From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
Russell Microcap Index component
|Founded||January 12, 1995|
|Headquarters||Santa Monica, California, U.S.|
|Stephen Berman (co-founder, president and chief executive officer)|
Joel Bennett (chief financial officer and executive vice president)
|Revenue||$804.3 million USD (2010)|
Jakks Pacific, Inc. is an American company that designs and markets toys and consumer products, with a range of products that feature numerous children's toy licenses. The company is named after its founder, Jack Friedman, who had previously founded LJN and THQ and presided over the company until retiring as CEO and chairman after March 31, 2010, a month before his death on May 3, 2010.
Jakks produces action figures, electronics, dolls, dress-up, role play, Halloween costumes, kids' furniture, vehicles, plush, art activity kits, seasonal products, infant/preschool, construction toys, and pet toys sold under various proprietary brands including Jakks Pacific, Creative Designs International, Road Champions, Funnoodle, Go Fly a Kite, Jakks Pets, EyeClops, Plug It In & Play TV Games, Girl Gourmet, Kids Only!, Tollytots and Disguise. Jakks is a licensee of several hundred trademarks including Disney, Star Wars and Nintendo.
Jakks Pacific, Inc. was founded in 1995. Jakks acquired several companies including Remco, Child Guidance, and Road Champions in 1997, Berk and Flying Colors in 1999, Pentech in 2000, Toymax, Go Fly A Kite and Funnoodle in 2002, Color Workshop and Trendmasters in 2003, Play Along Toys in 2004, Pet Pal Corp. in 2005, Creative Designs International in 2006, and Kids Only Toys, Tollytots, and Disguise in 2008.
In February 2005, Jakks Pacific was instructed to restate the financial statements for fiscal year 2003 to account for the acquisition of Toymax, Trendmasters and P&M Products.
In 2012, Jakks Pacific announced the successful negotiation of licences for The Dark Knight Rises and The Amazing Spider-Man, promoting new toy ranges at the New York and other International Toy Fairs.
In 2014, the company launched Jakks Meisheng Trading, a joint venture with Meisheng Culture and Creative Corp., to bring its toys to China. In 2016, the two created Studio JP, a joint venture to produce animation.
The company makes a variety of toys including Plug It In and Play TV games, various electronics, and action figures. The company also licenses global brand names for manufactured toys.
Plug It In & Play TV Games
Plug It In & Play TV Games interactive products are a series of plug-n-play game devices produced by Jakks Pacific. When connected to a television set via RCA connector cables, the user is able to play a pre-defined selection of video games. Some models are collections of ports of games by companies such as Atari and Namco, while others are collections of original games. Some versions facilitate the addition of games, via proprietary GameKey expansion cards, and/or include wireless features.
List of TV Games
- 1 vs 100
- Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?
- Atari series
- Atari Joystick Controller TV Video Game System
- Atari Paddle Controller TV Game System
- Avatar: The Last Airbender
- The Batman
- Bejeweled Deluxe
- Big Buck Hunter Pro
- Big Buck Safari
- Blue's Room
- Cars 2
- Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood
- Deal or No Deal
- Disney series
- Disney Princess
- Dora the Explorer series
- Dragon Ball Z
- DreamWorks Animation
- EA Sports Madden & NHL 95
- Elmo's World
- Fantastic Four
- Go, Diego, Go!
- Hannah Montana
- High School Musical
- Mortal Kombat
- ¡Mucha Lucha!
- My Little Pony
- Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man series (Namco series)
- PAW Patrol series
- Nicktoons series
- Power Rangers series
- The Price Is Right
- Phineas and Ferb
- Retro Arcade featuring Space Invaders
- Sesame Street
- Spider-Man series (Notable games include: The Amazing Spider-Man and the Masked Menace, Spider-Man's Villain Roundup, more)
- SpongeBob SquarePants series (Notable games include: The Fry-Cook Games, Jellyfish Dodge, more)
- Star Wars series
- Super Silly Makeover
- Thomas & Friends
- Triple Header Sports
- Total Nonstop Action Wrestling
- Toy Story series
- Ultimotion series (Unlicensed Wii Clones)
- The Walking Dead Zombie Hunter
- Winnie the Pooh
- Wheel of Fortune series
- World Poker Tour
- EyeClops Toy Microscope - A 200X magnifying device that plugs into a TV.
- EyeClops Bionic Eye Multi-Zoom - An EyeClops with 100X, 200X, and 400X magnification that plugs into a TV.
- EyeClops Mini Projector - A mini projector that projects SD content up to 60 inches with loud & very clear audio.
- EyeClops Night Vision - An infrared night vision device, in head-mounted and neck-strapped models.
- EyeClops BioniCAM - A portable version of the EyeClops with an LCD screen, and the ability to save pictures and videos to a USB storage device.
- vMigo - A handheld virtual pet game, which can be docked into a TV adapter.
- BioBytes - A handheld game, where the player uses their animal to attack the computer's, or a friend's (wirelessly).
- Fly Wheels
- Xtreme Performance Vehicle (XPV)
- Custom Garage
- Shock Racers
- GX Racers
- GX Skate
- Power Trains
Infant and toddler toys
- Child Guidance
- It's a Girl Thing
- If you Say Sew!
- Lucky Bee Bee
- Girl Gourmet
- Style Six
- Max Force
- Real Construction
- Spy Net Toys
- Vivid Velvet
- Go Fly a Kite
- The Storm
- Disguise Halloween Costumes
- White Bites
- Naturally Convenient
The company also licenses various brands for toy production, including Black & Decker, Cabbage Patch Kids, Care Bears, DC Universe, Marvel Universe, Sonic the Hedgehog, Disney, Star Wars, and Nintendo.
- "Jakks Pacific Official Website".
- Caoili, Eric (May 3, 2010). "THQ, Jakks Founder Jack Friedman Passes Away At 70". Gamasutra. Retrieved July 22, 2020.
- Crowe, Deborah (May 3, 2010). "Jakks Founder Jack Friedman Dies (LABJ)". Los Angeles Business Journal. Retrieved July 22, 2020.
- IGN staff (May 5, 2010). "Jakks Pacific Founder, Chairman Jack Friedman Dies (IGN. Updated 15 Jun 2012.)". IGN. Retrieved July 22, 2020.
- Nelson, Valerie J. (May 6, 2010). "Jack Friedman dies at 70; toy maker". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved December 3, 2012.
- "JAKKS Pacific Reports Preliminary Fourth Quarter and Year-End Results for 2004".
- "JAKKS Partners with Dentsu for New Boys Action Property". Toybook. January 7, 2010. Retrieved October 17, 2016.
- "Nicktoons Debuts 'Monsuno' Feb. 23". Animation Magazine. February 6, 2011. Retrieved October 17, 2016.
- Brzoznowski, Kristin (November 13, 2014). "Jakks Pacific Sets Up New Joint Venture in China". Yibada. Retrieved October 17, 2016.
- Milligan, Mercedes (October 16, 2016). "JAKKS Pacific Sets Up Content-Creation Studio". WorldScreen. Retrieved October 17, 2016.
- "Wrestling Reversal! WWE to Mattel, TNA to JAKKS". February 18, 2008.