The Music Network
From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|First issue||May 1994|
|Company||Radio Today Pty Ltd|
|Based in||Crows Nest, New South Wales|
The Music Network is an Australian magazine launched in 1994 by founder John Woodruff and acquired by Jake Challenor in 2017, who serves as its Publisher & Editor.
The Music Network was founded by John Woodruff in 1994, initially as a paper-based publication for the Australian music industry. This included record labels, media networks, music and DVD retailers, radio and television programmers and music directors, sales representatives, artist managers, music publishers and concert promoters. In January 2009, the magazine was sold to the music marketing and publishing group Peer Group Media, which is under the ownership of Adam Zammit, who replaced Woodruff as the new owner of The Music Network. In March 2009, former Future Entertainment general manager Jade Harley, became the magazine's new managing editor. The Music Network's website re-launched on 8 June 2009, with a new design, logo and layout.
The Music Network is issued weekly and features the latest music news, radio airplay charts and statistics, music sales data for both physical and digital releases, tour and live event information, interviews with local and international artists, as well as information on new singles released to Australian radio, retail and other media outlets. It also publishes the TopSwaps chart which monitors the number of songs downloaded from file-sharing sites each week.
Country Hot 50
The Music Network operates the "TMN Country Hot 50" chart in co-operation with Radio Monitor. The chart includes airplay data and runs Friday to Thursday, with a new chart published every Friday morning. The chart replaced the previous "TMN Country Airplay Chart", and is "the most comprehensive country airplay chart in the history of Australian radio".
- "The Music Network". Musicoz.org. Archived from the original on 21 June 2012.
- "The Music Network Magazine enters a new era". Australasian Performing Right Association (APRA). 13 January 2009. Archived from the original on 21 June 2012.
- "The Music Network Re-Boots For A New Generation!". Peergroupmedia.com. 9 June 2009. Archived from the original on 21 June 2012.
- "About". Themusicnetwork.com. Archived from the original on 21 June 2012. Retrieved 22 June 2012.
- McCabe, Kathy (26 September 2009). "Face the music, thieves". The Daily Telegraph. News Limited. Retrieved 22 June 2012.
- Wilson, Zanda (8 November 2020). "Miranda Lambert tops TMN's all-new Country Hot 50 airplay chart". The Music Network. Retrieved 5 December 2020.