The Glory (TV series)
From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|Revised Romanization||Deo geullori|
|Written by||Kim Eun-sook|
|Directed by||Ahn Gil-ho|
|Country of origin||South Korea|
|No. of episodes||16 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||47–72 minutes|
|Production company||Hwa&Dam Pictures|
|Original release||December 30, 2022 –|
March 10, 2023
The Glory (Korean: 더 글로리) is a South Korean streaming television series written by Kim Eun-sook and directed by Ahn Gil-ho. Song Hye-kyo, Lee Do-hyun, Lim Ji-yeon, Yeom Hye-ran, Park Sung-hoon, and Jung Sung-il round out the ensemble cast. Part 1 was released on Netflix on December 30, 2022, and Part 2 was released on March 10, 2023.
A former victim of school violence seeks revenge on her bullies after taking up a job as a homeroom teacher at the elementary school of the bully's child.
- Song Hye-kyo as Moon Dong-eun
- Jung Ji-so as young Moon Dong-eun
- The homeroom teacher of Class 1-2 of Semyeong Elementary School. During her high school days, she was the target of constant bullying and physical abuse by Yeon-jin and her group. She eventually quit school and then started an elaborate plan of revenge on Yeon-jin's group.
- Lee Do-hyun as Joo Yeo-jeong
- A plastic surgeon who worked at the Seoul Joo General Hospital, where his mother is the director. He teaches Dong-eun Go.
- Lim Ji-yeon as Park Yeon-jin
- Shin Ye-eun as young Park Yeon-jin
- A weather presenter at a television station. She led the group of delinquents in bullying and physically abusing Dong-eun during high school.
- Yeom Hye-ran as Kang Hyeon-nam
- A housekeeper who worked at the home of Semyeong Foundation's president. She, along with her daughter, suffers from domestic violence perpetrated by her husband. She helps Dong-eun in the latter's revenge by becoming her sleuth, in exchange for the killing of her husband.
- Park Sung-hoon as Jeon Jae-joon
- Song Byeong-geun as young Jeon Jae-joon
- The colour blind heir of a country club. He was part of the group that constantly abused Dong-eun.
- Jung Sung-il as Ha Do-yeong
- Yeon-jin's husband and CEO of Jaepyeong Construction. He is caught in the long-planned trap of Dong-eun and encounters Pandora's Box that threatens the happiness of his family.
Sunghan High School (2004–2006)
- Cha Joo-young as Choi Hye-jeong
- Song Ji-woo as young Choi Hye-jeong
- A flight attendant whose parents are owners of a self-service laundry. She was part of the group that constantly abused Dong-eun, although she was one of the lowest authority in the group as she lacked a prestigious background.
- Kim Hieora as Lee Sa-ra
- Bae Kang-hee as young Lee Sa-ra
- A member of the choir of a church led by her wealthy pastor father. Growing up, she developed a severe drug addiction and has a career as a famous abstract painter. She was part of the group that constantly abused Dong-eun.
- He was part of the group that constantly abused Dong-eun. Growing up, without the connections or education afforded by financial privilege, he works as an errand boy for Jae-joon and a drug dealer for Sa-ra.
- Lee So-ee as Yoon So-hee
- A Sunghan High School student who was the target of constant bullying and abuse by Yeon-jin's group before Dong-eun became the next target.
- Jeon Soo-ah as Ahn Jung-mi
- The school nurse at Sunghan High School. She was the only adult who supports Dong-eun at school.
- Park Yoon-hee as Kim Jong-moon
- Dong-eun's former homeroom teacher at Sunghan High School. He showed favouritism toward Yeon-jin's group and abused Dong-eun because he had taken bribes from their parents.
- Ahn So-yo as Kim Kyung-ran
- Lee Seo-young as young Kim Kyung-ran
- A shop assistant at a boutique owned by Jae-joon. During her high school days, she became the next target of constant bullying by Yeon-jin's group after Dong-eun quit school.
People around Park Yeon-jin
- Oh Ji-yul as Ha Ye-sol
- The daughter of Yeon-jin and Do-yeong, although her biological father is Jae-joon. She is colour blind. She attends Semyeong Elementary School Class 1-2.
- Yoon Da-kyung as Hong Young-ae
- Yeon-jin's mother who believes in Korean shamanism.
- Lee Hae-young as Shin Young-joon
- A high-ranking police officer who is friends with Young-ae. He and his subordinates work behind the scenes to cover up Yeon-jin's crimes.
People around Moon Dong-eun
- Park Ji-ah as Jung Mi-hee
- Dong-eun's mother who worked at a barbershop. She abandoned her daughter in favour of bribes. Has severe alcohol dependency.
- Heo Dong-won as Chu Jeong-ho
- A teacher in Semyeong Elementary School who has tensions with Dong-eun.
- Kang Gil-woo as Kim Soo-han
- Dong-eun's senior who is also Jong-moon's son.
- Son Sook as Grandmother
- Manager of an estate office and owner of Eden Villa in Semyeong, where Dong-eun rents an apartment.
- Son Na-young as Goo Sung-hee
- A travel agency employee who worked at the same factory with Dong-eun.
People around Kang Hyeon-nam
- Choi Soo-in as Lee Seon-ah
- Hyeon-nam's daughter, who, along her mother, suffers from physical abuse by her father.
- Ryu Seong-hyun as Lee Seok-jae
- Hyeon-nam's husband, who physically abused his daughter and wife. He also gambled and became an alcoholic.
People around Joo Yeo-jeong
- Kim Jung-young as Park Sang-im
- Yeo-jeong's mother who is also the current director of Seoul Joo General Hospital.
- Cho Min-wook as Kim Jong-heon
- Yeo-jeong's senior.
- Choi Kwang-il as Joo Sung-hak
- Yeo-jeong's father, and was the chief director of Seoul Joo General Hospital. He was murdered by Yeong-cheon.
- Lee Byung-joon as Lee Gil-sung
- A pastor and Sa-ra's father.
- Son Kang-kuk as Choi Dong-kyu
- A detective.
- Noh Kyung (Part 2)
- Kim Seon-hwa as Lee Sa-ra's mother
- Jeon Jin-oh as subordinate who help police officers
- Hwang Kwang-hee as radio show host
- Lee Moo-saeng as Kang Yeong-cheon
- A patient who murdered Yeo-jeong's father.
- Lee Joong-ok as Tae-wook
- Hye-jeong's lover.
- Kim Seung-hwa as Hye-jeong's junior
|Part 1||8||December 30, 2022|
|Part 2||8||March 10, 2023|
|Episode||Directed by||Written by||Original release date|
|1||Episode 1||Ahn Gil-ho||Kim Eun-sook||December 30, 2022|
|In 2004, 17-year-old high school student Moon Dong-eun is ruthlessly bullied and tortured by a group of her rich peers, led by Park Yeon-jin and including Jeon Jae-joon, Choi Hye-jeong, Lee Sa-ra and Son Myeong-oh. Dong-eun files a police report but Yeon-jin's mother, Young-ae, uses her connections with Young-joon, a high-ranking police officer, to cover up the incident. Dong-eun applies to drop out of school, listing the group as the reason. Her teacher Jong-moon beats her in front of other teachers for "lying". Yeon-jin's mother bribes Dong-eun's mother to change the reason on the form to "maladjustment". After taking the money, Dong-eun's mother abandons her. Before moving away, Dong-eun vows to the group that "they'll meet again". Over the next few years, she works at a factory, befriends fellow worker Sung-hee, earns a GED and enrolls into university to study education. In 2022, an adult Dong-eun watches Yeon-jin, now a weather presenter, on television, surrounded by photographs of those who have wronged her.|
|2||Episode 2||Ahn Gil-ho||Kim Eun-sook||December 30, 2022|
|While studying, Dong-eun gathers information on the group over the years. Jae-joon inherits a country club and upscale clothing boutique and has a fling with Yeon-jin; Hye-jeong becomes a flight attendant and has unrequited feelings for Jae-joon; Sa-ra becomes a famous artist and drug addict; Myeong-oh becomes Jae-joon's lackey and Sa-ra's drug dealer. Dong-eun meets Joo Yeo-jeong, a medical intern who has a crush on her and teaches her the game Go. Yeon-jin marries Ha Do-yeong, the CEO of a large construction company, and has a daughter, Ha Ye-sol. After graduating, Dong-eun abruptly leaves without telling Yeo-jeong. She meets Myeong-oh and tells him she has information he can use to make money. She leases an apartment in Semyeong overlooking Yeon-jin's house. One night, while searching the bins at the house of Semyeong Foundation's chairman, Dong-eun is confronted by the housekeeper, Kang Hyeon-nam. Rather than turn Dong-eun in, Hyeon-nam offers to help Dong-eun if she kills her abusive husband.|
|3||Episode 3||Ahn Gil-ho||Kim Eun-sook||December 30, 2022|
|Dong-eun hires Hyeon-nam as an assistant to gather information on the group. She realizes that Ye-sol is colorblind, a trait shared by Jae-joon. Dong-eun plays Go at the club Do-yeong goes to, where her skill intrigues Do-yeong. She encounters Yeo-jeong by chance, now a plastic surgeon; he confesses that she helped him through a dark time. Dong-eun tells Myeong-oh that she knows who pushed Yoon So-hee, a student bullied by the group before they targeted Dong-eun, to her death. She offers up that information in exchange for his help; he gives Dong-eun Jae-joon's hair samples. The bullies gather at the school for an alumni awards ceremony, where Dong-eun meets them again. Dong-eun uses the information Hyeon-nam gathered to blackmail the chairman of the Semyeong school district for a transfer to teach at the elementary school Ye-sol attends.|
|4||Episode 4||Ahn Gil-ho||Kim Eun-sook||December 30, 2022|
|Yeon-jin learns that her daughter's new homeroom teacher is Dong-eun and panics. Yeon-jin also learns that their now elderly teacher, Jong-moon, died after meeting Dong-eun. Dong-eun had told Soo-han, Jong-moon's son, that she intended to publicly expose Jong-moon's treatment of her. Soo-han then killed his father so as not to jeopardize his own career prospects. Dong-eun receives information about So-hee from Jung-mi, the ex-school nurse. Myeong-oh visits the mortuary, discovering that it's the location of So-hee's body, her parents having refused to claim it; they dispute the police's ruling of suicide. Intrigued, Do-yeong plays with Dong-eun at the Go club, just as she had intended.|
|5||Episode 5||Ahn Gil-ho||Kim Eun-sook||December 30, 2022|
|Dong-eun reveals to Yeon-jin that she knows about Ye-sol's color blindness. Jae-joon receives an envelope containing Ye-sol's toothbrush. Yeon-jin hires her mother's friend Young-joon, a corrupt detective, to gather information on Dong-eun. Hyeon-nam steals Hye-jeong's phone and gives it to Dong-eun. Dong-eun blackmails Sa-ra for cash. She also contacts Yeo-jeong after years of silence, and apologizes for her treatment of him. Yeo-jeong, who is still in love with her, cheekily tells her he'd be a good partner. She replies that she does not need a prince but an "executioner". Dong-eun tells Myeong-oh who pushed So-hee and he contacts the group and Do-yeong, planning to flee to Russia. However, he is attacked by an unknown person before he can do so.|
|6||Episode 6||Ahn Gil-ho||Kim Eun-sook||December 30, 2022|
|Yeo-jeong opens his own practice in Semyeong, having decided to follow Dong-eun. Myeong-oh goes missing after the attack. While driving, Dong-eun receives a warning from Hyeon-nam that she is being followed. She leads the men into an auto collision, and they exchange phone numbers. Unbeknownst to her, the two men secretly work for Young-Joon. Suspicious, she asks Hyeon-nam why she was following her but realizes Hyeon-nam was only doing her job and the two make up. Do-yeong receives a photograph of him with Dong-eun and he and the group each try to reach Myeong-oh. While getting her car fixed, the sound of barbecuing meat triggers Dong-eun's PTSD and sends her into a panic attack. She heads to Yeo-jeong's new place for comfort. Jae-joon discovers that Ye-sol is his daughter. Hye-jeong receives an envelope full of private images from her phone. Dong-eun tells Yeo-jeong of her plan for revenge. When he tries to discourage her, she shows him the extensive scarring on her body. Shocked and disturbed, Yeo-jeong offers to be her "executioner".|
|7||Episode 7||Ahn Gil-ho||Kim Eun-sook||December 30, 2022|
|Do-yeong grows suspicious of Yeon-jin and her group. Yeo-jeong's mother, Sang-im, the director of her own hospital, receives a letter from Kang Yeong-cheon, the now-imprisoned murderer of Yeo-jeong's father, and realizes the killer has been taunting her son. The normally-bright Yeo-jeong fantasizes about killing Yeong-cheon, revealing his own dark side. Dong-eun plans to use the money from Sa-ra to send Hyeon-nam's daughter to study in the US so she is safe. Jae-joon wants to take back Ye-sol but that will require a divorce between Yeon-jin and Do-yeong. Dong-eun reveals to Hyeon-nam that on the day So-hee died, she had Yeon-jin's name tag in her hand. Jae-joon confronts Yeon-jin with Ye-sol's paternity and they kiss. Do-yeong attends Ye-sol's class, sees Jae-joon, and realizes that Ye-sol's teacher is Dong-eun.|
|8||Episode 8||Ahn Gil-ho||Kim Eun-sook||December 30, 2022|
|Dong-eun threatens Hye-jeong into reporting Myeong-oh's disappearance to the police. Do-yeong learns from Hye-jeong that Yeon-jin was a malicious bully to Dong-eun and others in the past. Yeo-jeong meets Do-yeong for the first time and plays Go with him, reporting back to Dong-eun. Yeon-jin finds and once again bribes Dong-eun's mother in order to have leverage over Dong-eun. Sang-im visits Yeong-cheon in prison to tell him to stop the letters. Do-yeong asks Dong-eun for her side of the story. Yeon-jin breaks into Dong-eun's apartment and sees her wall of photographs, then turns to find Do-yeong has stepped inside too. Yeo-jeong discovers that So-hee's body is not in the mortuary.|
|9||Episode 9||Ahn Gil-ho||Kim Eun-sook||March 10, 2023|
|On Myeong-oh's last day, he tried and failed to blackmail Dong-eun, Jae-joon, Sa-ra and Hye-jeong. Later, as the clique realizes this, they begin to suspect Yeon-jin of being involved in Myeong-oh disappearance, as well as how So-hee died. Do-yeong demands an explanation from Yeon-jin, but she sidesteps his questions and attempts to turn the tables on him. Yeo-jeong learns that So-hee's body was moved to the freezer on his father's orders, who hoped the case can be reopened. Dong-eun moves in with Yeo-jeong. With Myeong-oh's disappearance now a criminal investigation, Jae-joon tells the officer in charge, Detective Choi, that Do-yeong was looking for Myeong-oh. Dong-eun gives Yeon-jin one last chance to surrender herself to the police, but Yeon-jin refuses. Do-yeong receives information from Myeong-oh about Yeon-jin's infidelity. In the past, a younger Dong-eun anonymously sent Yeon-jin's name tag found at the scene of So-hee's death to the police, only for the officer at the time, Young-joon, to give it to Young-ae, who kept it, covering up Yeon-jin's involvement. So-hee is revealed to be pregnant when she died. Dong-eun realizes a photo of Seok-jae, Hyeon-nam's husband, is missing from her wall. With it, Yeon-jin tracks down Hyeon-nam.|
|10||Episode 10||Ahn Gil-ho||Kim Eun-sook||March 10, 2023|
|Yeon-jin threatens Hyeon-nam into working for her, although this was forewarned by Dong-eun upon realizing the photo of Seok-jae was missing. At the school, Dong-eun is given a hard time by Mr. Chu, another teacher. Tipped off by Yeon-jin, Dong-eun's mother surprises Dong-eun at the school. Dong-eun uses Hye-jeong to lure Yeon-jin to Yeo-jeong's clinic. Hyeon-nam takes her daughter to Dong-eun, who places her in the care of Jung-mi. Hyeon-nam tell Dong-eun she will work for Yeon-jin to avert suspicions. Jae-joon learns that CCTV footage from the boutique on the night of Myeong-oh's disappearance has been erased. Detective Choi interviews Yeo-jeong, who reveals that he tried to call Myeong-oh after learning he was looking for So-hee's body. Dong-eun wears a sleeveless dress to dinner and shocks Do-yeong with the scars on her body. While undergoing anesthesia before a cosmetic procedure, Yeo-jeong questions Yeon-jin about Myeong-oh. In a flashback, it is revealed Myeong-oh recorded the conversation with Yeon-jin, but she destroyed his phone partway through. When Myeong-oh blackmails Yeon-jin about So-hee's death and made sexual advances on Yeon-jin, she flew into a rage and beat Myeong-oh's head twice with a bottle, then left him for dead.|
|11||Episode 11||Ahn Gil-ho||Kim Eun-sook||March 10, 2023|
|Yeon-jin enlists Young-joon to once again help her and take care of Myeong-oh's body. Instead of disposing of it, Young-joon decided to store the body at an abandoned funeral home in order to have future leverage against Yeon-Jin and Young-ae. A confused Yeon-jin flees Yeo-jeong's clinic in a panic. Dong-eun tells Do-yeong she intends to make Yeon-jin lose everyone around her, but Do-yeong replies he has no plans to divorce Yeon-jin at this time. Yeon-jin tries to guilt Do-yeong with his relationship with Dong-eun, but he points to Yeon-jin's affair with Jae-joon. Jae-joon attempts to recover CCTV footage from the boutique. Dong-eun hires some of Sung-hee's gangster friends to watch over Hyeon-nam. Hyeon-nam was unable to bid farewell to her her daughter at the airport due to Yeon-jin's interference causing Seok-jae to return home early to beat her. After Young-ae is informed that So-hee's body is frozen, she asks Young-joon to find a legal loophole to seize and get rid of it. Yeo-jeong buys the abandoned funeral home. After Seok-jae learns that Hyeon-nam is working for Yeon-jin, he blackmails Young-ae. Hye-jeong finds Myeong-oh's partial recording.|
|12||Episode 12||Ahn Gil-ho||Kim Eun-sook||March 10, 2023|
|Dong-eun and Yeo-jeong locate Myeong-oh's body at the abandoned funeral home. It is revealed that Yeo-jeong took DNA samples from Yeon-jin at the clinic. Hyeon-nam gives information about Yeo-jeong to Yeon-jin. Yeon-jin begins to see hallucinations of So-hee. Dong-eun sends information to Jae-joon indicating Mr. Chu has been taking upskirt photographs of students at the school. Jae-joon beats up Mr. Chu, but Ye-sol sees the act. Kyung-ran, the shop assistant at the boutique, is revealed to have the bottle Yeon-jin used to beat Myeong-oh. At the police station, Jae-joon and Do-yeong get into a fight over Ye-sol. Sang-im refuses to bow to pressure to move So-hee's frozen body back to the morgue. At the school, Dong-eun is confronted by a group of mothers her mother had turned against her. Yeo-jeong comforts Dong-eun. Dong-eun plants drugs at the church ran by Sa-ra's father, and anonymously tips Sa-ra to their presence, causing her to relapse and hallucinate into performing sexual acts in front of churchgoers. When Yeon-jin arrives at the church, Dong-eun reveals a letter alleging bullying behavior by an anonymous weather presenter has been posted online.|
|13||Episode 13||Ahn Gil-ho||Kim Eun-sook||March 10, 2023|
|The video of Sa-ra and the letter cause a media sensation and intense speculation. Jae-joon finds out the hard drive was swapped, not erased. Hye-jeong shows Jae-joon Myeong'oh's recording; he realizes the recording was made at his boutique, and seduces Hye-jeong. Dong-eun approaches Kyung-ran, imploring her to not get in the way of her proving Yeon-jin murdered Myeong-oh. Seok-jae continues to blackmail Young-ae. Young-ae enlists her shaman friend to help her get rid of Seok-jae. Yeon-jin learns that Hye-jeong helped Dong-eun to lure her to Yeo-jeong's clinic. Hye-jeong tells Sa-ra that Yeon-jin used her media contacts to spread a story about Sa-ra's tax evasion, thus taking attention off her own bullying complaint. Dong-eun finds the letters sent by Yeong-cheon to Yeo-jeong. Yeo-jeong applies for a job at the prison holding Yeong-cheon. Young-joon find out the funeral home was sold. Dong-eun resigns from the school. Young-joon blackmails Yeon-jin with Myeong-oh's body, but Dong-eun had already arranged for Myeong-oh's body to be dumped and discovered where So-hee died. Dong-eun confronts her mother, who while in an alcohol-induced rage starts a fire in the apartment, all while being recorded.|
|14||Episode 14||Ahn Gil-ho||Kim Eun-sook||March 10, 2023|
|Following the resurfacing of Myeong-oh's body, Young-joon hastily makes plans to liquidate all assets and leave the country. Dong-eun commits her mother to a mental institution. Yeo-jeong learns from Dong-eun's landlady that she saved her life once. Do-yeong learns from Dong-eun the address of So-hee's mother and the location of So-hee's body. Yeon-jin persuades Jae-joon to provide her with an alibi on the day of Myeong-oh's disappearance. Jae-joon gives Do-yeong a copy of Myeong-oh's recording, offering to not pass it to the police if Do-yeong divorces Yeon-jin and gives up custody of Ye-sol. Young-ae uses the shaman to lure Seok-jae, then crashes into him with Young-joon in the car, thereby threatening Young-joon into helping her. Dong-eun blackmails the shaman. Realizing she left traces in the funeral home, Yeon-jin revisits it only to be surprised by Yeo-jeong. Dong-eun is interviewed again by Detective Choi; she gives him a tip about a lighter found near So-hee's body. Do-yeong decides to send Ye-sol to Europe. Yeon-jin learns that the Seok-jae was Hyeon-nam's husband. The shaman stages So-hee's last moments in front of Yeon-jin, revealing that Yeon-jin set fire to So-hee's clothes, causing a struggle which ended with Yeon-jin pushing So-hee off the roof.|
|15||Episode 15||Ahn Gil-ho||Kim Eun-sook||March 10, 2023|
|The shaman seemingly sees So-hee's ghost, collapses then dies. Yeon-jin tries to threaten Hyeon-nam into settling regarding Seok-jae's death, but Hyeon-nam slaps and counter-threaten Yeon-jin. Do-yeong gives Yeon-jin an ultimatum to make amends to So-hee's mother. When Yeon-jin refuses, Do-yeong initiates divorce proceedings. After Sa-ra leaks old video footage of Yeon-jin bullying So-hee, Yeon-jin resigns from her job. Ye-sol rejects Yeon-jin, devastating her. Yeon-jin issues a public apology, but maintains that So-hee killed herself. The clique blame each other for their troubles, culminating with Sa-ra stabbing Hye-jeong in the neck. Yeo-jeong discovers that Jae-joon raped So-hee. Dong-eun learns that Do-yeong paid So-hee's hospital fees. In a flashback, it is revealed Dong-eun and Kyung-ran were close friends before Dong-eun was bullied. Jae-joon breaks up with Hye-jeong, now mute, and reveals he deleted Myeong-oh's recording. Sa-ra is charged with attempted murder. It is revealed Yeo-jeong planted Yeon-jin's DNA on Myeong-oh's body, which later matched DNA found on the lighter. Yeo-jeong's job application is rejected. Young-ae gives the nametag to Dong-eun in an effort to save herself, causing Yeon-jin to realize her mother betrayed her. When So-hee's mother collapses and is admitted to hospital, Dong-eun finds out her legal guardian is Yeo-jeong.|
|16||Episode 16||Ahn Gil-ho||Kim Eun-sook||March 10, 2023|
|Yeo-jeong admits he knew about Dong-eun's situation from the start. Dong-eun admits she approached him to ensure So-hee's body stay frozen. Yeon-jin and Young-ae are both arrested on suspicion of murder. Detective Choi realizes Dong-eun orchestrated the chain of events, but decides to close the investigation. Young-joon is beaten to death by his former subordinates over money. Jae-joon goes blind from eye medication tampered by Hye-jeong with Dong-eun's help and drowns after being pushed into a pool of wet concrete by someone implied to be Do-yeong. Do-yeong and Ye-sol relocate to the UK. So-hee is laid to rest. It is revealed that Myeong-oh was found alive by Kyung-ran, but she panicked after experiencing flashbacks of Myeong-oh's sexual assault and delivered the killing blow with the same bottle. Kyung-ran contacted Dong-eun, who framed Yeon-jin. Dong-eun and Yeo-jeong enjoy a night out, but she leaves without warning. Hyeon-nam gives farewell gifts from Dong-eun to Sung-hee and Jung-mi. Dong-eun burns her materials and plans to end her life by jumping off the same place where So-hee died, but is interrupted by Sang-im. Six months later, Dong-eun and Yeo-jeong carry out a plan to infiltrate the prison where Yeong-cheon is held.|
Preparation for the series began in January 2021. Entirely pre-produced by Hwa&Dam Pictures and its parent company Studio Dragon, it is a Netflix original series. It is said that the series will be produced in two seasons, 8 episodes per season for a total of 16 episodes.
On December 20, 2022, the director announced at the drama's press conference that Part 2 will be released in March 2023.
In July 2022, The Glory confirmed production with ensemble casting of Song Hye-kyo, Lee Do-hyun, Lim Ji-yeon, Yeom Hye-ran, Park Sung-hoon, and Jung Sung-il.
Two days after its release, The Glory ranked ninth globally on Netflix's TV shows category. On its third day, it reached fifth place on the most watched shows on Netflix worldwide. The series debuted at number three on the Netflix's Weekly Global Top 10 in non-English tv show category for the week December 26 – January 1, with 25.41 million hours viewed and subsequently ranked number one of the same list in the following week, January 2–8, accumulating 82.48 million viewing hours.
The series now ranked among the top 10 all-time Non-English TV series at #9 with 289.24 million hours watched in the first 28 days of release.
On review aggregation website Rotten Tomatoes, The Glory has an approval rating of 100% with an average rating of 8.30/10, based on 5 reviews.
Writing for Forbes, Joan MacDonald praised Song Hye-kyo for her "nuanced portrayal of Dong-eun" as well as Jung Ji-so who played teen Dong-eun, and wrote "The Glory features a fair share of unexpected plot twists, veering the story from almost horror to melodrama to murder mystery." Lakshana N Palat in his review for The Indian Express, praised the series' cinematography, music, and Song Hye-kyo's performance, stating, "It is one of her finest performances, if not her best." Chris Vognar of San Francisco Chronicle called the series "visually arresting", "carefully constructed" and "delights in every step".
Jonathon Wilson reviewing for Ready Steady Cut gave 3.5 stars out of 5, and praised Song Hye-kyo, stating, "The script asks a lot from her, and she delivers it, capably carrying Part 1's action on her shoulders," but wrote that the brutal torment of school violence made the series "an unpleasant watch." Pierce Conran of South China Morning Post graded the series with 4 out of 5, appreciating its storyline.
- ^ a b c d e f Hwang So-young (November 30, 2021). "김은숙·송혜교·이도현 뭉친 '더글로리' 넷플릭스行…1월 촬영 시작" [Kim Eun-sook, Song Hye-kyo, and Lee Do-hyun join Netflix for 'The Glory'... Start of shooting in January]. JTBC (in Korean). Archived from the original on November 30, 2021. Retrieved November 30, 2021 – via Naver.
- ^ Lee Min-ji (December 1, 2022). "김은숙 작가X송혜교 '더 글로리' 12월 30일 공개 확정 [공식]" [Writer Kim Eun-sook X Song Hye-kyo 'The Glory' confirmed to be released on December 30th [Official]]. Newsen (in Korean). Archived from the original on December 1, 2022. Retrieved December 1, 2022 – via Naver.
- ^ Jung Bit (December 30, 2022). "송혜교x김은숙 작가x안길호 감독 '더 글로리', 오늘(30일) 파트1 공개…관전포인트 셋" [Song Hye-kyo x Kim Eun-sook writer x Ahn Gil-ho director 'The Glory', Part 1 released today (30th)... three observation points]. Sports Chosun (in Korean). Archived from the original on December 30, 2022. Retrieved December 30, 2022.
- ^ Lee Seung-rok (January 18, 2023). "[공식] '더글로리' 파트2, 3월10일 공개확정…김은숙 "안보고는 못배길것"" [[Official] 'The Glory' Part 2 confirmed to be released on March 10th... Kim Eun-sook "I can't learn without seeing it"]. My Daily (in Korean). Retrieved January 18, 2023.
- ^ Carmen, Chin (July 22, 2022). "Song Hye-kyo, Lee Do-hyun to star in new Netflix K-drama 'The Glory'". NME. Archived from the original on September 25, 2022. Retrieved July 25, 2022.
- ^ Kang Hyo-jin (August 29, 2022). "[단독]정지소, 송혜교 어린시절 그린다…'더 글로리' 합류" [[Exclusive] Jung Ji-so, Song Hye-kyo's childhood drawing... Join 'The Glory']. spoTV News (in Korean). Archived from the original on November 3, 2022. Retrieved August 29, 2022 – via Naver.
- ^ a b c d Tae Yu-na (July 22, 2022). "[공식] 송혜교·이도현, 넷플릭스 복수극 '더글로리' 주연" [[Official] Song Hye-kyo and Lee Do-hyun to star in Netflix's revenge drama 'The Glory']. Ten Asia (in Korean). Archived from the original on November 3, 2022. Retrieved July 22, 2022 – via Naver.
- ^ Moon Ji-yeon (February 7, 2022). "[단독] 신예은, 김은숙 사단 합류..'더 글로리' 캐스팅" [[Exclusive] Yeeun Shin and Eunsook Kim join the division... Casting for 'The Glory']. Sports Chosun (in Korean). Archived from the original on November 3, 2022. Retrieved February 7, 2022 – via Naver.
- ^ Park Jung-min (January 17, 2022). "박성훈, 송혜교·김은숙 작가 만난다…넷플릭스 '더 글로리' 출연 확정 [공식]" [Park Seong-hoon, Song Hye-kyo and Kim Eun-sook meet writers... Netflix ‘The Glory’ confirmed to appear [Official]]. Newsen (in Korean). Retrieved January 17, 2022 – via Naver.
- ^ a b c d Kim Kyung-hee (December 19, 2022). "넷플릭스 기대작 '더 글로리' 학폭으로 영혼까지 부서진 여자의 인생을 건 복수" [Netflix's highly anticipated 'The Glory' Revenge for the life of a woman whose soul was shattered by school violence]. iMBC (in Korean). Archived from the original on December 19, 2022. Retrieved December 19, 2022 – via Naver.
- ^ Park Jeong-sun (December 12, 2022). "'더 글로리', 김은숙 작가·송혜교 복수극 어떨까" [How about 'The Glory', writer Kim Eun-sook and Song Hye-kyo's revenge drama?]. JTBC (in Korean). Archived from the original on December 12, 2022. Retrieved December 12, 2022 – via Naver.
- ^ Park Soo-in (November 3, 2022). "우영우' 김히어라, 김은숙 작가 만난다 "'더 글로리 출연"[공식입장]" ['Woo Young-woo' Kim Heera meets writer Kim Eun-sook "Appearing in 'The Glory' [official position]]. Newsen (in Korean). Archived from the original on November 3, 2022. Retrieved November 3, 2022 – via Naver.
- ^ Park Ah-reum (December 28, 2022). "김건우 '더 글로리'로 또 악역 변신 "연기에 대한 순수한 열정 깨워줘" [Kim Kun-woo transforms into a villain again with ‘The Glory’ “Awakens the pure passion for acting]. Newsen (in Korean). Archived from the original on December 28, 2022. Retrieved December 28, 2022 – via Naver.
- ^ Ha Su-jeong (January 4, 2023). "[단독] '더 글로리' 학폭 피해자 윤소희, 알고보니 '솔로지옥2' 이소이였다" [[Exclusive] Yoon So-hee, a victim of school violence in 'The Glory', turns out to be Lee So-yi in 'Solo Hell 2']. OSEN (in Korean). Archived from the original on January 5, 2023. Retrieved January 4, 2023 – via Naver.
- ^ Park Ro-sa (January 5, 2023). "[인터뷰①] 이도엽 '더 글로리' 보건교사 제 아내인데요?" [[Interview ①] Lee Do-yeop, ‘The Glory’ health teacher, is my wife?]. Ilgan Sports (in Korean). Archived from the original on January 5, 2023. Retrieved January 5, 2023 – via Naver.
- ^ a b Kim Jae-dong (January 2, 2023). "'더 글로리' 잘 읽히는, 그러나.장르물로는 너무 순진한 [김재동의 나무와 숲]" ['The Glory' reads well, but too naive as a genre [Kim Jae-dong's Trees and Forests]]. OSEN (in Korean). Archived from the original on January 7, 2023. Retrieved January 6, 2023 – via Naver.
- ^ a b c Choi Na-young (January 22, 2023). "이소이∙안소요∙손숙..'더 글로리' 2부 또 다른 키? 기대인물 [Oh!쎈 초점]" [Soi Lee∙Soyo Ahn∙Sook Son...'The Glory' Part 2 Another key? Expected Person [Oh! Strong Focus]]. OSEN (in Korean). Retrieved January 26, 2023 – via Naver.
- ^ Kang Hyo-jin (January 3, 2023). "우영우' 나온 그 배우 맞아?"…'더 글로리' 빛낸 배우들의 반전 과거[이슈S]" [Is that the actor from 'Woo Young-woo'?"... Reversal past of actors who shined in 'The Glory' [Issue S]]. SpoTV News (in Korean). Archived from the original on January 7, 2023. Retrieved January 7, 2023 – via Naver.
- ^ Ha Kyung-heon (March 16, 2023). "이도현부터 차주영까지, 신예 대거 길어올린 '더 글로리'[스경X초점]" [From Lee Do-Hyeon to Cha Ju-Young, ‘The Glory’ brought up by a large number of rookies [Skyung X Focus]]. Sports Kyunghyang (in Korean). Retrieved March 16, 2023 – via Naver.
- ^ Woo Da-bin (December 31, 2022). "더 글로리' 박지아, 파격적 연기로 시청자들 눈도장" ['The Glory' Park Ji-ah, viewers' eye stamp with unconventional acting]. Hankook Ilbo (in Korean). Archived from the original on January 2, 2023. Retrieved January 2, 2023 – via Naver.
- ^ Kim Na-young (January 5, 2023). "더 글로리' 허동원, 글로벌 빌런 등극…묘하게 기분 나쁜 '넝담'" ['The Glory' Heo Dong-won becomes a global villain... Strangely unpleasant 'rags']. MK Sports (in Korean). Archived from the original on January 5, 2023. Retrieved January 5, 2023 – via Naver.
- ^ An Ha-na (January 3, 2023). "최수인, '더 글로리' 출연...송혜교X염혜란과 호흡" [Choi Soo-in appears in 'The Glory'...Working with Song Hye-kyo X Yum Hye-ran]. MBN (in Korean). Archived from the original on January 5, 2023. Retrieved January 3, 2023 – via Naver.
- ^ Hwang So-young (February 15, 2023). "류성현, '더 글로리' 이어 디즈니+ '카지노' 출연 확정" [Ryu Seong-hyun confirmed to appear in Disney+'s 'Casino' following 'The Glory'] (in Korean). JTBC. Retrieved March 11, 2023.
- ^ Kim Na-ra (January 5, 2023). "이도현 父 살해' 사이코패스 이무생, '더 글로리' 특별출연 '美친 존재감'" [Murder of Lee Do-hyun's father' Psychopath Lee Moo-saeng, special appearance in 'The Glory' 'beautiful presence]. My Daily (in Korean). Archived from the original on January 5, 2023. Retrieved January 5, 2023 – via Naver.
- ^ Koh Gyu-dae (January 6, 2023). "더 글로리' 조민욱, "몸을 잘 쓰는 배우..시즌2에서 뵐게요" [The Glory' Cho Min-wook, "An actor who can use his body well.. I'll see you in Season 2]. E-Daily (in Korean). Archived from the original on January 7, 2023. Retrieved January 6, 2023 – via Naver.
- ^ Lee Jong-gil (January 11, 2023). "[영상2도]문동은도 원수를 사랑해야 할까" (in Korean). Asia Economy. Retrieved March 11, 2023.
- ^ Kang Il-hong (March 1, 2023). "송혜교X김은숙 콤비네이션, 흥행 신드롬 재연 '더 글로리' [TF확대경]" (in Korean). The Fact. Retrieved March 11, 2023.
- ^ Kim Hyeon-jeong (January 16, 2023). "노경, 와이원엔터와 전속계약…'더글로리2'·'리바운드' 출연" [Roh Kyung, exclusive contract with Y One Enter... Appeared in 'The Glory 2' and 'Rebound']. Xports News (in Korean). Retrieved January 16, 2023 – via Naver.
- ^ Lee Yoo-min (March 17, 2023). "'더 글로리' 약쟁이 사라 엄마 김선화, OTT→연극 종횡무진" [‘The Glory’ drug addict Sara’s mother, Kim Seon-hwa, OTT→play all over the place]. Sports Kyunghyang (in Korean). Retrieved March 17, 2023 – via Naver.
- ^ Kim Hyun-rok (March 22, 2023). "동은오적만 있나…'더 글로리' 전진오, 빌런 잡는 빌런 떴다" [Is there only Dong-Eun-Ojeok? 'The Glory' Jeon Jin-oh, a villain who catches the villain is on the rise]. SpoTV News (in Korean). Retrieved March 22, 2023 – via Naver.
- ^ Sung Min-joo (January 10, 2023). "광희가 '더글로리'서 왜 나와...물오른 연기력 눈길". TV Report. Retrieved January 16, 2023.
- ^ Lee Min-ji (January 3, 2023). "더 글로리' 이무생로랑이 당신의 뒤통수를 칠 때 [TV보고서]" ['The Glory' When Moo-Saeng Laurent Lee stabs you in the back [TV report]]. Newsen (in Korean). Archived from the original on January 3, 2023. Retrieved January 3, 2023 – via Naver.
- ^ Park Jeong-seon (January 5, 2023). "더 글로리' 이중옥, 신을 훔쳤다" ['The Glory' Lee Joong-ok stole God]. JTBC (in Korean). Archived from the original on January 5, 2023. Retrieved January 5, 2023 – via Naver.
- ^ Seong Min-ju (January 25, 2023). "'더 글로리' 스튜어디스 혜정이 후배, 유명 배우 자매였다". TV Report. Retrieved February 17, 2023.
- ^ Hwang So-young. "김은숙·송혜교·이도현 뭉친 '더글로리' 넷플릭스行…1월 촬영 시작" (in Korean). Archived from the original on December 1, 2021. Retrieved September 16, 2022.
- ^ "송혜교, 새 드라마 '더 글로리' 소식 알리며 "시작"". NEWSCULTURE (in Korean). February 3, 2022. Archived from the original on September 28, 2022. Retrieved October 3, 2022.
- ^ Hab Hyun-jeong (December 20, 2022). "더 글로리' 감독 "파트2는 3월 공개" [The Glory’ director “Part 2 will be released in March]. Maeil Business Star Today (in Korean). Archived from the original on December 20, 2022. Retrieved December 20, 2022 – via Naver.
- ^ "Netflix's "The Glory" Confirmed To Have A Part 2 In March 2023". Gia Allana. December 20, 2022. Retrieved January 5, 2023.
- ^ Choi Yoon-na (January 2, 2023). "송혜교 연기 변신 성공…'더 글로리', 글로벌 순위 5위 안착[DA:차트]" [Song Hye-kyo's acting transformation success... 'The Glory', ranked 5th in the global rankings [DA: Chart]]. Sports DongA (in Korean). Archived from the original on January 7, 2023. Retrieved January 2, 2023 – via Naver.
- ^ "Netflix Global Top 10 – December 26, 2022–January 1, 2023". Retrieved January 18, 2023.
- ^ "Netflix Global Top 10 – January 2–8, 2023". Retrieved January 18, 2023.
- ^ Ahn Eun-jae (December 3, 2022). "'더 글로리' 넷플릭스 비영어권 TV부문 주간 1위…누적 8248만 시청시간" ['The Glory' Netflix's non-English TV category ranked first in the weekly... Cumulative 82.48 million viewing hours] (in Korean). News 1. Retrieved January 18, 2023 – via Naver.
- ^ Moore, Kasey (March 15, 2023). "Most Watched Series & Movies on Netflix of All Time (Hours Watched)". What's on Netflix. Retrieved March 15, 2023.
- ^ "The Glory (2022 - 2023)". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved March 18, 2023.
- ^ Joan MacDonald (January 1, 2023). "A Scarred Song Hye-Kyo Exacts K-Drama Revenge In 'The Glory'". Forbes. Archived from the original on January 3, 2023. Retrieved January 3, 2023.
- ^ Lakshana N Palat (January 2, 2023). "The Glory review: Brilliant Song Hye-kyo plunges into the abyss and takes you down with her in this disturbing revenge drama". The Indian Express. Retrieved January 2, 2023.
- ^ Vognar, Chris (December 27, 2022). "Review: Netflix South Korean drama 'The Glory' turns revenge into sweet art". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved January 23, 2023.
- ^ Jonathon Wilson (December 30, 2022). "The Glory Season 1 Review – a solid, sometimes uncomfortable revenge drama". Ready Steady Cut. Archived from the original on January 3, 2023. Retrieved January 3, 2023.
- ^ Pierce Conran (January 6, 2023). "Netflix K-drama review: The Glory – Song Hye-kyo plays a bullying victim bent on revenge who discovers new passions in life". South China Morning Post. Retrieved January 6, 2023.