The Ultimatum: Marry or Move On
From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|The Ultimatum: Marry or Move On|
|Created by||Chris Coelen|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of series||1|
|No. of episodes||10|
|Running time||39–58 minutes|
|Production company||Kinetic Content|
|Original release||April 6, 2022 –|
The Ultimatum: Marry or Move On is a dating reality television series produced by Kinetic Content and created by Chris Coelen that premiered on Netflix on April 6, 2022. The show is hosted by Nick and Vanessa Lachey.
The Ultimatum is a self-proclaimed social experiment that wants to see how many couples will get married when presented with ultimatums. The show features six couples on the verge of marriage. Each pair has eight weeks to decide whether they want to get married or split forever. Couples will later be split up as they choose new partners from the rest of the group, and then move in with them for three weeks.
|April Marie||23||Jake Cunningham||26|
|Colby Kissinger||25||Madlyn Ballatori||24|
|Rae Williams||24||Zay Wilson||25|
|Shanique Imari||24||Randall Griffen||26|
|Alexis Maloney||25||Hunter Parr||28|
|Nate Ruggles||30||Lauren Pounds||29|
Season 1 (2022)
|Male contestant||Female contestant||Result|
|Jake Cunningham||Rae Williams||Relationship[a]|
|Colby Kissinger||April Marie||Split|
|Zay Wilson||Shanique Imari||Split|
|Randall Griffen||Madlyn Ballatori||Split|
|Jake and April||Split||Split|
|Colby and Madlyn||Married||Married|
|Zay and Rae||Split||Split|
|Randall and Shanique||Engaged||Relationship|
|Hunter and Alexis||Engaged[b]||Married|
|Nate and Lauren||Engaged[b]||Married|
|No.||Title ||Original release date |
|1||"The Split"||April 6, 2022|
|2||"The Choice"||April 6, 2022|
|3||"New Bed, New Partner"||April 6, 2022|
|4||"Girls & Guys Night Out"||April 6, 2022|
|5||"Pushing Boundaries"||April 6, 2022|
|6||"The Changeover"||April 6, 2022|
|7||"Back to Reality"||April 6, 2022|
|8||"Time to Answer the Ultimatum"||April 6, 2022|
|9||"Ultimatum Day"||April 13, 2022|
|10||"The Reunion"||April 13, 2022|
While never explicitly stated, season one of the series was filmed in Austin, Texas, in various locations. The first week the contestants spent dating each other was filmed at the Marriott Downtown Hotel in the city, while the rest of the series was filmed at the Aloft Austin Downtown Hotel.
Filming started in May 2021 and lasted for eight weeks with the reunion being filmed later.
The first season consisting of eight episodes released to Netflix on April 6, 2022, and later released the final episode along with a reunion special on April 13, a week later.
Grant Rindner of GQ stated "critical reception has been mixed." Sarah Manavis of New Statesman was highly critical of the show, writing, "The awfulness of marriage shows is on full display here... The premise is shoddy and unclear, especially in comparison to other dating programmes." Sophia June of Nylon wrote no one from the series should get married based on the premise and "the manipulation techniques". Morgan Smith of Highsnobiety called it the "messiest reality dating show we hate to love" and stated he loved it.
The series reached number one on Netflix in television shows in the United States on April 10, 2022.
- Longeretta, Emily (March 4, 2022). "'Love Is Blind' Creators Reveal Spicy New Dating Series 'The Ultimatum' on Netflix: Watch the Trailer". Variety. Retrieved March 9, 2022.
- Longeretta, Emily (March 24, 2022). "'The Ultimatum' Renewed for All-Queer Season 2 Ahead of Netflix Premiere". Variety. Retrieved April 6, 2022.
- Honore, Pretty (13 April 2022). "When Was 'The Ultimatum: Marry or Move On' Reunion Filmed?". Distractify. Retrieved 17 April 2022.
- Walsh, Charlotte. "'The Ultimatum' Is Putting Couples to the Test". Netflix. Retrieved 17 April 2022.
- "Meet the Couples Looking for Answers in 'The Ultimatum'". Netflix Tudum. Retrieved 2022-04-13.
- Hatchett, Keisha (13 April 2022). "The Ultimatum Finale Recap: Congrats, I Guess — Plus, Who Stayed Together?". TVLine. Retrieved 17 April 2022.
- Woo, Kelly (14 April 2022). "The Ultimatum season 1 finale and cast reunion: Which couples are still together?". Tom's Guide. Retrieved 17 April 2022.
- George, Crystal (4 March 2022). "The Ultimatum release date, episode count, hosts, synopsis, teaser, and more". Netflix Life.
- Kranc, Lauren (12 April 2022). "Here's Where They Filmed Netflix's Insane Reality Show The Ultimatum". Esquire. Retrieved 17 April 2022.
- Rindner, Grant (April 12, 2022). "The Ultimatum Is Netflix's Latest Crazy Reality Dating Show". GQ. Retrieved April 27, 2022.
- June, Sophia. "Nobody on Netflix's The Ultimatum Should Get Married". Nylon. Retrieved April 27, 2022.
- Smith, Morgan (April 17, 2022). "Netflix's 'The Ultimatum' is Messy & That's Why We Love It". Highsnobiety. Retrieved April 27, 2022.
- "The Ultimatum: Marry or Move On TOP 10". FlixPatrol. Retrieved 17 April 2022.
- The couple split after leaving the show.
- The couple left the show early after they got engaged in Episode 3.