Sober (Little Big Town song)
From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|Single by Little Big Town|
|from the album Tornado|
|Released||September 30, 2013|
|Little Big Town singles chronology|
"Sober" is a song recorded by American country music group Little Big Town. It was released on September 30, 2013 as the fourth single from their fifth studio album, Tornado. The song was written by Liz Rose, Hillary Lindsey, and Lori McKenna.
The song received a favorable review from Taste of Country, which called it "a sweet love song bathed in four-part harmonies reminiscent of the group’s most popular cuts from the mid ’00s." The review said that "Jay Joyce’s production is looser and more organic than anything else on ‘Tornado,’ which helps make sure the overall message doesn’t come out clouded." Ben Foster of Country Universe gave the song an A, writing that Kimberly Schlapman "interprets the song with poise and subtlety, bringing a sense of genuineness and humanity […] while her bandmates join in with their signature heavenly harmonies when the song comes to its chorus." Foster stated that the writers "build the ballad around an effective, accessible metaphor, elevated by a gorgeous piercing melody that lingers after the song’s end" and praised Joyce's "elegantly restrained mandolin-driven" production.
"Sober" debuted at number 59 on the U.S. Billboard Country Airplay chart for the week of October 19, 2013. It also debuted at number 27 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs chart for the week of November 23, 2013. It also debuted at number 2 on the U.S. Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles chart for the week of November 23, 2013.
|Canada Country (Billboard)||35|
|US Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles (Billboard)||2|
|US Country Airplay (Billboard)||31|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||27|
- Foster, Ben (September 26, 2013). "Set Your DVR: Little Big Town To Debut "Sober" on "The Tonight Show" with Jay Leno this evening". Roughstock. Retrieved November 26, 2013.
- "Little Big Town, 'Sober' [Listen]". Taste of Country. September 18, 2013. Retrieved November 26, 2013.
- Foster, Ben (October 24, 2013). "Single Review: Little Big Town, "Sober"". Country Universe. Retrieved November 26, 2013.
- Sciarretto, Amy (November 6, 2013). "Little Big Town Were 'Sober' by Candlelight at 2013 CMAs". Taste of Country. Retrieved November 26, 2013.
- Bonaguro, Alison. "CMT: News: Little Big Town Answers Questions on 'The Chew'". Retrieved 13 February 2014.
- "CMT: Videos: Little Big Town: Sober". Retrieved 13 February 2014.
- Morris, Edward (October 12, 2013). "Billy Currington's "Hey Girl" Docks at No. 1, Crash My Party Still Top Album". Country Music Television. Retrieved November 26, 2013.
- "Little Big Town Chart History (Canada Country)". Billboard.
- "Little Big Town Chart History (Bubbling Under Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Little Big Town Chart History (Country Airplay)". Billboard.
- "Little Big Town Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard.