WWE Super ShowDown
From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|WWE Super ShowDown|
205 Live (2018–2019)
WWE Super ShowDown (originally stylized as Super Show-Down) is a professional wrestling event produced by WWE, an American-based promotion. It is broadcast live and available only through pay-per-view (PPV) and the WWE Network.
The event was established in 2018, and has thus far only taken place in countries outside the United States. The first event was held in Australia; it was WWE's first PPV and WWE Network event held in the country. The events afterwards have been held in Saudi Arabia as part of a 10-year partnership in support of Saudi Vision 2030.
In June 2018, the American professional wrestling promotion WWE announced that they would be returning to Australia to hold a pay-per-view (PPV) and WWE Network event, which would be the company's first PPV and WWE Network event produced in the country. The event was titled Super Show-Down and was held at Melbourne Cricket Ground in Melbourne, Victoria on October 6, 2018. Although WWE has had tours in Australia over the years, the company's last big event to be held in the country was the Global Warning Tour in 2002.
Also in early 2018, WWE began a 10-year strategic multiplatform partnership with the General Sports Authority in support of Saudi Vision 2030, Saudi Arabia's social and economic reform program. The first PPV and WWE Network event under this partnership, the Greatest Royal Rumble, was held at the King Abdullah Sports City's King Abdullah International Stadium in Jeddah on April 27, 2018. In 2019, WWE held Super ShowDown (stylized without a dash) as their third event under this partnership, and subsequently the second event in the Super ShowDown chronology. The event was held on June 7, 2019, at the King Abdullah International Stadium in Jeddah. A second Super ShowDown in Saudi Arabia was then held on February 27, 2020, at the Mohammed Abdu Arena on the Boulevard in Riyadh, thus making the event a recurring event in the Saudi Arabian partnership.
|Super Show-Down (2018)||October 6, 2018||Melbourne, Victoria, Australia||Melbourne Cricket Ground||The Undertaker vs. Triple H in a No Disqualification match|||
|Super ShowDown (2019)||June 7, 2019||Jeddah, Makkah Region, Saudi Arabia||King Abdullah International Stadium||The Undertaker vs. Goldberg|||
|Super ShowDown (2020)||February 27, 2020||Riyadh, Saudi Arabia||Mohammed Abdu Arena on the Boulevard||"The Fiend" Bray Wyatt (c) vs. Goldberg for the WWE Universal Championship|||
(c) – refers to the champion(s) heading into the match
- "WWE Super Show-Down « Events Database « CAGEMATCH - The Internet Wrestling Database". www.cagematch.net. Retrieved 2019-05-14.
- "WWE'S biggest stars come to Australia for WWE Super Show-Down on October 6". WWE. Retrieved June 17, 2018.
- "Saudi Arabia to host the Greatest Royal Rumble". WWE. March 5, 2018. Retrieved March 7, 2018.
- "National Transformation Program 2020" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2017-08-28.
- Adam Silverstein (March 5, 2018). "WWE news, rumors: 'Greatest Royal Rumble,' NXT injury, Jericho-NJPW done?". CBS Sports. Retrieved March 7, 2018.
- Jefferson Lake (March 5, 2018). "WWE: Saudi Arabia to host 50-man Royal Rumble". Sky Sports. Retrieved March 7, 2018.
- "Undertaker, Goldberg to clash for first time ever at WWE Super ShowDown". WWE. Retrieved May 13, 2019.
- Toro, Carlos. "WWE Announces Super ShowDown Pay-Per-View For February 27 In Saudi Arabia". Fightful. Retrieved January 26, 2020.