Cooking on High
From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|Cooking on High|
|Directed by||Marcel Fuentes|
|Starring||Josh Leyva (host)|
Ngaio Bealum (weed-expert)
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||12 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||13–15 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Stage 13|
|Original release||June 22, 2018 –|
Cooking on High is an American cooking competition television show that premiered on streaming platform Netflix on June 22, 2018. The show's premise centers around cooking foods that contain marijuana as an ingredient. The guest chefs are professional cannabis cooks whos knowledge of infused food take a center role in their careers as private chefs and medicinal marijuana educators. The show is hosted by YouTuber Josh Leyva. Featuring cannabis activist and comedian Ngaio Bealum, who provides short segments on the science of cannabis cooking and introduces the "strain of the day".
The show's first season has received generally poor feedback from critics, with the Washington Post's Sonia Rao calling it "the worst food show on Netflix". However, Bealum's performance was positively reviewed by Rao and "the one redeeming quality". The program was originally shot as a web series, so the episodes are kept short. 
|No.||Title||Guest judges||Chefs||Original air date|
|1||"Afternoon Delight"||Mod Sun, Ramon Rivas II||Luke Reyas, Andrea Drummer||June 22, 2018|
|2||"Going Green"||Ray Wright, Serk Spliff, Manu Li, Brad Silnutzer||Andie Leon, Brandon Coates||June 22, 2018|
|3||"Baked Potatoes"||Chris Bryant, Vince Royale||Mike Delao, Jonathan Portela||June 22, 2018|
|4||"French Fried"||Heather Pasternak, Vitaly Zdorovetskiy||Andrea Drummer, Brandon Coates||June 22, 2018|
|5||"Southern Comfort"||Aristotle Georgeson, Wax||Chef Nugs, Brian Vaccarella||June 22, 2018|
|6||"Mexi-Cannabis"||Warm Brew, Vince Royale||Chef Dee, Mike Delao||June 22, 2018|
|7||"Wake and Bake"||TBA||TBA||June 22, 2018|
|8||"Carb Loaded"||TBA||TBA||June 22, 2018|
|9||"Roll 'Em Up"||TBA||TBA||June 22, 2018|
|10||"Fast Food Toke Out"||TBA||TBA||June 22, 2018|
|11||"Mexicasian"||TBA||TBA||June 22, 2018|
|12||"Munchie Mania"||TBA||TBA||June 22, 2018|
- Cooked with Cannabis, 2020 Netflix series with similar premise
- "'Cooking on High'—5 Things to Know about Netflix's Latest Food Series". Food & Wine. Retrieved 2018-09-08.
- "Everything You Need to Know About Netflix's 'Cooking on High'". Eater. Retrieved 2018-09-08.
- Nevins, Jake (2018-06-22). "Cooking on High: Netflix's foray into weed cuisine is half-baked". the Guardian. Retrieved 2018-09-10.
- "Cooking on High: A Netflix Cannabis Cooking Show That Should Be So Much Better". hightimes.com. Retrieved 2018-09-08.
- "Perspective | Why the pot-infused 'Cooking on High' is the worst food show on Netflix". Washington Post. Retrieved 2018-09-08.
- "Q&A: Netflix's 'Cooking on High' Show-stealer Ngaio Bealum". Leafly.com. Retrieved 2020-05-17.
|This article relating to a non-fiction television series in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|