The Mr. Peabody & Sherman Show
From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|The Mr. Peabody & Sherman Show|
|Based on||Peabody's Improbable History|
by Ted Key
|Directed by||John Sanford|
|Theme music composer||Eric Goldman and Michael Corcoran|
|Opening theme||The Mr. Peabody & Sherman Show Theme Song|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||4|
|No. of episodes||52 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producers||David P. Smith|
|Running time||23 minutes|
|Production companies||DHX Media Vancouver (animation)|
Jay Ward Productions
DreamWorks Animation Television
|Distributor||NBCUniversal Television Distribution|
|Original release||October 9, 2015 –|
April 21, 2017
The Mr. Peabody & Sherman Show is an American animated streaming television series that is produced by DreamWorks Animation and Jay Ward Productions. The series is based on the 1960s segments, called "Peabody's Improbable History", that aired as part of The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends, and the 2014 film, Mr. Peabody & Sherman, which was also produced by DreamWorks Animation. The series premiered on October 9, 2015, on Netflix. The second season was released on March 18, 2016. The third season was released on October 21, 2016. The fourth season was released on April 21, 2017.
The series is digitally hand-drawn, with the Vancouver-based DHX Media providing the animation. Mr. Peabody is voiced by Chris Parnell, while Max Charles reprises his role as Sherman from the film. Originally, according to The Animation Guild, I.A.T.S.E. Local 839, 78 episodes of the television series have been ordered, but only 52 episodes were aired.
The series debuted in the United States on Universal Kids on April 8, 2018.
Mr. Peabody and his son Sherman host a live TV variety show out of their Manhattan penthouse, with various historical figures as their guests that are brought to them through the WABAC time machine. Half of the show is in a variety show format, with the other half being time travel adventures formatted like the original "Peabody's Improbable History" segments from the 1950s and 60s.
This show also introduces new characters like the robotic Orchoptitron, the building manager Mr. Hobson, the notary Mrs. Hughes, and Peabody's downstairs neighbors Christine Bluestone and the Yakamora family.
|1||13||October 9, 2015|
|2||13||March 18, 2016|
|3||13||October 21, 2016|
|4||13||April 21, 2017|
- Chris Parnell as Hector J. Peabody
- Max Charles as Sherman
- Da'Vine Joy Randolph as Christine Bluestone, Abby Fisher
- Dieter Jansen as Mr. Calvert Hobson and Bird Baby
- Sunil Malhotra as Sweet Tune Swami
- David P. Smith as Mrs. Arugula Hughes, Orchoptitron, and Orville Wright
- Josh Keaton as Mr. Yakamora, Edgar Allan Poe, Wilbur Wright, Julius Caesar and others
- Kari Wahlgren as Mrs. Yakamora, Maria Garcia, Annie Oakley, Joan of Arc, Queen Elizabeth I, Hatshepsut, Ada Lovelace, Lucy Walker, and others
Special guest stars
- Brian Baumgartner as Hotu Matu'a
- Flula Borg as Joe Troplong
- Gary Busey as Future Mr. Peabody
- Margaret Cho as Hua Mulan
- Bob Dorough as James Madison
- Stephen Fry as Uncle Duke
- Jared Harris as Bigfoot
- Daniel Henney as Akashi Shiganosuke
- Jane Lynch as Bernadette Steel
- Missi Pyle as Catherine the Great
- Jeff Ross as Aristophanes
- Fred Stoller as Peter Cooper
- Fred Tatasciore as Leif Erikson
- Reggie Watts as Rejgie
- Nolan North as Marco Polo
In some episodes there is a musical guest.
- Wordsworth & Prince Paul in Stuck/Mozart
- Jukebox the Ghost in Black Hole/Winston Churchill
- Ra Ra Riot in Peabody's Parents/Galileo
- JD McPherson in Outbreak/Ancient Greek Games
- Katie Herzig in World Records/Hotu Matu'a
- JD Sampson in Telethon/Enrico Caruso
- Hammered Satin in Peabody's Delivery/Joe vs. the Peabody and Sherman
- The Family Crest in The Perfect Perfect Show Again Again/Abraham Lincoln
Chris Parnell replaced Ty Burrell as the voice of Mr. Peabody from the 2014 film Mr. Peabody & Sherman. He auditioned for the role about a year and a half before the series' premiere. Trying to replicate Bill Scott's voice from the original cartoons as close as possible, he prepared by watching the 1960s show, and ended up doing his own interpretation of the character.
|The Mr. Peabody and Sherman Show (Original Soundtrack)|
|Film score by |
Eric Goldman and Michael Corcoran (aka The Outfit)
|Released||October 2, 2015 (Digital)|
December, 2015 (CD)
A soundtrack for the first season of the series was released digitally on October 2, 2015, and was released on CD in December 2015. Published by Lakeshore Records, the album features original score and the opening theme song by Eric Goldman and Michael Corcoran (aka The Outfit), and new original songs by Jukebox the Ghost, JD McPherson, Wordsworth and Prince Paul, and Ra Ra Riot., along with original songs performed by the cast of the series.
|1.||"Peabody and Sherman Theme Song"||The Outfit||0:36|
|2.||"Firsts Song"||Greg Whipple, Chris Parnell & Max Charles||0:43|
|3.||"Through the Battle of Waterloo"||The Outfit||0:25|
|4.||"Cooking the Caveman Way"||The Outfit||0:40|
|5.||"Ferris Wheel"||Wordsworth & Prince Paul||2:51|
|6.||"How to Be a Kid"||The Outfit||0:41|
|7.||"Mozart's Remix Suite"||The Outfit||0:57|
|8.||"Christine's Song"||Da'Vine Joy Randolph||1:07|
|9.||"Wright Brothers Suite"||The Outfit||1:32|
|10.||"Taco Pudding"||Max Charles & Chris Parnell||0:35|
|11.||"Laika Rap"||Max Charles & Chris Parnell||0:45|
|12.||"Churchill Suite"||The Outfit||1:53|
|13.||"Black Hole"||Jukebox the Ghost||2:38|
|14.||"Time to Get Colonial"||The Outfit||1:30|
|15.||"Back Together"||Zachary Hexum & Lauren Vogel||0:26|
|16.||"The Kraken Suite"||The Outfit||0:52|
|18.||"The Gang Runs with the Bulls"||The Outfit||1:00|
|19.||"Captain Robert Falcon Scott"||Ra Ra Riot||2:34|
|20.||"Mark Twain Suite"||The Outfit||1:11|
|21.||"Here Comes the Bride Remix"||The Outfit||0:42|
|22.||"Wedding Day"||Max Charles, Chris Parnell & Da'Vine Joy Randolph||1:15|
|23.||"In the Windmill"||The Outfit||0:57|
|24.||"John Sutter Suite"||The Outfit||0:54|
|25.||"Aerobics Song"||Max Charles & Chris Parnell||0:49|
|26.||"Californada Interlude"||Randy Crenshaw||0:17|
|27.||"Let the Games Begin"||The Outfit||0:31|
|28.||"Take It to the Top"||Jess Harnell||0:53|
|29.||"Crazy Horse"||JD McPherson||2:00|
|30.||"See Ya Next Time"||The Outfit||0:31|
|2016||Annie Awards||Outstanding Achievement, Character Design in an Animated TV/Broadcast Production||Chris Mitchell and Keiko Murayama (for "New Sponsor/ Cleopatra")||Nominated|
|Outstanding Achievement, Production Design in an Animated TV/Broadcast Production||Kevin Dart, Sylvia Liu, Chris Turnham and Eastwood Wong (for "Peabody's Parents/Galileo")||Won|
|Daytime Emmy Awards||Outstanding Children's Animated Program||Nominated|
|Outstanding Directing in an Animated Program||Mike Bell, Greg Miller, John Sanford||Nominated|
|2017||Annie Awards||Outstanding Achievement, Production Design in an Animated Television Broadcast Production||Kevin Dart, Sylvia Liu, Chris Turnham and Eastwood Wong (for "The Wrath of Hughes")||Nominated|
|Outstanding Achievement, Voice Acting in an Animated Television/Broadcast Production||Carlos Alazraqui (for "Ponce de León")||Won|
|Daytime Emmy Awards||Outstanding Children's Animated Program||Nominated|
|Outstanding Directing in an Animated Program||Greg Miller||Nominated|
|Outstanding Original Song||"Morse Code" by Katie Herzig||Nominated|
|Outstanding Individual Achievement in Animation||Kevin Dart, art director (for "The Wrath Of Hughes")||Won|
|Eastwood Wong, background painter (for "Pea Dummy/Mary Anning")||Won|
- "The Mr. Peabody & Sherman Show - Season 1 (Season 1)". British Board of Film Classification. Retrieved October 10, 2015.
- Spangler, Todd (August 6, 2015). "Netflix Reboots 'Mr. Peabody and Sherman' in Series from DreamWorks Animation (Exclusive)". Variety. Retrieved October 3, 2015.
- Gallgher, Brian (March 2016). "Mr. Peabody and Sherman Show Season 2 Preview with Jane Lynch". MovieWeb. Retrieved 21 August 2016.
- Robinson, Joanna (September 23, 2016). "What's New on Netflix in October—and What to Watch Before It Disappears". Vanity Fair. Retrieved September 25, 2016.
- Perez, Lexy (April 19, 2017). "Watch an Exclusive Clip From Netflix's 'The Mr. Peabody & Sherman Show' Season 4". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved April 26, 2017.
- Weiland, Jonah (October 7, 2015). "CBR TV: Chris Parnell Finds the Voice of Mr. Peabody for New Animated Series". Comic Book Resources. Retrieved October 14, 2015.
- Krakower Poling PR (September 18, 2015). "PR: The Mr. Peabody and Sherman Show soundtrack" (Press release). Tumblr. Archived from the original on October 5, 2015. Retrieved September 19, 2015.
- Trunick, Austin (September 23, 2015). "Premiere: Jukebox the Ghost - "Black Hole" (from Netflix's Mr. Peabody and Sherman)". Under the Radar. Retrieved October 1, 2015.
- D'Alessandro, Anthony (December 1, 2015). "Annie Awards Noms: 'Inside Out', 'Anomalisa', 'Shaun The Sheep', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Peanuts ' Up For Best Feature". Deadline. Retrieved December 24, 2015.
- Castleman, Lana (March 28, 2016). "Daytime Emmy Award nominees announced". Kidscreen. Retrieved August 21, 2016.
- Flores, Terry (November 28, 2016). "'Zootopia' Tops Annie Awards Nominations, 'Kubo and the Two Strings' in Close Second". Variety. Retrieved December 3, 2016.
- "Six Animators To Be Honored at Daytime Emmy Awards". Animation World Network. March 17, 2017. Retrieved April 26, 2017.
- Wolfe, Jennifer (April 3, 2017). "DreamWorks Animation Racks Up 21 Daytime Emmy Nominations". Animation World Network. Retrieved April 26, 2017.