Great Valley Products
From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
Great Valley Products is a former third-party Amiga hardware supplier. The company was known for CPU accelerators and SCSI host adapters for the Amiga 500 and Amiga 2000 computer series. The company liquidated itself in July 1995. A new company GVP-M picked up rights to the Amiga products.
Great Valley Products was owned by its managing employees and their family members.
- Gerard Bucas – President
- David Ziembicki Sr. – Vice President of Operations
- Jeff Boyer – Vice President of Engineering
- Gregg Garnick – Vice President of Sales
- Erik Quackenbush – Director of Software Development
- George Rapp – Director of Technical Support
GVP A530 Turbo
GVP A530 Turbo released in 1992 is a processor accelerator, disc controller and PC-286 co-system for Amiga 500.
|Processor:||MC68EC030 @ 40 MHz or 030 @ 40 MHz or 030 @ 50 MHz|
|FPU:||Optional MC68882 (PGA) at the same frequency as the processor.|
|MMU:||None in EC030 version, internal in other versions.|
|Maximum RAM:||8 MByte|
|RAM type:||2 x 64-pin GVP SIMM slots.|
|Disc controller:||AMD AM33C93A, SCSI 50-pin and an external DB25. 3.58 MB/s maximum|
|Option:||CPU 80C286, FPU option 80C287 @ 16 MHz MS-DOS emulator. RAM 512 kB plus access to Amiga RAM up to 8 MB. Video Modes: color CGA, monochrome Hercules, EGA, VGA, T3100 (640x400) and access to Amiga resources.|
|Connections:||Power 5-pin DIN (50W +5V +12V), Bus Zorro II (sideport), SCSI DB25F, Internal SCSI 50-pin IDC|
- Great Valley Products – M New company.
- Amiga Hardware Database – Descriptions, photos, drivers and benchmarks of GVP products.
- amiga-hardware.com – Images of GVP's A530 68030 accelerator
- ^ a b amiga.resource.cx – Amiga Hardware Database – Great Valley Products A530, read 2012-06-10
- ^ a b c amiga.wehost.co.nz – Amiga Products For Sale, 2004-06-24
- ^ bombjack.org – User's guide, Impact Series II, A530 Turbo, 920016-01 October 1992
- ^ a b amiga.resource.cx – Amiga Hardware Database – Great Valley Products PC 286
- ^ amiga.resource.cx – Amiga Hardware Database – Vortex ATonce Plus
- ^ abime.net – A530 power supply connector pinout, 2009-09-09