Together at Home
From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|One World: Together at Home|
|Created by||Global Citizen|
|Written by||Global Citizen|
|Running time||120 minutes|
|Production company||Global Citizen|
|Original release||April 18, 2020|
|Related shows||Global Goal: Unite for Our Future|
One World: Together at Home (also known as Together at Home) is a benefit concert that was organized by Global Citizen of New York City and curated by singer Lady Gaga, in support of the World Health Organization. The special was intended to promote the practice of social distancing while staying together during the COVID-19 pandemic.
On April 18, 2020, a six-hour pre-show was streamed online immediately prior to the television global broadcast. The online portion of the event was hosted through YouTube by actress and presenter Jameela Jamil (first hour), actor Matthew McConaughey (second hour), actress Danai Gurira (third hour), singer Becky G (fourth hour), actress Laverne Cox (fifth hour) and actor Don Cheadle (sixth hour). It featured appearances from numerous celebrities.
Participants of concert series
- Alex Gaskarth
- Alissa White-Gluz
- Amy Lee
- Amy Shark
- Anthony Hamilton
- Camila Cabello
- Carla Morrison
- Caroline Hjelt
- Charlie Puth
- Chris Martin
- Dermot Kennedy
- Elize Ryd
- G Flip
- Gloria Gaynor
- Guy Sebastian
- Jack Johnson
- James Bay
- Jason Mraz
- John Legend
- Jon Batiste
- Joshua Bassett
- Julianne Hough
- Liam Payne
- Lindsey Stirling
- Meghan Trainor
- Niall Horan
- Nikki Yanofsky
- Noah Cyrus
- Rod and Ruby Stewart
- Rufus Wainwright
- Simone Simons
- Tarja Turunen
- Vance Joy
- Wesley Schultz
- Within Temptation
- Years & Years
- Ziggy Marley
The television special, titled One World: Together at Home, was curated in collaboration between Global Citizen and singer-songwriter Lady Gaga, which benefited the World Health Organization's COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund. Jimmy Fallon, Jimmy Kimmel, and Stephen Colbert hosted the show, which was a syndicated broadcast that aired on April 18, 2020. The special was also simulcast on select U.S. cable television networks, streaming platforms, and international broadcast networks. In the UK, the show was hosted by Clara Amfo, Dermot O'Leary and Claudia Winkleman and was broadcast on BBC One. The special was broadcast on CBS, ABC, NBC and other global networks and platforms.
During the six-hour online pre-show
Musical performances (in order of appearance)
Appearances (in order of appearance)
|Jameela Jamil||Actress and presenter||Hour 1 host|
|Heidi Klum||Model and television personality|
|Tim Gunn||Fashion consultant and television personality|
|Jack Black||Actor and musician|
|Tijjani Muhammad-Bande||President of the United Nations General Assembly|
|Matthew McConaughey||Actor||Hour 2 host|
|John Legend||Singer||Musical performer on televised broadcast|
|Sarah Jessica Parker||Actress|
|Erna Solberg||Prime Minister of Norway|
|David Beckham||Footballer||Also appeared in televised portion|
|Danai Gurira||Actress||Hour 3 host|
|Lewis Hamilton||Formula One World Champion|
|Lilly Singh||YouTuber and television host|
|Becky G||Singer||Hour 4 host|
|Babajide Sanwo-Olu||Lagos State Governor|
|Claudia Sheinbaum||Mayor of Mexico City|
|Sadiq Khan||Mayor of London|
|Bill de Blasio||Mayor of New York City|
|Greg Fischer||Mayor of Louisville|
|P. K. Subban||Ice hockey player|
|Nomzamo Mbatha||Actress||Introduced Sho Madjozi|
|Laverne Cox||Actress and advocate||Hour 5 host|
|T. D. Jakes||Bishop and writer|
|Azza Karam||Secretary General of Religions for Peace|
|Chidanand Saraswati||Religious leader|
|Satpal Singh||Wrestler and coach|
|A. R. Bernard||Pastor|
|Mike Bloomberg||Businessman and philanthropist|
|Olga Sánchez Cordero||Politician|
|Don Cheadle||Actor||Hour 6 host|
|Samuel L. Jackson||Actor|
|Darren Walker||President of Ford Foundation|
|Lady Gaga||Singer||Musical performer on televised broadcast|
During the global television broadcast
Musical performances (in order of appearance)
|Stevie Wonder||"Lean On Me" / "Love's in Need of Love Today"||US|
|Paul McCartney||"Lady Madonna"||UK|
|Elton John||"I'm Still Standing"||UK|
|The Roots featuring Jimmy Fallon||"Safety Dance"||US|
|Chris Martin (previously recorded on Instagram Live)||"Yellow"||UK|
|Shawn Mendes and Camilla Cabello||"What a Wonderful World"||US|
|Eddie Vedder||"River Cross"||US|
|Lizzo||"A Change Is Gonna Come"||US|
|The Rolling Stones||"You Can't Always Get What You Want"||UK|
|Keith Urban||"Higher Love"||US|
|Burna Boy||"African Giant" / "Hallelujah"||Nigeria|
|John Legend and Sam Smith||"Stand by Me"||US and UK|
|Billie Joe Armstrong||"Wake Me Up When September Ends"||US|
|Billie Eilish and Finneas||"Sunny"||US|
|Taylor Swift||"Soon You'll Get Better"||US|
|Lady Gaga, Celine Dion, John Legend, Andrea Bocelli and Lang Lang||"The Prayer"||US/Canada/Italy|
Appearances (in order of appearance)
The television special was broadcast on NBC, ABC, CBS, and The CW in the United States. It was also aired on Spanish-language television network Univisión. The special was also simulcast on networks owned by ViacomCBS (BET, BET Her, CMT, Comedy Central, Logo TV, MTV, MTV2, MTV Classic, MTV Live, Nickelodeon, Paramount Network, Pop, Tr3s, TV Land, and VH1), NBCUniversal (Bravo, E!, MSNBC, NBCSN, Syfy, Universo and USA Network), Walt Disney Television (Freeform and National Geographic), Katz Broadcasting (Bounce TV and Laff), Bloomberg Television, and on AXS TV. iHeartMedia also participated in the broadcast.
In the United Kingdom, the BBC commissioned a Britain-centric broadcast of One World: Together at Home that aired on BBC One on Sunday 19 April at 7:15pm, presented by BBC Radio personalities Clara Amfo, Claudia Winkleman and Dermot O'Leary. Produced for the BBC by Twofour, it featured additional performances from the acts featured in the main special along with exclusive performances from UK acts such as Little Mix and interviews with, and surprises for, front line workers. In Ireland, RTÉ (like the BBC) aired a unique version of One World: Together at Home fronted by comedienne and influencer Dorieann Garrihy and TV presenter Eoghan McDermott.
- Africa: BET, Comedy Central, MTV Africa, MTV Base and Vuzu
- Albania: RTSH 2
- Argentina: Telefe, Comedy Central, MTV, MTV Hits, Paramount Network, VH1, VH1 HD, VH1 MegaHits, TNT, AXN, Sony Channel and National Geographic.
- Australia: Network 10, Seven Network, National Geographic, MTV Australia, E! (Australia) and beIN Sports
- Austria: Comedy Central
- Belgium: Eén, Q2, and MTV
- Bolivia: TNT
- Brazil: Rede Globo, Multishow, Comedy Central, MTV, Paramount Network, VH1 HD, VH1 MegaHits, TNT, AXN, and Sony Channel
- Bulgaria: Nova
- Cambodia: beIN Sports
- Canada: CTV, CTV 2, Citytv, Global, CBC, Ici Radio-Canada Télé, ABC Spark, CP24, Much, MTV, National Geographic, TSN, Vrak, iHeartRadio Canada, Kiss Radio, Virgin Radio and CBC Music
- Caribbean: Digicel and TNT
- Central America: TNT, AXN, and Sony Channel
- Chile: Chilevisión, TNT, AXN, and Sony Channel
- Colombia: Caracol Televisión, Comedy Central, MTV, MTV Hits, Paramount Network, VH1 HD, VH1 MegaHits, TNT, AXN, and Sony Channel
- Czech Republic: Prima Comedy Central
- Denmark: TV 2, VH1 and Paramount Network
- East Timor: beIN Sports
- Ecuador: TNT
- Europe: MTV, VH1 and VH1 Classic
- Finland: Yle TV2, Yle Areena and Paramount Network
- France: France 2, France 4, beIN Sports, BET, CStar, MTV, MTV Hits, W9, France Inter and RTL2
- Germany: ZDFneo, RTL, MTV and Comedy Central
- Hong Kong: Joox, TVB Finance & Information Channel, Hong Kong International Business Channel and beIN Sports
- Hungary: RTL Spike, MTV and Comedy Central
- India: AXN, Colors Infinity, Comedy Central, Sony Liv, Sony Pix and VH1
- Indonesia: beIN Sports
- Israel: MTV
- Italy: Rai 1, Rai Radio 2, MTV, VH1, Comedy Central, MTV Music and National Geographic
- Ireland: RTÉ2 and RTÉ 2FM
- Japan: Fuji TV
- Laos: beIN Sports
- Malaysia: beIN Sports
- Mexico: Comedy Central, MTV, MTV Hits, Paramount Network, VH1, VH1 HD, VH1 MegaHits, AXN, and Sony Channel
- Middle East: beIN Sports
- Myanmar: Canal+ Gita
- Netherlands: MTV
- New Zealand: beIN Sports and MTV
- Norway: TV 2
- Paraguay: TNT
- Peru: TNT
- Philippines: beIN Sports
- Poland: Canal+, MTV, Paramount Channel and Comedy Central
- Portugal: TVI
- Romania: MTV and Comedy Central
- Russia: MTV
- Singapore: MediaCorp Channel 5, meWatch.sg and beIN Sports
- South Africa: Vuzu
- South Korea: SBS MTV and National Geographic
- Southeast Asia: Comedy Central, MTV, Paramount Channel and National Geographic
- Spain: La 1 and MTV
- Sweden: SVT1, TV4 and Paramount Network
- Switzerland: MTV and Comedy Central
- Thailand: beIN Sports
- Turkey: National Geographic and beIn Sports
- United Arab Emirates: Dubai TV
- United Kingdom: BBC One, Channel 5, MTV, MTV Music, Club MTV, MTV Hits, MTV Rocks, MTV Base and MTV OMG
- Uruguay: TNT
- Venezuela: TNT, AXN, and Sony Channel
- Vietnam: K+ NS
The special was also available on several digital platforms such as Apple, Facebook, Instagram, LiveXLive, Prime Video, Tidal, TuneIn, Twitch, Twitter, Roblox, Yahoo!, and YouTube. It was planned that Alibaba Youku and Tencent would make streaming in China, but that never happened with no reason made known.
|Nick at Nite||0.33|
One World: Together at Home spurred sales gains for the songs performed as part of the event. On April 18, 2020, the songs performed on the show sold more than 12,000 digital downloads—a gain of 735% versus April 17, 2020. The most notable sellers from the two-hour television special were Taylor Swift's "Soon You'll Get Better", Maluma's "Carnaval" and Kacey Musgraves' "Rainbow", as they together accounted for 42% of the total song sales generated by the show. The songs performed during the pre-show broadcast generated 6,000 in sales—up 75% from April 17, 2020.
On April 19, it was reported that the special raised nearly $128 million for coronavirus health care workers. Raising $127 million "puts it on par with the other legendary fundraiser, Live Aid, as the highest grossing charity concert in history," says Forbes. Instead of private individuals, funds were raised from corporations and institutions such as Bloomberg Philanthropies and the Rockefeller Foundation.
Guinness World Records announced on May 22 that the global broadcast special set records for the most musical acts to perform at a remote music festival and the most money raised for charity by a remote music festival. Craig Glenday, Guinness World Records Editor-in-Chief, said in a statement: "The One World: Together at Home special was an extraordinary response to an extraordinary situation. It demonstrates vividly how the power of music can unite us all and help us through challenging times. It's an honor to be able to officially recognize this unforgettable, 'I-Was-There' event as a record-breaker. Congratulations - and thank you - to everyone involved.” 
One World: Together at Home inspired Japanese rock band Luna Sea to design and host a similar event in Japan. Music Aid Fest. ~For Post Pandemic~ aired on Fuji TV One on May 31, 2020 and featured live remotely recorded performances by over 25 artists, including Miyavi, Koda Kumi, Ellegarden, Char and Glim Spanky, to elicit monetary donations to support medical workers and others on the frontline of the COVID-19 pandemic.
One World: Impact
One World: Impact is a six-episode digital series that shows how things have gone two months after One World: Together at Home.
Global Goal: Unite for Our Future
Global Goal: Unite for Our Future was a summit that aimed to highlight the disproportionate impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on marginalized communities. The accompanying music concert took place on June 27, 2020, presented by Dwayne Johnson with performances by Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, and Shakira, among others. The concert aired on television in countries such as Germany and Australia. The patron of the cause is Ursula von der Leyen (President of the European Commission).
- iHeart Living Room Concert for America
- Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the music industry
- Live Aid
- "Living in a Ghost Town", a single released by The Rolling Stones shortly after their performance here and also featuring a music video about the effects of quarantine
- Saturday Night Seder
- Stronger Together, Tous Ensemble
Notes and references
- White, Peter (April 14, 2020). "Taylor Swift, Ellen DeGeneres, Awkwafina & Others Join Coronavirus Relief TV Special Airing On Big 3 & Other Networks – Update".
- Willman, Chris (April 16, 2020). "How Lady Gaga's 'War Room' Helped Global Citizen's 'Together at Home' Special Come Together in a Flash".
- Clements, Laura (March 20, 2020). "The best live streamed gigs to watch at home during coronavirus". walesonline.
- "#TogetherAtHome". Global Citizen. March 26, 2020.
- "Here Are All the Live Streams & Virtual Concerts to Watch During Coronavirus Crisis (Updating)". Billboard. March 30, 2020.
- "Coronavirus: Ongoing List of Virtual Concerts & Livestreams". Billboard. May 27, 2020.
- "'Together At Home' Series Showcases Music's Limitless Abilities". The Daily Utah Chronicle. March 26, 2020.
- "All Time Low's Frontman Plays Old Hits and New Album for 'Together At Home' Series". April 9, 2020.
- "Arch Enemy frontwoman Alissa White-Gluz cover of The Beatles on Global Citizen". April 19, 2020.
- "ICYMI: Here's Everyone Who Performed Live for 'Together At Home' This Weekend". Global Citizen. Retrieved Apr 1, 2020.
- "Amy Shark announces livestream concert for Together At Home series". NME.
- "Anne-Marie Took Us Through Her Biggest Hits During Virtual 'Together At Home' Concert". March 26, 2020.
- "Anthony Hamilton Goes Live on Instagram For "Together at Home" Concert". April 19, 2020.
- Willman, Chris (March 20, 2020). "Shawn Mendes, Camila Cabello to Do Spur-of-the-Moment Joint Live-Stream Performance".
- "Singer Carla Morrison Covered Rihanna in Emotive 'Together At Home' Performance". Global Citizen.
- "SIcona Pop DJs a Spa Rave for 'Together At Home' Series". Global Citizen.
- "Watch Charlie Puth perform online concert as part of Together at Home series". EW.com.
- Blistein, Jon; Legaspi, Althea (March 20, 2020). "Common Performs Classics, Freestyles During 'Together at Home' Concert".
- "Koffee Pulls Off Impromptu Singalongs for 'Together At Home' Concert". Global Citizen. Retrieved April 16, 2020.
- "Watch AMARANTHE's ELIZE RYD And OLOF MÖRCK Perform 'Stand By Me' And 'I Will Survive' Covers". Blabbermouth. Retrieved April 16, 2020.
- "Australia's Own Guy Sebastian, Vance Joy and G Flip Join 'Together At Home' With Virtual Concerts". Global Citizen.
- "Gloria Gaynor Inspires With a Riveting Livestream Performance for 'Together at Home'". April 2, 2020.
- "H.E.R. Played an Intimate Acoustic Set for 'Together At Home' Virtual Series". March 26, 2020.
- "Singer Jack Johnson participates in Together at Home series for World Health Organization amid coronavirus pandemic". March 31, 2020.
- "Jason Mraz Brought His Fans a Little Joy in 'Together At Home' Performance". April 16, 2020.
- "Check Out These Never-Before-Seen Images of 'Insecure' Season Four". Retrieved Apr 1, 2020.
- Aswad, Jem (March 17, 2020). "Watch John Legend's 'Together at Home' Livestreamed Concert".
- "Jon Batiste Improvised a Sensational Jazz Set for 'Together At Home' Performance". March 26, 2020.
- "JOSHUA BASSETT RELEASES DEBUT SINGLE "COMMON SENSE" (OFFICIAL LYRIC VIDEO)". Frontrowliveent. Retrieved April 16, 2020.
- Willman, Chris (March 20, 2020). "Friday's Music Live-Streams: Hozier, OneRepublic, Bela Fleck, UltraFest and More".
- "Koffee joins Global Citizens and World Health Organization for Together at Home Live Series". April 3, 2020.
- "Meghan Trainor Performs Beautiful Coldplay Cover for 'Together At Home' Series". April 13, 2020. Retrieved April 13, 2020.
- "Nikki Yanofsky 'Together At Home' Instagram Live Performance". March 20, 2020.
- "Noah Cyrus Went A Cappella for 'Together At Home' Instagram Live Performance". March 26, 2020.
- "Singer-songwriter Nomfusi Ngonyama is going live in support of Global Citizen. Tune in for her uplifting music". Do317. Retrieved April 16, 2020.
- "Rod Stewart and Daughter Ruby Play Beloved Classics for 'Together At Home' Series". Global Citizen.
- "Rufus Wainwright joins 'Together at Home' virtual gig series". March 21, 2020.
- "Simone Simons • La chanteuse d'EPICA en concert acoustique". HARD FORCE (in French). April 12, 2020. Retrieved 2021-02-26.
- "TARJA TURUNEN Performs Live Show On INSTAGRAM As Part Of #TogetherAtHome Series (Video)". Blabbermouth.net. March 29, 2020. Retrieved March 29, 2020.
- "The Lumineers Frontman Played a Soulful Acoustic Set for 'Together At Home' Series". Global Citizen.
- "WITHIN TEMPTATION Performs Live Show On INSTAGRAM As Part Of #TogetherAtHome Series (Video)". Blabbermouth.net. March 25, 2020. Retrieved March 25, 2020.
- "Ziggy Marley One Of Many Stars Participating In Live Stream As Many Work From Home". April 1, 2020.
- "WHO and Global Citizen announce: 'One World: Together at home' Global Special to support healthcare workers in the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic". World Health Organization. April 6, 2020. Retrieved April 9, 2020.
- "5 'One World: Together At Home' Stars You Can Only Watch on BBC One This Sunday". Global Citizen.
- Feldman, Kate (April 19, 2020). "'One World: Together At Home' concert raises $128M for coronavirus health care workers". New York Daily News. Retrieved April 20, 2020.
- "One World: Together at Home". NBC.com. Retrieved 2020-04-21.
- "Eason Chan performs "Love" One World: Together At Home". April 19, 2020.
- "Jacky Cheung performs "Touch of Love" One World: Together At Home". April 19, 2020.
- "ViacomCBS Networks to Air ONE WORLD: TOGETHER AT HOME on April 18". CMT. April 7, 2020. Retrieved April 9, 2020.
- "'One World: Together at Home' Telecast Will Span Major Networks, Feature Lady Gaga, Paul McCartney, Lizzo, Billie Eilish, More". Variety. April 6, 2020. Retrieved April 9, 2020.
- "How You Can Tune Into 'One World: Together At Home' Wherever You Are in the World". Global Citizen. April 16, 2020. Retrieved April 17, 2020.
- "AXS TV to Broadcast 'One World: Together At Home,' Presented by Global Citizen & The World Health Organization, Airing Live & Commercial-Free on April 18 at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT". Broadcasting & Cable. April 8, 2020. Retrieved April 9, 2020.
- "BBC - Clara Amfo, Claudia Winkleman and Dermot O'Leary to present BBC One coverage of One World: Together At Home - Media Centre". www.bbc.co.uk. 16 April 2020. Retrieved 19 April 2020.
- "RTÉ to simulcast One World Together at Home concert". RTÉ. 16 April 2020. Retrieved 17 April 2020.
- ""Together At Home", koncerti me emrat më të famshëm botëror të muzikës, sonte në orën 18.30 në RTSH 2". Radio Televizioni Shqiptar. 19 April 2020.
- "Corus Entertainment and Rogers Sports & Media Join Bell Media to Bring Canadians the Historic ONE WORLD: TOGETHER AT HOME Concert Canadian Broadcast as Additional Artists Announced for Worldwide Special, April 18". The Lede. 14 April 2020. Retrieved 18 April 2020.
- Bureau, Eric (10 April 2020). ""One World : Together At Home" : France 2 diffusera le show caritatif de Lady Gaga". Le Parisien (in French). Retrieved 10 April 2020.
- "Koronavírus: Magyarok is láthatják a One World: Together at Home című műsort". media1.hu. April 16, 2020. Archived from the original on April 19, 2020. Retrieved April 19, 2020.
- "Stay home and catch the historic event headlined by Lady Gaga, Chris Martin, John Legend and Jimmy Fallon and many more!". Facebook. Retrieved 12 April 2020.
- "One World: Together at Home". Facebook. Retrieved 18 April 2020.
- "'I'm proud to be Emirati': Hussain Al Jassmi says during One World Together at Home concert". The National.
- "BBC One secures the first UK television broadcast of One World: Together At Home - a special event from Global Citizen and the World Health Organisation, curated in collaboration with Lady Gaga". BBC. 6 April 2020.
- "Top Programs – Total Canada (English)" (PDF). Numeris. April 28, 2020. Archived (PDF) from the original on April 28, 2020. Retrieved April 28, 2020.
- Metcalf, Mitch (April 21, 2020). "Top 150 Saturday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 4.18.2020". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved April 28, 2020.
- Caulfield, Keith (2020-04-19). "'One World: Together at Home' Concert Yields Sales Gains for Taylor Swift, Kacey Musgraves & More". Billboard. Retrieved 2020-04-19.
- Williams, Ollie. "The Story Behind The World's Biggest Charity Concert: What Was It All For?". Forbes.
- "One World: Together at Home makes history by breaking two records as part of pandemic relief efforts". Guinness World Records. May 22, 2020.
- "LUNA SEAのSUGIZOとINORANが語る「連帯」と「愛情". Rolling Stone Japan (in Japanese). 2020-05-30. Retrieved 2020-05-30.
- "LUNA SEAホスト特番にエルレ、倖田來未、西川貴教、オーラル、打首ら出演". Natalie (in Japanese). 2020-05-21. Retrieved 2020-05-29.
- One World: Impact, Episode 1, retrieved 2020-06-12
- Ramos, Dino-Ray (June 22, 2020). "Dwayne Johnson To Host Global Citizen's 'Global Goal: Unite For Our Future – The Concert'; Jennifer Hudson, Billy Porter, Charlize Theron And More To Appear". Deadline. Retrieved April 10, 2021.