Erin Cressida Wilson
From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
Erin Cressida Wilson
|Born||February 12, 1964|
San Francisco, California, USA
|Occupation||Playwright, screenwriter, author|
|Spouse||J. C. MacKenzie|
Wilson is known for the 2002 film Secretary, which she adapted from a Mary Gaitskill short story. It won her the Independent Spirit Award for Best First Screenplay and holds a rating of 75% on Rotten Tomatoes.
She also wrote the screenplays for the 2006 film Fur: An Imaginary Portrait of Diane Arbus, starring Nicole Kidman; for the 2009 erotic thriller Chloe, directed by Atom Egoyan (remake of the 2003 French film Nathalie...); for the 2014 drama Men, Women & Children, co-written with its director Jason Reitman (from the novel by Chad Kultgen); and the 2016 mystery thriller The Girl on the Train, from the Paula Hawkins novel of the same name and it is her highest-grossing film to date.
Wilson studied Theatre at Smith College, a women's college in Northampton, Massachusetts.
Filmography as screenwriter
- Secretary (2002)
- Fur: An Imaginary Portrait of Diane Arbus (2006)
- Chloe (2009)
- Call Me Crazy: A Five Film (2013)
- Men, Women & Children (2014)
- The Girl on the Train (2016)
- Cheshire Crossing (TBA)
- Maestra (TBA)
- Indecent Proposal (TBA)
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (TBA)
- Madonna autobiographical film (title to be confirmed)
- Andrea LeVasseur (2016). "Erin Cressida Wilson". Movies & TV Dept. The New York Times. Baseline & All Movie Guide. Archived from the original on 2014-01-18.
- "Secretary". Rotten Tomatoes.
- "Fur: An Imaginary Portrait of Diane Arbus". Metacritic.
- "Chloe". Rotten Tomatoes.
- "Men, Women & Children". Rotten Tomatoes.
- "The Girl on the Train". Rotten Tomatoes.
- "The Art of Adaptation". Duke Magazine.
- "New Humanities Faculty 2003". Brown University Administration.
- "Script to Screen: Secretary". Carsey-Wolf Center UCSB.
- Fleming, Mike Jr. (July 30, 2018). "Paramount Players Plots Remake Of 'Indecent Proposal;' Erin Cressida Wilson Writing". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved July 31, 2018.