From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|Formerly||Skydance Productions (2006–2016)|
|Founded||April 4, 2006|
|Headquarters||Santa Monica, California, United States|
Skydance Media, LLC (formerly known as Skydance Productions) is an American production company based in Santa Monica, California. Founded by David Ellison in 2006, the company entered a five-year partnership to co-produce and co-finance films with Paramount Pictures starting in 2009, and has renewed the agreement twice out to 2021. The company specializes in movies, animation, television and video games.
Feature films produced by Skydance include: True Grit, Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol, Jack Reacher, G.I. Joe: Retaliation, Star Trek Into Darkness, World War Z, Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation, Terminator Genisys, Star Trek Beyond, Jack Reacher: Never Go Back, Life, Baywatch, Geostorm, Annihilation, Mission: Impossible – Fallout, Gemini Man, Terminator: Dark Fate, 6 Underground, Without Remorse, The Tomorrow War, Snake Eyes, The Adam Project and Top Gun: Maverick.
In the fall of 2009, Skydance and Paramount Pictures signed a five-year co-financing, production and distribution agreement, with Paramount holding the additional option of distribution. Before August 2010, Skydance hired Dana Goldberg, formerly of Village Roadshow Pictures, to oversee development and production. In August 2010, with the Paramount partnership and an equity investment by the then sixth richest person in the world, Ellison's father and Oracle Corporation co-founder and chairman Larry Ellison, Skydance raised $350 million in equity and credit to co-finance its films.
On May 1, 2013, Skydance launched Skydance Television, hiring Marcy Ross as division president. Carolyn Harris joined Skydance Television as vice president a month later. Skydance renewed it slate deal with Paramount in the summer of 2013 for four more years.
In 2014, Jesse Sisgold joined Skydance as President of Business Affairs & Strategic Planning and later that year was upped to Chief Operating Officer. He was again promoted in 2017 to President & COO.
In March 2015, Anne Globe joined the company as Chief Marketing Officer.
Later that same year, Skydance raised $700 million in new financing. The refinancing included $200 million in equity from a group of investors, and a $500 million line of credit from J.P. Morgan Chase. On May 3, 2016, Skydance Media used part of its new financing to purchase game developer The Workshop Entertainment, Inc. The Workshop Entertainment was renamed and organized as Skydance Interactive, LLC. David Ellison's company also created a production label named Uncharted in December 2016 in order to house content that falls outside of the action, sci-fi or fantasy genre.
On March 16, 2017, Skydance launched the Skydance Animation division by forming a multi-year partnership with Madrid-based Ilion Animation Studios. Two projects are already in the works, with one of them originally eyeing a March 2021 release. In August 2017, Skydance and Paramount renewed their slate deal for another four years to 2021, with the addition of Skydance's animated films for distribution.
In February 2020, RedBird Capital Partners and CJ ENM invested in the company. More recently, the company signed a first look television deal with Exile Content Studio. Even more recently, the company signed a first look deal with Impact, a company owned by Ron Howard and Brian Grazer for television productions.
|September 22, 2006||Flyboys||Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Ingenious Media and Electric Entertainment||MGM Distribution Co.|
|December 22, 2010||True Grit||Mike Zoss Productions, Scott Rudin Productions||Paramount Pictures|
|December 21, 2011||Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol||Bad Robot Productions, TC Productions|
|December 19, 2012||The Guilt Trip||Michaels/Goldwyn|
|December 21, 2012||Jack Reacher||TC Productions|
|March 28, 2013||G.I. Joe: Retaliation||Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Hasbro Studios and Di Bonaventura Pictures|
|May 16, 2013||Star Trek Into Darkness||Bad Robot Productions, K/O Paper Products|
|June 21, 2013||World War Z||Plan B Entertainment, GK Films|
|January 17, 2014||Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit||Di Bonaventura Pictures|
|July 1, 2015||Terminator Genisys||China Movie Channel|
|July 31, 2015||Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation||Bad Robot Productions, Alibaba Pictures, China Movie Channel, TC Productions|
|July 22, 2016||Star Trek Beyond||Alibaba Pictures, Huahua Media, Bad Robot Productions, Sneaky Shark Productions and Perfect Storm Entertainment|
|October 21, 2016||Jack Reacher: Never Go Back||TC Productions, Shanghai Film Group and Huahua Media|
|March 24, 2017||Life||Columbia Pictures, Mockingbird Pictures||Sony Pictures Releasing|
|May 25, 2017||Baywatch||under Uncharted; Shanghai Film Group, Huahua Media, Seven Bucks Productions, The Montecito Picture Company, Fremantle Productions and Flynn Picture Company||Paramount Pictures|
|October 20, 2017||Geostorm||Electric Entertainment, RatPac-Dune Entertainment||Warner Bros. Pictures|
|February 23, 2018||Annihilation||Scott Rudin Productions, DNA Films||Paramount Pictures (U.S. and Chinese distribution)|
& Netflix (International distribution)
|July 27, 2018||Mission: Impossible – Fallout||Alibaba Pictures, Bad Robot Productions, TC Productions||Paramount Pictures|
|October 11, 2019||Gemini Man||Alibaba Pictures, Fosun Pictures and Jerry Bruckheimer Films|
|November 1, 2019||Terminator: Dark Fate||20th Century Fox, Tencent Pictures, TSG Entertainment and Lightstorm Entertainment||Paramount Pictures (U.S. distribution),|
20th Century Fox (International distribution)
& Tencent Pictures (Chinese distribution)
|December 13, 2019||6 Underground||Bay Films||Netflix|
|July 10, 2020||The Old Guard||Denver and Delilah Productions and Marc Evans Productions|
|April 30, 2021||Without Remorse||Paramount Pictures, Weed Road Pictures, Outlier Society and Midnight Radio Productions||Amazon Studios|
|July 2, 2021||The Tomorrow War||Paramount Pictures, New Republic Pictures, Phantom Four Films and Lit Entertainment Group|
|July 23, 2021||Snake Eyes||Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Entertainment One and Di Bonaventura Pictures||Paramount Pictures|
|March 11, 2022||The Adam Project||21 Laps Entertainment and Maximum Effort||Netflix|
|May 27, 2022||Top Gun: Maverick||Don Simpson/Jerry Bruckheimer Films, TC Productions and New Republic Pictures||Paramount Pictures|
|August 5, 2022||Luck||Skydance Animation and Skydance Animation Madrid||Apple TV+|
|November 11, 2022||Spellbound|
|June 9, 2023||Transformers: Rise of the Beasts||Entertainment One, Di Bonaventura Pictures, New Republic Pictures and Bay Films||Paramount Pictures|
|July 14, 2023||Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One||New Republic Pictures and TC Productions|
|December 22, 2023||Star Trek 4||Bad Robot Productions|
|June 28, 2024||Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part Two||TC Productions|
|TBA||The Greatest Beer Run Ever||Andrew Muscato Productions||Apple TV+|
|Rainbow Six||Weed Road Pictures, Outlier Society and Midnight Radio Productions||Paramount Pictures|
|G.I. Joe: Ever Vigilant||Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Entertainment One and Di Bonaventura Pictures|
|Untitled Ben Affleck Nike film||Studio 8, Mandalay Sports Media and Pearl Street Films||Amazon Studios|
|Heart of Stone||Pilot Wave and Mockingbird Pictures||Netflix|
|The Gorge||Crooked Highway||Paramount Players|
|The Old Guard 2||Denver and Delilah Productions and Marc Evans Productions||Netflix|
|Untitled Spy Kids film||Spyglass Media Group and Troublemaker Studios|
|Summer Frost||Temple Hill Entertainment||Paramount Pictures|
|Founded||May 1, 2013|
|Marcy Ross (president)|
Carolyn Harris (vice president)
Skydance Television is a television production company launched by Skydance on May 1, 2013. The division was hired by Marcy Ross as division president, and Carolyn Harris joined Skydance Television as vice president a month later.
|First broadcast||Last broadcast||Title||Network||Seasons||Episodes||Production|
|July 27, 2014||December 15, 2015||Manhattan||WGN America||2||23||Lionsgate Television, Skydance Television, Tribune Studios|
|May 8, 2015||April 29, 2022||Grace and Frankie||Netflix||6||78||Okay Goodnight!, Skydance Television|
|October 1, 2017||January 6, 2018||Ten Days in the Valley||ABC||1||10||Under Uncharted|
|February 2, 2018||February 27, 2020||Altered Carbon||Netflix||2||18||Skydance Television|
|June 4, 2018||July 30, 2018||Dietland||AMC||1||10||Under Uncharted|
|June 6, 2018||TBA||Condor||Audience Network||2||20||MGM Television, Skydance Television, Paramount Television|
|August 31, 2018||Jack Ryan||Amazon||2||16||Paramount Television Studios, Skydance Television, Platinum Dunes|
|September 24, 2021||Foundation||Apple TV+||1||10||Phantom Four, Skydance Television|
|February 4, 2022||Reacher||Amazon||1||8||Paramount Television Studios, Skydance Television, Blackjack Films|
|TBA||Untitled Arnold Schwarzenegger series||Netflix||TBA||TBA||Skydance Television|
|Untitled Miraculous live-action TV series||TBA||ZAG Inc.|
|Sword Art Online||Netflix||Skydance Television|
|Untitled Steins;Gate live-action TV series||TBA|
|Untitled Terminator anime series||Netflix||Skydance Television, Production I.G|
Skydance Interactive is a game studio focused on developing ambitious titles, managing projects licenses to other developers, and software developing innovative game mechanics and for VR and emerging platforms. The division of Skydance Media was launched in 2016. In 2017, its first VR game, Archangel was launched. The game recently expanded into an online multiplayer upgrade, Archangel: Hellfire.
In 2017, Skydance Interactive partnered with Skybound Entertainment to develop a number of original virtual reality video games based on the expansive world of The Walking Dead universe. The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners was to be the inaugural title co-developed by the two companies. The studio is located in Marina del Rey, CA.
|July 18, 2017||Archangel|
|April 6, 2018||PWND|
|January 23, 2020||The Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners|
|Founded||March 16, 2017|
|Divisions||Skydance Animation Madrid|
Skydance formed a multi-year partnership in March 2017 with Madrid-based Ilion Animation Studios and in July, announced its first two animated feature films — Luck, which opens on August 5, 2022, and Spellbound on November 11, 2022. On October 10, 2017, Bill Damaschke was hired to head the division as president of animation and family entertainment.
Skydance Animation has signed on directors Alessandro Carloni (Kung Fu Panda 3) to direct Luck, Vicky Jenson (Shrek) to direct Spellbound, and Nathan Greno (Tangled) to write and direct Pookoo (formerly known as Powerless). Peggy Holmes (Secret of the Wings and The Pirate Fairy) was later announced as new director of Luck, replacing Carloni who left over creative differences.
Skydance Animation hired former Pixar and Walt Disney Animation Studios CCO John Lasseter as Head of Animation in late January 2019, supplanting Damaschke. This decision was met with disapproval from some contributors to various Skydance projects, owing to prior allegations of sexual misconduct against Lasseter during his time with Pixar. Conversely, Damaschke stated that many people "[...] had strong feelings and felt like it was the right thing to do [...] and were excited to get to work with him" and it was "[...] definitely not a black-and-white situation." Emma Thompson was to voice a character in Luck but left the project after Lasseter was hired. Jane Fonda was cast as The Dragon in Luck.
Holly Edwards, who previously served as Skydance Animation's Head of Production, was promoted to the position of president at Skydance Animation.
On April 2, 2020, composer Alan Menken revealed that he is working alongside Lasseter on a project for the studio, which was later announced to be Spellbound. Skydance formally acquired Ilion Animation Studios and rebranded it as Skydance Animation Madrid in April 2020. On July 30, the studio named Shane Prigmore for the newly created position of Senior Vice President of Development for Animation, in which he will oversee the creative development of all feature films and television series. On December 16, 2020, Apple TV+ entered talks to take over the distribution rights to the films Luck and Spellbound. More recently, Apple signed an overall deal with Skydance Animation which included animated films and television series. This includes a television adaptation of the novel The Search for WondLa by Tony DiTerlizzi. The series has been greenlighted for two seasons and will feature showrunner Lauren Montgomery as both the executive producer and writer.
|Luck||August 5, 2022||Skydance Animation Madrid||Apple TV+||Peggy Holmes|
|Spellbound||November 11, 2022||Vicky Jenson|
|Ray Gunn||Brad Bird|
Animated television series
|The Search for WondLa||Apple TV+||TBA||Based on the 2010 novel of the same name by Tony DiTerlizzi|
|Blush||October 1, 2021||Apple TV+||Joe Mateo|
Skydance New Media
|Amy Hennig (president)|
Skydance New Media is a video game development studio founded by Skydance in November 2019, led by Amy Hennig. In October 2021, the studio announced a planned collaboration with Marvel Entertainment for an action-adventure game. In April 2022, it was announced that Lucasfilm Games would collaborate to make a game based in the Star Wars universe. Some have speculated that the game will be a revival of Project Ragtag, which also led by Henning.
- Faughnder, Ryan (26 January 2018). "China's Tencent acquires minority stake in Skydance Media". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 20 September 2018.
- "Business Search on Skydance + LLC". businesssearch.sos.ca.gov. California Secretary of State. Retrieved January 10, 2019.
- Eller, Claudia (2010-08-16). "David Ellison raises $350 million to co-fund movies with Paramount". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2020-01-12.
- Kroll, Justin (2011-10-25). "Kurtzman, Orci eye move to Skydance". Variety. Retrieved 2021-12-27.
- Lacey Rose (April 3, 2013). "Skydance Productions to Launch TV Division, Taps Former Fox Exec Marcy Ross as President". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved February 28, 2022.
- Marechal, A. J. (2013-06-24). "Skydance TV Taps Carolyn Harris as V.P., Promotes Pair". Variety. Retrieved 2021-12-27.
- Fleming, Mike Jr. (2016-03-29). "David Ellison's Skydance Raises $700 Million In Funding For Film, TV Slates". Deadline. Retrieved 2018-04-11.
- Hipes, Patrick (2014-01-24). "Skydance Taps Jesse Sisgold As President Of Business Affairs & Strategic Planning". Deadline. Retrieved 2019-10-22.
- "Skydance Ups Jesse Sisgold to COO". The Hollywood Reporter. 15 July 2014. Retrieved February 28, 2022.
- McNary, Dave (2017-01-26). "David Ellison's Skydance Promotes Jesse Sisgold to President in Growth Push". Variety. Retrieved 2019-10-22.
- Fleming, Mike Jr. (March 4, 2014). "Don Granger Takes Exec Veep Post At David Ellison's Skydance Productions". Deadline. Retrieved September 8, 2015.
- Fleming, Mike Jr. (2015-03-03). "Skydance Gets Its Own Marketing Maven: Anne Globe Hired As CMO". Deadline. Retrieved 2019-10-22.
- Fleming, Mike Jr. (May 3, 2016). "Skydance Media Buys Game Developer The Workshop And Launches Interactive Division". Deadline. Retrieved January 10, 2019.
- McNary, Dave (2016-12-09). "David Ellison's Skydance Launches Uncharted Label With 'Baywatch'". Variety. Retrieved 2018-04-11.
- Fleming, Mike Jr. (March 16, 2017). "Skydance Launches Animation Studio With Spain-Based Ilion". Deadline. Retrieved March 16, 2017.
- Galuppo, Mia (August 7, 2017). "Skydance, Paramount Ink New Four-Year Deal". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved February 28, 2022.
- Lang, Brent (October 10, 2018). "As Annapurna Stumbles, Billionaire Larry Ellison Exerts Control". Variety. Archived from the original on January 17, 2019. Retrieved February 4, 2019.
- Williams, Trey (October 22, 2018). "David Ellison's Skydance Taps Jun Oh to Lead Theatrical, Interactive Business and Legal Affairs". The Wrap. Retrieved January 10, 2019.
- Skydance Gets $275M Infusion From RedBird Capital & ‘Parasite’ Studio CJ, Raising Valuation To $2.3B
- Low, Elaine (2020-12-10). "Skydance TV Inks First-Look Deal With Exile Content Studio (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved 2020-12-12.
- White, Peter (2021-02-04). "Skydance Television Strikes First-Look Deal With Brian Grazer & Ron Howard's Impact To Find Emerging Voices". Deadline. Retrieved 2021-02-05.
- McNary, Dave (22 April 2017). "Ang Lee Eyes Sci-Fi Actioner 'Gemini Man' at Skydance". Variety. Retrieved 22 April 2017.
- Zahed, Ramin (March 6, 2019). "Casey Leonard Makes Magic for Nickelodeon Movie 'Lucky'". Animation Magazine. Retrieved March 7, 2019.
- Grobar, Matt (2021-06-22). "Steven Caple Jr. & Lorenzo Di Bonaventura Unveil Title For Seventh 'Transformers' Film, Tease New Character & Story Details". Deadline Hollywood.
- N'Duka, Amanda (April 26, 2019). "'Green Book' Helmer Peter Farrelly To Adapt 'The Greatest Beer Run Ever' For Skydance". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved December 5, 2020.
- Fleming, Mike Jr. (December 2, 2020). "Skydance Media Sets Gal Gadot To Star In 'Heart Of Stone', Original Spy Franchise In Mold Of 'Mission: Impossible' & 007". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved December 3, 2020.
- Kroll, Justin (March 4, 2020). "Scott Derrickson to Direct Skydance's 'Bermuda' With Chris Evans Circling Lead (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved March 5, 2020.
- Kit, Borys; Gardner, Eriq (February 2, 2021). "'Buck Rogers': Skydance Developing Competing Movie Based on Pulp Hero". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved February 28, 2022.
- Fleming, Mike Jr. (August 29, 2021). "Apple, Skydance Reuniting Marvel Superhero Stalwarts Scarlett Johansson & Chris Evans In Dexter Fletcher-Directed 'Ghosted'". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on August 30, 2021. Retrieved August 30, 2021.
- Kit, Borys (2022-03-17). "Scott Derrickson to Direct Action Love Story 'The Gorge' for Skydance". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2022-03-19.
- "'The Old Guard 2': Uma Thurman, Henry Golding Join Victoria Mahoney's Sequel For Netflix And Skydance". Deadline Hollywood. June 10, 2022. Retrieved June 10, 2022.
- Kroll, Justin (January 26, 2021). "Skydance Media To Reimagine The 'Spy Kids' Franchise With Spyglass Media And Series Creator Robert Rodriguez". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved January 26, 2021.
- Grobar, Matt (March 30, 2022). "'Spy Kids' Franchise Reimagining In Works At Netflix; Robert Rodriguez Returning To Mount Next Film For Skydance, Spyglass". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved March 30, 2022.
- Kroll, Justin (June 23, 2022). "'Spy Kids': Gina Rodriguez, Zachary Levi, Everly Carganilla And Connor Esterson Starring In Reboot For Netflix, Skydance And Spyglass". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved June 23, 2022.
- Kroll, Justin (June 24, 2020). "'Divergent' Filmmaker to Direct 'Summer Frost' for Skydance and Temple Hill (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved June 24, 2020.
- Andreeva, Nellie (May 19, 2021). "Arnold Schwarzenegger Spy Adventure Series Ordered By Netflix; Skydance TV Show Also Stars Monica Barbaro". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved May 19, 2021.
- Andreeva, Nellie (April 21, 2022). "Netflix's Arnold Schwarzenegger Series Adds Travis Van Winkle, Gabriel Luna, Fortune Feimster, Jay Baruchel, Milan Carter & More To Cast". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved April 21, 2022.
- "Skydance Developing Live-Action Adaptations Of 'Miraculous – Tales Of Ladybug & Cat Noir' For TV & Film". Deadline. 2018-09-05. Retrieved 2018-11-20.
- Goldberg, Lesley (August 2, 2016). "Japanese Novel and Anime Franchise Sword Art Online Being Adapted as Live-Action TV Series". The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on August 2, 2016. Retrieved February 28, 2022.
- "Live-Action Sword Art Online Producer: Series Sold to Netflix, Will Have Asian Lead Actors". Anime News Network. February 13, 2018. Archived from the original on February 14, 2018. Retrieved February 28, 2022.
- "『シュタゲ』ハリウッド実写化や『シュタインズ・ゲート ゼロ エリート』制作決定！ "科学ADVライブS;G1010th Anniversary"発表まとめ". Famitsu (in Japanese). 2020-01-26. Retrieved 2020-01-26.
- Loo, Egan (January 26, 2020). "Steins;Gate Game Gets Hollywood Live-Action Show". Anime News Network. Retrieved January 26, 2020.
- Otterson, Joe (February 26, 2021). "'Terminator' Anime Series Ordered at Netflix". Variety. Retrieved February 26, 2021.
- "Interactives Archive". Skydance Media. Retrieved 2018-10-29.
- "Archangel: Hellfire Review - The Best VR Mech Combat Game Yet - UploadVR". UploadVR. 2018-07-17. Retrieved 2018-10-29.
- Blake, Vikki (2018-07-18). "'The Walking Dead' Universe Heads to VR With 'The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners'". Variety. Retrieved 2018-10-29.
- https://www.dnb.com/business-directory/company-profiles.skydance_interactive.2ae085a7054b148e9a8c8628acb0dde2.html[bare URL]
- McNary, Dave (October 10, 2017). "Skydance Hires Bill Damaschke for Animation-Family Entertainment Post". Variety. Retrieved April 5, 2018.
- Busch, Anita (February 22, 2018). "Skydance Media Taps 'Tangled's Nathan Greno In Multiyear Deal, Will Direct 'Powerless'". Deadline. Retrieved April 11, 2018.
- "Skydance Animation's First Film 'Luck' Lands New Director (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. 14 January 2020. Retrieved February 28, 2022.
- Lang, Brent (January 9, 2019). "Ousted Pixar Chief John Lasseter Hired by Skydance Animation". Variety. Retrieved January 10, 2019.
- Lang, Brent (January 15, 2019). "John Lasseter's Skydance Animation Tenure Is Already off to a Rocky Start". Vanity Fair. Retrieved April 4, 2019.
- Siegel, Tatiana (September 26, 2019). "Producer Bill Damaschke on Bringing Baz Luhrmann's 'Moulin Rouge!' to Stage". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved January 18, 2021.
- "Emma Thompson explains her John Lasseter letter". Southern California Public Radio. 2019-04-12. Retrieved 2019-04-25.
- "Must Reads: Emma Thompson's letter to Skydance: Why I can't work for John Lasseter". Los Angeles Times. 2019-02-26. Retrieved 2021-10-04.
- Donnelly, Matt (February 17, 2021). "Jane Fonda to Voice Key Role in Apple/Skydance Film 'Luck'". Variety. Retrieved February 17, 2021.
- Donnelly, Matt (2019-02-14). "Skydance Animation Names Holly Edwards President Under John Lasseter". Variety. Retrieved 2019-02-16.
- Talk Back with Alan Menken (2020)
- Giranda, Carolyn (May 20, 2020). "Alan Menken to Compose Original Songs and Score for Skydance Animation's 'Spellbound'". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved February 28, 2022.
- Grater, Tom (April 6, 2020). "Skydance Acquires Spain's Ilion Studios To Form Combined U.S.-Europe Animation Outfit". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved April 6, 2020.
- Salinas, Victor (July 30, 2020). "Skydance Animation Hires Industry Veteran Shane Prigmore as SVP Development". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved July 30, 2020.
- Donnelly, Matt; Lang, Brent (December 16, 2020). "Skydance Animation in Talks to Move 'Luck,' 'Spellbound' to Apple (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved December 16, 2020.
- "Apple Makes Big Animation Commitment with New Skydance Animation Deal". Collider. 2021-02-17. Retrieved 2021-02-18.
- Fleming, Mike Jr. (17 February 2022). "Skydance Animation Brings 'The Incredibles' Brad Bird Into Fold To Direct His Animated Film Creation 'Ray Gunn'". Deadline Hollywood.
- Grobat, Matt (March 16, 2022). "Oscar Winner Rich Moore Strikes Overall Deal With Skydance Animation". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved March 19, 2022.
- Murphy, J. Kim (26 January 2022). "Apple Animated Film 'Luck' Sets August Release Date, Adds Eva Noblezada and Simon Pegg to Voice Cast". Variety. Retrieved 26 January 2022.
- Hipes, Patrick (2022-05-13). "'Luck' Teaser Trailer: Skydance Animation's Debut Pic To Bow On Apple In August". Deadline. Retrieved 2022-05-13.
- "Skydance Animation Snatches Brad Bird's 'Ray Gunn'". 17 February 2022.
- Wales, Matt (November 18, 2019). "Amy Hennig joins Skydance Media to create "new story-focused experiences"". Eurogamer. Retrieved November 18, 2019.
- Radulovic, Petrana (October 29, 2021). "Marvel announces new project with Amy Hennig's new game studio". Polygon. Retrieved October 29, 2021.
- "Amy Hennig and Skydance New Media Creating New Star Wars Game". StarWars.com. Retrieved 2022-04-28.
- Davis (Pomojema), Grant (2022-04-20). "Amy Hennig Possibly Revisiting 'Project Ragtag'". Star Wars News Net. Retrieved 2022-04-28.