VeggieTales in the City
From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|VeggieTales in the City|
by Phil Vischer and Mike Nawrocki
|Written by||Ethan Nicolle|
|Directed by||Tim Hodge|
|Voices of||Phil Vischer|
|Opening theme||VeggieTales in the City Theme Song|
|Ending theme||VeggieTales in the City Theme Song (instrumental)|
Robert D. Watson
Michael "Smidi" Smith
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||26 (52 segments) (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer||Doug TenNapel|
|Running time||22 minutes (two 11-minute segments)|
|Production companies||Bardel Entertainment (animation)|
Big Idea Entertainment (DreamWorks Classics)
|Distributor||Netflix Streaming Services|
NBCUniversal Television Distribution
|Original release||February 24 –|
September 15, 2017
|Preceded by||VeggieTales in the House|
|Followed by||The VeggieTales Show|
VeggieTales in the City is an American computer-animated television series produced by Big Idea Entertainment. The series is a sequel to VeggieTales in the House. It premiered on Netflix on February 24, 2017 with the release of 13 episodes. A second season was released on September 15, 2017.
- Bob the Tomato (voiced by Phil Vischer) – One of the main characters of VeggieTales, he is best friends and roommates with Larry the Cucumber. He works part-time at Pa Grape's store doing various jobs and tasks. He enjoys doing things like reading, studying the weather with his weather machine, and helping out his friends in the city.
- Larry the Cucumber (voiced by Mike Nawrocki) – Best friends and roommate with Bob the Tomato, Larry is scatterbrained and has an energetic, childlike personality. He enjoys doing very silly things, like singing silly songs, eating large amounts of sardines, and riding his bicycle on the ceiling. He works driving the town's ice-cream cart and does odd jobs at Pa Grape's store. He secretly protects the city from crime as the superhero LarryBoy, making use of a LarryMobile and a secret lair underneath the apartment he shares with Bob.
- Laura Carrot (voiced by Tress MacNeille) – A young carrot girl who is friends with Bob and Larry and Junior Asparagus, her best friend. She loves playing with her friends, including baseball and jump rope. She eventually gained a superheroine alter ego dubbed "Night Pony", where she helps fight crime with LarryBoy and the other super heroes of the house.
- Junior Asparagus (voiced by Tress MacNeille) – Best friends with Laura, Junior is a typical child and looks up to Larry. Like Larry, he also has a superhero altermego, "Junior Jetpack," using a jet pack given to him by Ichabeezer. Junior is often a superhero duo with LarryBoy.
- Archibald Asparagus (voiced by Phil Vischer) – The Mayor of the town with an upper crust British accent. He enjoys being the mayor and leader of the city, but more often than not, he can be overwhelmed by the amount of work he does. He often acts as a judge/impartial third party whenever something is wrong.
- Pa Grape (voiced by Phil Vischer) – A wise old grape, he runs a convenience store called Pa's Corner Store. He often provides wise and insightful advice to his friends and customers. He now has eyes.
- Jimmy and Jerry Gourd (voiced by Phil Vischer and Mike Nawrocki) - Brothers that live together in an apartment not far from Bob and Larry's house. They don't do much, but they love to eat and spend time with their pet dust bunny Danny, and their other pet guppy named Happy Sunshine Bubbles. Jimmy also gained a superhero alter ego by the name of JimmyBoy, where LarryBoy has taken Jimmy under his wing and trained him to be a superhero.
- Petunia Rhubarb (voiced by Tress MacNeille) – Good friends with Bob, Larry, and Tina Celerina. She often enjoys hanging out with them and often offers them advice whenever they get into a fight or face personal problems. She worked part-time at Pa Grape's store, but followed her love of plants and has opened a flower shop.
- Ichabeezer (voiced by Rob Paulsen) – Ichabeezer is a grumpy, gruff and elderly zucchini. He doesn't like or get along very well with the other veggies, especially when they get on his lawn. They only thing Ichabeezer truly likes is his beloved pet olive dog, Rooney. For the Netflix era, he has essentially assumed Mr. Nezzer's role as an outsider/villain foil for Bob and Larry. His home is a large mansion built out of the side of a couch.
- Jean-Claude and Phillipe Pea (Voiced by Mike Nawrocki and Phil Vischer) – The brothers, Jean-Claude and Phillipe, are peas with French accents. The brothers appear to be school aged and presumably live together while their father lives in France.
- Madame Blueberry (voiced by Tress MacNeille) – A female blueberry with a slight British accent. She lives in a blue, teapot shaped house, where she spends most of her time drinking tea and enjoying the "fancier" things in life. She has been known to win various contests and events around town such as karaoke and pie baking. She has an especially lovely singing-voice and has a specialty for singing "the blues."
- Mr. Lunt (voiced by Phil Vischer) – A Hispanic gourd, he works around the city and sells various items, often joking that his job changes every episode. He eventually set up his own place of business, where he can be seen doing his various odd jobs. Carrying on from the original videos, his lack of eyes is a running gag throughout the show.
- Bacon Bill (voiced by Rob Paulsen) – An eccentric genius who is the son of one of Pa Grape's friends. He looks up to Larry as an older brother figure. He is very wacky, and can often be seen doing various silly things, mostly on Ichabeezer's lawn.
- Tina Celerina (voiced by Tress MacNeille) – Petunia's best friend and employee of her flower shop. She is very scatterbrained and quirky, which can get her into trouble. Despite this, she has a very positive attitude and an outgoing personality.
- Motato (voiced by Rob Paulsen) – An evil, deformed Sweet Potato who is LarryBoy's chief nemesis. He is quite insane and enjoys wreaking havoc and chaos on the veggie citizens of the house. Along with his radish minions, he carries out various nefarious plots to destroy the city. His evil lair is located in his bathroom.
- Aprilcot (voiced by Tress MacNeille) - An apricot supervillian; Motato's former partner-in-crime.
Season 1 (2017)
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Release date|
|1a||1||"Burgers for Sale"||Tim Hodge||Ethan Nicolle||February 24, 2017|
|Ichabeezer gets a tough lesson in customer relations at his new burger joint.|
|1b||2||"Night Phony"||Tim Hodge||Ethan Nicolle||February 24, 2017|
|Envious of Junior's jetpack, Laura tries out Motato's Helmet of Doom.|
|2a||3||"Space Pirates!"||Tim Hodge||Ethan Nicolle||February 24, 2017|
|Larry wants to be the first veggie on the moon, but pirate Motato has other ideas.|
|2b||4||"Rooney on the Run"||Tim Hodge||Ethan Nicolle||February 24, 2017|
|Laura's puppy-training plan goes awry after she lets Rooney escape.|
|3a||5||"Junior Saves the West"||Tim Hodge||Eric Branscum||February 24, 2017|
|Set in the Wild West, Junior Asparagus challenges Jakeasaurus to an "annoying showdown".|
|3b||6||"The Treasure Hunt"||Bill Breneisen||Ethan Nicolle||February 24, 2017|
|Bob and Larry follow a map that leads them all around the house and back yard to buried treasure. But they have different ideas on what to do with the treasure.|
|4a||7||"Race Ya!"||Emily Jourdan||Eric Branscum||February 24, 2017|
|Laura and Junior get consumed competing on a family winter vacation.|
|4b||8||"Larry the Substitute"||Tim Hodge||Steven Marten||February 24, 2017|
|Larry the substitute teacher teaches Bob's music class but can't concentrate.|
|5a||9||"Pizza Eclipse"||Bill Breneisen||Ethan Nicolle||February 24, 2017|
|Bob forgives Larry when he misses the rare solar eclipse, but Larry won't forgive Bob when his pizza is destroyed.|
|5b||10||"The Robot"||Emily Jourdan||Eric Branscum||February 24, 2017|
|Bob and Larry pretend to be robots, fooling everyone in the city, but end up attracting the attention of the evil Motato.|
|6a||11||"Delivery Boys"||Tim Hodge||Ethan Nicolle||February 24, 2017|
|Larry and Bacon Bill compete as delivery boys.|
|6b||12||"Dueling Mascots"||Bill Breneisen||Eric Branscum||February 24, 2017|
|Pa Grape hires Bob and Larry as mascots, so Ichaburger hires Bacon Bill and Tina Celerina to compete.|
|7a||13||"Bob's Collection"||Emily Jourdan||Ethan Nicolle||February 24, 2017|
|Bob gets the chance of a lifetime to be a curator of a sock museum.|
|7b||14||"The Cookie Caper"||Tim Hodge||Eric Branscum||February 24, 2017|
|When Granny Asparagus gives Bob and Larry fresh cookies, Bob is reluctant to share.|
|8a||15||"The Rocket Boot"||Bill Breneisen||Eric Branscum||February 24, 2017|
|When Ichabeezer flaunts his new fancy rocket boot, Larry will do anything to get one too.|
|8b||16||"The Many Versions of Larry"||Emily Jourdan||Ethan Nicolle||February 24, 2017|
|Larry thinks he's bland, so he tries acting like other people.|
|9a||17||"Aprilcot"||Tim Hodge||Ethan Nicolle||February 24, 2017|
|A new villain named Aprilcot tries to split up LarryBoy & the League of Veggies.|
|9b||18||"X Marks the Spot"||Bill Breneisen||Bill Breneisen||February 24, 2017|
|Bob, Larry, Bacon Bill and Tina join Ichabeezer for a game of pirates.|
|10a||19||"The Priceless Sock"||Emily Jourdan||Ethan Nicolle||February 24, 2017|
|Larry mistakenly destroys Bob's antique sock and explores all over to try and replace it.|
|10b||20||"Jimmy Makes a Comic Book"||Tim Hodge||Eric Branscum||February 24, 2017|
|Jimmy takes credit for the LarryBoy comic book that Bob made.|
|11a||21||"The Book Club"||Bill Breneisen||Ethan Nicolle||February 24, 2017|
|Bob excludes Larry when he wants to join an exclusive book club.|
|11b||22||"The Lost Dust Bunny"||Emily Jourdan||Doug TenNapel||February 24, 2017|
|Mayor Archibald asks Bob and Larry to watch over a herd of dust bunnies.|
|12a||23||"The Water Slide"||Tim Hodge||Ethan Nicolle||February 24, 2017|
|Bob must help Larry be brave when a new intimidating water slide opens in town.|
|12b||24||"Story Time"||Bill Breneisen||Eric Branscum||February 24, 2017|
|Bob teaches his class about honesty using three different stories.|
|13a||25||"Prodigal Junior"||Emily Jourdan||Ethan Nicolle||February 24, 2017|
|Junior spends the money his mom gave him for milk on comic books instead.|
|13b||26||"Where's the Mayor"||Tim Hodge||Ethan Nicolle||February 24, 2017|
|Aprilcot uses a costume of Mayor Archibald in order to gain control of the Veggie House.|
Season 2 (2017)
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Release date|
|Bill Breneisen||September 15, 2017|
|When the Veggies get stranded, Bob emerges as a leader but gets too comfortable.|
|14b||28||"Junior Gets a Sister"||Emily Jourdan||Ethan Nicolle||September 15, 2017|
|When the Asparagus family gets a new baby sister, Junior is no longer the center of attention.|
|15a||29||"The Movie Star"||Tim Hodge||Eric Branscum||September 15, 2017|
|Madame Blueberry gets prideful when cast to star with Tom Celeriac.|
|15b||30||"New in Town"||Andy Casadonte||Eric Branscum||September 15, 2017|
|Larry makes a new friend, but Jimmy and Tina wanted nothing to do with him.|
|16a||31||"The Hottest Pepper in the West"||Emily Jourdan||Ethan Nicolle||September 15, 2017|
|Larry and Jimmy get carried away when trying to out-do each other in an eating contest.|
|16b||32||"Karate Pirate Space Posse"||Tim Hodge||Ethan Nicolle||September 15, 2017|
|After the Veggies clash during playtime, they realize compromise and playing together is much more fun.|
|17a||33||"Plane vs. Train"||Andy Casadonte||Mike Nawrocki||September 15, 2017|
|Ichabeezer brags about his train being the fastest so Bob and Larry challenge him to a race.|
|17b||34||"Larry's Baby Birdies"||Emily Jourdan||Ethan Nicolle||September 15, 2017|
|Larry decides to care for a nest of baby birdies he finds on the ground.|
|18a||35||"Two of a Kind"||Tim Hodge||Eric Branscum||September 15, 2017|
|Bob and Larry are the perfect complements to each other until Bob belittles Larry's role in the duo.|
|18b||36||"Moving to the City"||Andy Casadonte||Ethan Nicolle||September 15, 2017|
|Bob moves to the city to join Larry after he gets a job but realizes the city is not for him.|
|19a||37||"An Ichabeezer Christmas"||Emily Jourdan||Ethan Nicolle||September 15, 2017|
|Ichabeezer is visited by three spirits on Christmas eve to remind him of what is really important in life.|
|19b||38||"A Christmas Play"||Tim Hodge||Eric Branscum||September 15, 2017|
|Bob wants to put on the biggest and flashiest Christmas play ever.|
|20a||39||"Ichaburgertopia"||Andy Casadonte||Ethan Nicolle||September 15, 2017|
|Ichabezzer asks Bob and Larry and their friends to build an Ichaburgertopia, but then they fail buildings due to their laziness. Later it rains and Ichaburgertopia falls down. Bob and Larry do manage to save Ichabezzer. After hard work on the building, Bob and Larry are offered free burgers.|
|20b||40||"The Truth Hurts"||Emily Jourdan||Eric Branscum||September 15, 2017|
|Larry trains people to make toy robots and learns the importance of being honest in a loving way.|
|21a||41||"Employee Fun Day"||Tim Hodge||Ethan Nicolle||September 15, 2017|
|Ichabeezer wants to give his employee a Fun Day, but takes them to do things only he finds fun.|
|21b||42||"Bringing Home the Bacon"||Andy Casadonte||Mike Nawrocki||September 15, 2017|
|Bacon Bill and his band practice for a big concert but keep the neighbors up.|
|22a||43||"Books of the Bible"||Emily Jourdan||Ethan Nicolle||September 15, 2017|
|Mayor Archibald teams Granny and Larry, Corn and Carrot Men, Bob and Jerry, Mr. Lunt and Laura, and Bill and Madame Blueberry in pairs to study the books of the Bible.|
|22b||44||"Monster in the Closet"||Tim Hodge||Eric Branscum||September 15, 2017|
|Bacon Bill believes a monster is in his closet and teams up with Larry to overcome his fear.|
|23a||45||"Arcade Showdown"||Andy Casadonte||Ethan Nicolle||September 15, 2017|
|Bob gets a high score in an old video game but must learn the importance of humility.|
|23b||46||"The Audition"||Emily Jourdan||Mike Nawrocki||September 15, 2017|
|When Tom Celeriac doesn't get the part in a town play, he takes matters into his own hands.|
|24a||47||"The Singing, Dancing Lobster"||Tim Hodge||Eric Branscum||September 15, 2017|
|Larry finds a lobster that sings and dances only when no one else is looking.|
|24b||48||"It's Skatin' Time"||Andy Casadonte||Bill Breneisen||September 15, 2017|
|Larry cheats to be the best skateboarder, but when cheating backfires he learns that practice is the only way to go.|
|25a||49||"The Last Issue"||Emily Jourdan||Ethan Nicolle||September 15, 2017|
|LarryBoy refuses to leave when waiting for a comic book, but must make a choice when Motato attacks.|
|25b||50||"Bob's Great Store"||Tim Hodge||Eric Branscum||September 15, 2017|
|Bob takes over Pa's store and learns that running a store isn't easy.|
|26a||51||"Attack of the Marshmallow Laser"||Andy Casadonte||Ethan Nicolle||September 15, 2017|
|Motato makes a laser that shoots marshmallows.|
|26b||52||"Bye Bye Bacon Bill"||Emily Jourdan||Eric Branscum||September 15, 2017|
|Bacon Bill is supposed to move away to inherit his grandfather's factory, but Larry has trouble accepting that. While Bob tries to help Larry say goodbye to his friend, the others decide to make it a day for Bill to remember.|
- Hartropp, Joseph (February 23, 2017). "Brand New VeggieTales Brings Godly Vegetables Back To Netflix: Exclusive Clips". Christian Today. Retrieved February 27, 2017.
- Axmaker, Sean (February 23, 2017). "Now streaming: 'Moonlight,' 'Manchester by the Sea,' 'Hacksaw Ridge'". The Seattle Times. Retrieved February 28, 2017.
- "VeggieTales in the City | Netflix Official Site".
- "VeggieTales in the House". Netflix. Retrieved December 5, 2014.