From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|French||Les Lapins Crétins : Invasion|
|Based on||Raving Rabbids|
|Developed by||Jean-Louis Momus|
|Voices of||Damien Laquet|
|Theme music composer||La Belle Equipe|
|Composer||La Belle Equipe|
|Country of origin||France|
|No. of seasons||4|
|No. of episodes||104 (312 segments) + 1 special (list of episodes)|
|Running time||21 minutes (three 7-minute segments)|
|Original network||France 3|
|Picture format||1080i HDTV|
|Audio format||Dolby Digital 5.1|
|Original release||3 August 2013 –|
18 February 2022
Rabbids Invasion (French: Les Lapins Crétins : Invasion) is a French computer-animated television series based on Ubisoft's Raving Rabbids video game series. It is a co-production of Ubisoft Motion Pictures, TeamTO and CNC. The show was developed by Jean-Louis Momus, and stars Damien Laquet as the voice of the Rabbids.
The show premiered on 3 August 2013 on France 3. The first three seasons, each with 26 episodes, aired between 2013 and 2017. A fourth season aired on France 3 in 2018 and it was released worldwide through Netflix on 1 July 2019. An hour-long follow-up after the fourth season, titled Rabbids Invasion: Mission to Mars, premiered in France on 29 September 2021 and on Netflix as an original film on February 18, 2022.
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||26||August 3, 2013||December 6, 2014|
|2||26||October 11, 2014||June 14, 2016|
|3||26||June 21, 2016||June 23, 2017|
|4||26||September 1, 2018||August 17, 2019|
|Special||TBA||September 8, 2021||TBA|
In October 2010, Ubisoft and Aardman announced a partnership to produce a TV series pilot and several shorts based on Ubisoft's Raving Rabbids franchise. The following year, it was announced that 78 animated episodes would be made by Ubisoft's Montreuil-based studio Ubisoft Motion Pictures as its first in-house production. In the United States, the series premiered on Nickelodeon on 3 August 2013. On 17 December 2013, the series was renewed for a second season of 26 half-hour blocks, with three segments per block. On 16 June 2015, it was renewed for a third season.
The series airs on France 3 in France. In China, Rabbids Invasion ranked as the most-watched children's television series in 2017, having gathered over a billion views. Disney Channel Asia premiered the fourth season of Rabbids Invasion on 8 July 2019.
In the United States, from 3 August 2013 onward, the first season (and several episodes of the second season) aired on Nickelodeon. The rest of the second season and all of the third season aired only on the Nicktoons channel. The fourth season was not aired in the United States until Netflix released it in July 2019.
Emily Ashby of Common Sense Media gave the show two out of five stars, stating: "Rabbids Invasion tones down the violence for the characters' jump from gaming to the TV, but they still have a lot of fun at the expense of each other and unsuspecting bystanders, and a lot of their antics would be frowned upon in the real world (using chickens' buttocks as egg shooters in a mock battle, for instance). Ultimately, though, it's crude and minimally taxing on viewers' sense of comprehension, so for better or worse, it's bound to appeal to the grade-school set."
Rabbids Invasion was adapted into an interactive TV series, titled Rabbids Invasion: The Interactive TV Show. The game which combines existing television episodes with a series of challenges, was released on Xbox 360, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 in November 2014, requiring a Kinect or PlayStation Camera, respectively.
- Rayman: The Animated Series
- Rabbids Invasion: Mission to Mars
- "Rabbids Invasion (2018) on Netflix USA :: New on Netflix USA".
- "'Rabbids Invasion' Becomes Top Children's Show in China, Ubisoft Eyes Other IP for TV". 9 October 2018.
- Stanley, Patrick (October 10, 2019). "Ubisoft Planning Animated TV Adaptations of Popular Game Franchises (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved October 14, 2019.
- "Embark with an unusual crew towards the conquest of Mars with this special 70-minute movie". Ubisoft Paris.
- Ubisoft & Aardman to Create Pilot for Animated Television Show Based on Raving Rabbids, IGN
- Keslassy, Elsa (October 6, 2011). "Nick licenses 'Raving Rabbids'". Variety. Retrieved October 6, 2011.
- "Rabbids Invasion: Debut Date Announced and Trailer Revealed". IGN. July 12, 2013. Retrieved July 17, 2013.
- "'Rabbids Invasion' renewed for second season". Polygon. December 18, 2013. Archived from the original on December 20, 2013. Retrieved June 19, 2015.
- Elsa Keslassy (17 June 2015). "French Toon Studio TeamTO Sells 'YellowBird' to Universal". Variety. Retrieved June 19, 2015.
- Les Lapins Crétins Invasion (July 10, 2018), Les Lapins Crétins – Teaser Saison 4, retrieved October 17, 2018
- Dickson, Jeremy (September 22, 2017). "With Nintendo's help, Ubisoft grows Rabbids brand in Asia". Kidscreen.
- "Rabbids Invasion on netflix". The Futon Critic. Retrieved July 7, 2022.
- Emily Ashby (5 August 2013). "Rabbids Invasion – Television Review". Commonsensemedia.org. Retrieved August 6, 2013.
- "Ubisoft® Makes Interactive TV A Reality With Creation Of Rabbids® Invasion The Interactive TV Show" (Press release). Ubisoft. June 10, 2013. Retrieved June 15, 2014.
- Anne Lewis (June 9, 2013). "Rabbids Invasion: The Interactive TV Show coming this year". Ubisoft. Retrieved October 10, 2014.