Peter Blake (writer)
From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|Occupation||Screenwriter, television producer, lawyer, executive producer|
Blake, the grandson and nephew of the writers Phyllis McGinley and Julie Hayden, was raised in New York City and attended The Collegiate School. He attended Harvard University, where he majored in history and literature and later returned to earn his law degree from Harvard Law School.
After graduating from Harvard Law in 1995, Blake worked briefly as a lawyer and then as a management consultant before moving to Los Angeles to work in the entertainment industry. After spending several years working as a feature film development executive, Blake started writing for TV.
From 2004 to 2012, Blake was a writer and eventually Executive Producer for the Fox TV series House, MD. He was nominated for three Primetime Emmys for producing House. He won the PEN/USA award for best teleplay for the episode "The Tyrant", was nominated for a Humanitas Award for the episode "Everybody Dies" and was nominated for both the Humanitas and the Writers' Guild Award for the episode "Help Me".
Blake wrote for the first season of CBS's Elementary, where he was nominated for an Edgar Award for the episode "Child Predator". Blake and his House colleague, Russel Friend, wrote and directed "The Waindow" episode of the web series Wainy Days. He has also written for the series Billions and Gotham, and consulted on ZeroZeroZero.
Blake is married to producer Jennifer Goyne and lives in Los Angeles. 
- "Peter Blake on IMDb". IMDB.com. Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 2006-11-26.
- "Wanna Be a Lawyer-Turned Television Writer? Read This"
- "ZeroZeroZero (TV series, 2019)". IMDB. Retrieved 16 September 2020.
- "El Candidato Wikipedia page". Wikipedia.org. Retrieved 16 September 2020.
- Cueva, Álvaro (24 July 2020). "Crítica a 'El candidato'". Milenio. Retrieved 16 September 2020.
- "El Candidato: ¿por qué ha sido tan polémica esta serie de Amazon Prime y qué retrata de México?". El Heraldo de Mexico. 24 July 2020. Retrieved 16 September 2020.
- Peter Blake on IMDb
- Peter Blake on Twitter
- Behind the Plot Twists of the House Season Finale
- Wanna Be a Lawyer-Turned Television Writer? Read This
- No Meaner Place - "The Staked Plains"
|This biographical article related to television is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|