mi), by road, southeast of Mulago National Referral Hospital. The geographical coordinates of Paragon Hospital are: 0°18'31.0"N, 32°37'37.0"E (Latitude:0.308611; Longitude:32.626944).
Paragon Hospital, is an urban, private, for-profit, upscale hospital that serves the population of Kampala and surrounding districts. It is one of the five private upscale hospitals in Uganda's capital city, Kampala. It aims to address the gap in specialized tertiary healthcare delivery in the country and to serve that segment of Uganda's population that has been seeking the missing services from outside Uganda. Paragon Hospital focuses on the provision of prenatal, intrapartum, post partum and fertility services.
Construction of the 400 bed facility began in 2004, with the first patients admitted in 2007. The construction budget was estimated at USh9 billion (approx. US$4 million in 2007 money). The hospital plans included a private 150,000 litres (150 m3) reservoir, a private underground water source, and an oxygen manufacturing facility.
- John Odyek (23 January 2007). "New hospital opens in Bugolobi". New Vision. Kampala. Archived from the original (Archived from the original on 2 December 2008) on 2 December 2008. Retrieved 16 November 2020.
- Shifa Mwesigye (3 December 2008). "Five Star Hospitals Changing Healthcare". The Observer (Uganda). Kampala. Retrieved 16 November 2020.
- Google (16 November 2020). "Road Distance Between Paragon Hospital And Mulago National Referral Hospital, In Kampala, Uganda" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 16 November 2020.
- Google (16 November 2020). "Location of Paragon Hospital" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 16 November 2020.
- Emmanuel Mulondo (10 July 2012). "Government To Revamp Busoga Hospitals As MP Wafula's Wife Is Laid To Rest". Daily Monitor. Retrieved 16 November 2020.
- Simon Musasizi (21 September 2010). "New Fertility Centre Opens At Paragon Hospital". The Observer (Uganda). Kampala. Retrieved 16 November 2020.
- Stella Nakakande (31 July 2010). "Fertility Centre Opening Up At Paragon Hospital". Daily Monitor. Kampala. Retrieved 16 November 2020.