World Soundtrack Award for Soundtrack Composer of the Year
From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
The World Soundtrack Award for Soundtrack Composer of the Year (a.k.a. "Film Composer of the Year") is one of the three main prizes given by the World Soundtrack Academy to honour the best movie soundtracks and the people who work on them.
Winners and nominees
- 2001 John Williams (A.I. Artificial Intelligence)
- 2002 Patrick Doyle (Gosford Park)
- 2003 Elliot Goldenthal (Frida)
- 2004 Gabriel Yared (Cold Mountain)
- 2005 Angelo Badalamenti (Un long dimanche de fiançailles)
- 2006 Alberto Iglesias (The Constant Gardener)
- 2007 Alexandre Desplat (The Queen, The Painted Veil)
- 2008 James Newton Howard (Charlie Wilson's War, Michael Clayton, I Am Legend)
- 2009 Alexandre Desplat (The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Coco avant Chanel, Largo Winch, Cheri)
- 2010 Alexandre Desplat (Fantastic Mr. Fox, The Twilight Saga: New Moon, Julie & Julia, The Ghost Writer)
- 2011 Alexandre Desplat (A Better Life, The Burma Conspiracy, The King's Speech, The Tree of Life, The Well Digger's Daughter, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2)
- 2012 Alberto Iglesias (Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, The Skin I Live In, The Monk)
- 2013 Mychael Danna (Life of Pi)
- 2014 Alexandre Desplat (Godzilla, The Grand Budapest Hotel, Marius, The Monuments Men, Philomena, Venus in Fur, Zulu)
- 2015 Michael Giacchino (Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, Inside Out, Jupiter Ascending, Jurassic World, Tomorrowland)
- Bruno Coulais (Song of the Sea, Gemma Bovery, Three Hearts, Mune: Guardian of the Moon, Diary of a Chambermaid, Fly Away Solo)
- Alexandre Desplat (Unbroken, The Imitation Game, Every Thing Will Be Fine, Tale of Tales)
- Jóhann Jóhannsson (The Theory of Everything, The 11th Hour, Sicario)
- Hans Zimmer (Interstellar, Chappie)
- 2016 Carter Burwell (Anomalisa, Hail, Caesar!, Legend, The Family Fang, The Finest Hours, Carol)
- 2017 Jóhann Jóhannsson (Arrival)
- 2018 Jóhann Jóhannsson (Last and First Man, Mandy, Mary Magdalene, The Mercy)
- 2019 Nicholas Britell (If Beale Street Could Talk, Vice)
- 2020 Hildur Guðnadóttir (Joker)
- World Soundtrack Awards (October 24, 2015). "Winners of the 15th World Soundtrack Awards". World Soundtrack Academy. Retrieved October 21, 2016.
- "World Soundtrack Awards 2015 Nominations Announced". Film Music Reporter. August 18, 2015. Retrieved October 21, 2016.
- World Soundtrack Awards (October 19, 2016). "Winners of the 16th World Soundtrack Awards". World Soundtrack Academy. Retrieved October 20, 2016.
- "World Soundtrack Awards Composer of the Year Nominations Announced". Film Music Reporter. August 17, 2016. Retrieved October 20, 2016.