The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners – Chapter 2: Retribution
From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners – Chapter 2: Retribution|
|Series||The Walking Dead|
|Engine||Unreal Engine 4|
|Release||Meta Quest 2|
December 1, 2022
The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners – Chapter 2: Retribution is a virtual reality first-person shooter survival horror game for PlayStation VR, PlayStation VR2 and Meta Quest 2. Developed by Skydance Interactive in partnership with Skybound Entertainment, it is a standalone sequel to The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners and based on the comic book series The Walking Dead by Robert Kirkman. The game was released in December 2022 for the Meta Quest 2, while planned for PlayStation VR and PlayStation VR2 in 2023.
Like the first game, the player can kill walkers by "braining" them, stabbing them through the skull, puncturing the brain. The player is able to scale buildings to ambush enemies and attack from a distance with throwing weapons, bows, and long-range firearms. Physics-based combat control how melee weapons are controlled. Players can explore during night time, though walkers will be attracted to the player's flashlight. Additionally, the game introduces new weapons and items such as a chainsaw and a sawed-off shotgun for players to defeat enemies. Laser sights can be attached to any firearm to increase shooting accuracy.
Taking place after the events of the first game, the sequel continues the journey of the protagonist known only as "The Tourist", who must wade through the walker-infested French Quarter of New Orleans in search of escape while avoiding the Axeman of New Orleans.
The Tourist returns to New Orleans and having unlocked The Reserve, The Reclaimed has been killed off and JB went missing. The Tower enforces its forces after The Reserve was a bust and their leader Mama orders all exiles to be killed off. The Tourist wakes up and one of Father Carter's Soldiers gives the Tourist a weapon and Tourist kills off The Walkers but their crew dies. They make their way to the second floor but fall, Father Carter finds the Tourist, and The Tourist tells them about Father Carter's Crew is dead but Father Carter tells The Tourist about Old Town being overruled by Walkers and a madman is behind it. Father Carter wants the blueprints of Hotel E Clarie and The Tourist gives it to him. Father Carter
The game was announced in January 2022 by Skydance Interactive. It was released on Meta Quest 2 by December 1, 2022. During the UploadVR Showcase in Winter 2022, new weapons were showcased along with an announcment that the game will be on PICO and Windows.
- Stewart, Marcus (April 20, 2022). "The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners – Chapter 2: Retribution Gets Its First Trailer". Game Informer. Retrieved April 21, 2022.
- TWD Saints & Sinners [@WalkingDeadVR] (January 24, 2022). "@AsinineGamer4 Chapter 2 will serve as a continuation of the storyline from the original game. Chapter 2: Retribution is a new, standalone game for players who want to jump straight into this new chapter of the Tourist's story!" (Tweet). Archived from the original on January 24, 2022. Retrieved December 2, 2022 – via Twitter.
- Denzer, TJ (August 24, 2022). "TWD: Saints & Sinners - Chapter 2: Retribution goes big in the French Quarter". Shacknews. Retrieved October 30, 2022.
- Delanley, Mark (August 24, 2022). "The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners 2 Is Hiding A Monstrous Secret". GameSpot. Retrieved November 3, 2022.
- Moon, Mariella (January 25, 2022). "'The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners' sequel is on the way". Engadget. Retrieved October 30, 2022.
- Wong, Queenie (October 11, 2022). "Meta Quest 2 Adds Iron Man and Among Us to VR Games Lineup". CNET. Retrieved October 30, 2022.
- "The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners – Chapter 2: Retribution announced for PS VR and PS VR2". PlayStation.Blog. June 2, 2022. Retrieved June 3, 2022.