From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
- Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis or postinfectious encephalomyelitis, a demyelinating disease of the brain and spinal cord, possibly triggered by viral infection.
- Encephalomyelitis disseminata, a synonym for multiple sclerosis.
- AntiMOG associated encephalomyelitis, one of the underlying conditions for the phenotype neuromyelitis optica and in general all the spectrum of MOG autoantibody-associated demyelinating diseases.
- Eastern equine encephalitis, Japanese encephalitis, Venezuelan equine encephalitis, and Western equine encephalitis: a group of viral illnesses that can affect horses and humans; collectively termed Equine encephalitis.
- Experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE), an animal model of brain inflammation.
- Progressive encephalomyelitis with rigidity and myoclonus (PERM) – A kind of stiff person syndrome.
- AIDS-related encephalomyelitis, caused by opportunistic Human T-lymphotropic virus type III (HTLV-III) infection.
- Chronic fatigue syndrome, sometimes called myalgic encephalomyelitis.
- Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis at NIH's Office of Rare Diseases
- Acute Disseminated Encephalomyelitis Information Page at NINDS
- Pröbstel AK et al. Anti-MOG antibodies are present in a subgroup of patients with a neuromyelitis optica phenotype. J Neuroinflammation. 2015 Mar 8;12(1):46.
- Melania Spadaro et al. Histopathology and clinical course of MOG-antibody-associated encephalomyelitis. Annals of Clinical and Translational Neurology Volume 2, Issue 3, pages 295–301, March 2015 doi:10.1002/acn3.164
- Reindl M, Di Pauli F, Rostásy K, Berger T. The spectrum of MOG autoantibody-associated demyelinating diseases. Nat Rev Neurol. 2013 Aug;9(8):455-61. doi:10.1038/nrneurol.2013.118. Epub 2013 Jun 25. PMID 23797245
- S. M. de la Monte, MD, MPH, D. D. Ho, MD, R. T. Schooley, MD, M. S. Hirsch, MD and E. P. Richardson Jr., MD Subacute encephalomyelitis of AIDS and its relation to HTLV‐III infection Neurology April 1987 vol. 37 no. 4 562 doi:10.1212/WNL.37.4.562