Someone Else's Dream
From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|"Someone Else's Dream"|
|Single by Faith Hill|
|from the album It Matters to Me|
|Label||Warner Bros. Nashville|
|Songwriter(s)||Trey Bruce, Craig Wiseman|
|Producer(s)||Scott Hendricks, Faith Hill|
|Faith Hill singles chronology|
"Someone Else's Dream" is a song written by Trey Bruce and Craig Wiseman, and recorded by American country music artist Faith Hill. It was released in January 1996 as the third single from her second album, It Matters to Me (1995). The song peaked at number three on the US Billboard country charts.
Deborah Evans Price from Billboard said, "Here is yet another fine cut from Hill's strong album, "It Matters To Me". This song proves you can have radio-ready uptempo tunes with meaty lyrics. Just because a song makes you tap your toes does not mean it has to be devoid of lyrical integrity. On both lyrical and musical terms, this song is a winner—thanks in large part to Hill's affecting vocals. Her country phrasing and inflection underscore the live-your-own-life message in the lyric. Great song." Wendy Newcomer from Cash Box wrote, "Finding positive and uplifting songs for female singers these days is about as easy as finding a male singer who doesn’t wear tight jeans. But Hill has found a song that fits the bill (and her sweetheart image)—she sings the heck out of it, too. If women truly are the buyers and target audience of country music, this single should hit the bullseye."
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). The Billboard Book Of Top 40 Country Hits: 1944-2006, Second edition. Record Research. p. 158.
- Evans Price, Deborah (February 24, 1996). "Reviews & Previews: Singles" (PDF). Billboard. p. 88. Retrieved November 22, 2022.
- Newcomer, Wendy (March 9, 1996). "Country Music" (PDF). Cash Box. p. 21. Retrieved November 12, 2022.
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 2980." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. May 27, 1996. Retrieved July 20, 2013.
- "Faith Hill Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1996". RPM. December 16, 1996. Retrieved July 20, 2013.
- "Best of 1996: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1996. Retrieved July 20, 2013.