Evolution and Human Behavior
From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2019)
|Edited by||Debra Lieberman|
Ethology and Sociobiology
|ISO 4||Evol. Hum. Behav.|
Evolution and Human Behavior is a bimonthly peer-reviewed academic journal covering research in which evolutionary perspectives are brought to bear on the study of human behavior, ranging from evolutionary psychology to evolutionary anthropology and cultural evolution. It is primarily a scientific journal, but articles from scholars in the humanities are also published. Papers reporting on theoretical and empirical work on other species may be included if their relevance to the human animal is apparent. The journal was established in 1980, and beginning with Volume 18 in 1997 has been published by Elsevier on behalf of the Human Behavior and Evolution Society. The editor-in-chief is Debra Lieberman (University of Miami).
Among more than 300 other psychology and medical journals, Evolution and Human Behavior has adopted result-blind peer review (i.e. where studies are accepted not on the basis of their findings and after the studies are completed, but before the studies are conducted and upon the basis of the methodological rigor of their experimental designs and the theoretical justifications for their statistical analysis techniques before data collection or analysis is done) as part of an initiative organized by the Center for Open Science in response to concerns about the replicability of experimental findings in the sciences and medicine, publication bias, and p-hacking. Early analysis of such reforms in psychology journals has estimated that 61 percent of result-blind studies have led to null results, in contrast to an estimated 5 to 20 percent in earlier psychological research.
Abstracting and indexing
The journal is abstracted and indexed in:
Best paper award
- Aschwanden, Christie (6 December 2018). "Psychology's Replication Crisis Has Made The Field Better". FiveThirtyEight. Retrieved 19 December 2018.
- "Registered Reports". Center for Open Science. Retrieved May 20, 2021.
- Allen, Christopher; Mehler, David M. A. (2019). "Open science challenges, benefits and tips in early career and beyond". PLOS Biology. 17 (5): e3000246. doi:10.1371/journal.pbio.3000246. ISSN 1545-7885. PMC 6513108. PMID 31042704. S2CID 240061030.
- "Evolution and Human Behavior". MIAR: Information Matrix for the Analysis of Journals. University of Barcelona. Retrieved 2019-11-22.
- "Master Journal List". Intellectual Property & Science. Clarivate Analytics. Retrieved 2019-11-22.
- "Embase Coverage". Embase. Elsevier. Retrieved 2019-11-22.
- "PsycINFO Journal Coverage". American Psychological Association. Retrieved 2019-11-22.
- "Source details: Evolution and Human Behavior". Scopus Preview. Elsevier. Retrieved 2019-11-22.
- "Evolution and Human Behavior". 2020 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2021.
- "Home". Human Behavior and Evolution Society. Retrieved 2019-11-22.