From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
Brave New World
Sen Mitsuji (born November 26, 1987) is an Australian-Japanese actor and model. He is best known for his role as Shun Kenzaki in the YouTube science fiction series Origin. Recently, he starred in the Peacock series, Brave New World.
Sen Mitsuji was born to a Japanese father and an Australian mother in Sydney. He attended and graduated from Sydney Boys High School. He moved to Tokyo where he became a model before dipping into acting. His first major acting role was in the short lived YouTube Premium series Origin as Shun. Of the series he stated, "I’d never seen anything written [like it]. And that’s exciting—to do something where you’re not conscious of having to avoid any sort of trope that exists already, just free to interpret it as you’d like, without being constrained [by] what’s come before you." Mitsuji has further voiced his love of sci-fi and fantasy, which he has stated are very similar in their paradoxical mix of escapism and incisive commentary. In February 2020, Mitsuji starred in a recurring role on the second season of the Netflix science fiction series Altered Carbon. In the same year, Mitsuji starred as Henry Foster in the miniseries adaptation of Brave New World. His character was described as "an Alpha Plus in every way".
|2018||Origin||Shun Kenzaki||Main cast|
|2019||The Man in the High Castle||Toru Kido||Recurring (Season 4)|
|2020||Altered Carbon||Tanaseda Yukito||Recurring (Season 2)|
|2020||Brave New World||Henry Foster||Main cast|
- Ramsden, Sam (November 8, 2018). "When Does 'Origin' Start In The UK? The New Sci-Fi Series Stars Some Harry Potter Actors You'll Probably Recognise". Bustle. Retrieved June 20, 2019.
- "High Notes, Vol 5 No 21, July 02 2004". Sydney Boys High. Retrieved April 5, 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Sen Mitsuji". Be Natural Models Japan. Retrieved May 1, 2020.
- Frederick, Brittany (November 29, 2018). "Origin star Sen Mitsuji discusses his role in YouTube series". Fansided. Retrieved April 5, 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Shaw-Williams, Hannah (February 27, 2020). "Altered Carbon Season 2 Cast & Character Guide". ScreenRant. Retrieved May 1, 2020.
- Kang, Inkoo (2020-07-14). "'Brave New World': TV Review". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2020-07-15. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- White, Peter (June 19, 2019). "'Brave New World': Kylie Bunbury, Hannah John-Kamen, Sen Mitsuji, Joseph Morgan & Nina Sosanya Added To USA Network Drama". Deadline. Retrieved April 5, 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)