Somebody (TV series)
From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|Written by||Jung Ji-woo|
|Directed by||Jung Ji-woo|
|Music by||Lee Ji-yeon|
|Country of origin||South Korea|
|No. of episodes||8|
|Running time||50 minutes|
|Production company||Beyond J|
|Picture format||4K (Ultra HD)|
|Audio format||Dolby Digital|
|Original release||November 18, 2022|
Somebody (Korean: 썸바디; RR: Sseombadi) is a South Korean streaming television series directed by Jung Ji-woo, written by Jung Ji-woo and Han Ji-wan, and starring Kim Young-kwang, Kang Hae-rim, Kim Yong-ji, and Kim Soo-yeon. It premiered on Netflix on November 18, 2022.
Kim Sum (Kang Hae-lim) is a developer for social connecting app "Somebody." Even though she has difficulty communicating with other people, she is friends with Mok-won (Kim Yong-ji) and Gi-eun (Kim Soo-yeon). Her friend Gi-eun works as a detective.
A murder takes place and the app "Somebody" is involved in the murder case. Architectural designer Sung Yun-oh (Kim Young-Kwang) appears in front of Sum and her friends. Yun-oh is an attractive man, but he seems to be hiding something. Meanwhile, Gi-eun investigates the murder case with help of Mok-won.
- Kim Young-kwang as Sung Yun-oh
- An architectural designer and a psychopathic killer with mixed extreme personalities but does not reveal his true feelings. He begins to reveal his hidden true self when he meets Sum.
- Kang Hae-lim as Kim Sum
- A developer of the Somebody app. She has extraordinary talent enough to develop an artificial intelligence chatting program and social connecting. She has Asperger syndrome.
- Kim Yong-ji as Im Mok-won
- A shaman who is friends with Sum and Gi-eun.
- Kim Su-yeon as Yeong Gi-eun
- Sum's best friend of 10 years and a police officer who tracks down a mysterious case involving Somebody. She has Paraplegia and requires to be on a wheelchair wherever she moves.
- Bae Kang-hee as Lee Ha-in
- A co-worker and Spectrum server manager.
- Choi Yu-ha as Samantha Jung
- The representative of Spectrum, a service provider for Somebody app.
- Choi Sang-hyuk as Shim Woo-cheol
- Choo Sun-woo as Jang Ha-na
- Song Yeon-ji as Rose
- Shin Moon-sung as Min Gi-ung
- A professor.
- Kang Ji-eun as Hong Gong-joo
- Kim Joong-ki as Kim Eun-pyeong
- A detective police officer.
- Shim Woo-sung as Oh Bool-gwang
- A detective police officer.
- Choi Jae-hoon as Mr. Jung (Episodes 1 and 7)
- Park Yoon-hee as Director of design office. (Episode 2)
- Kim Na-yeon as Oh Na-eun (Episode 2)
- Lee Ki-chan as 79NewMoney
- A rich great land owner. (Episode 3)
- Won Choon-gyu as a merchants' association chairman. (Episode 3)
- Kim Keun-soon as a merchants' association chairman. (Episode 3)
- Seo Kwang-jae as a merchants' association chairman. (Episode 3)
- Lee Ji-ha as Kim Sum's mother. (Episode 4)
- Park So-eul as young Kim Sum (Episode 4)
- Kim Byung-man as a hoody man. (Episode 4)
- Choi Rak-yeong as a hoody man. (Episode 4)
- Lee Eun-woo as Foxy (Episodes 7 and 8)
- Kim Ho as a taxi driver. (Episode 8)
- ^ a b c Kim Eun-jung (November 15, 2022). "Netflix series 'Somebody,' mix of thriller, melodrama: director". Yonhap News. Retrieved November 16, 2022.
- ^ a b c d "넷플릭스, 정지우 연출·김영광 주연 '썸바디' 제작 확정". 뉴스1 (in Korean). 2021-09-23. Retrieved 2022-04-05.
- ^ "Somebody (Korean Drama, 2022, 썸바디)". HanCinema. Retrieved February 2, 2022.
- ^ Kim Na-ra (January 19, 2022). ""하정우 '수리남'→김유정 '20세기 소녀'"…넷플릭스, 올해 韓 라인업 25편 공개 [공식]" ["Ha Jung-woo's 'Suriname' → Kim Yoo-jung's '20th Century Girl'"... Netflix unveils 25 Korean lineups this year [Official]]. My Daily (in Korean). Retrieved January 19, 2022 – via Naver.
- ^ Moon Ji-yeon (October 4, 2022). "[공식] '은교' 정지우 감독, 시리즈 첫 도전..'썸바디' 11월 18일 공개" [[Official] 'Eunkyo' director Jung Ji-woo, the first challenge in the series... 'Somebody' released on November 18th]. Sports Chosun (in Korean). Retrieved October 4, 2022 – via Naver.
- ^ Kim Bo-ra (September 23, 2021). "김영광·강해림·김용지·김수연, 정지우 감독 '썸바디' 캐스팅[공식]" [Kim Young-kwang, Kang Hae-rim, Kim Yong-ji, Kim Su-yeon, and director Jung Ji-woo's 'Somebody' Cast [Official]]. OSEN (in Korean). Retrieved September 23, 2021 – via Naver.
- ^ Moon Ji-yeon (September 23, 2021). "[공식] 정지우 감독 '썸바디' 제작 확정..김영광·강해림 출연" [[Official] Production confirmed for 'Somebody' directed by Jung Ji-woo... Starring Kim Young-kwang and Kang Hae-rim]. Sports Chosun (in Korean). Retrieved February 2, 2022.
- ^ "Episode 1". Somebody. Season 1. 38 minutes in. Retrieved 2022-11-24.
I have a condition. Asperger's syndrome.
- ^ Son Bong-seok (November 22, 2022). "신예 배강희, OTT 넷플릭스 '썸바디' 서버매니저 이하이 역 강렬한 존재감" [Rookie Bae Kang-hee, strong presence as Lee Hi, server manager of OTT Netflix's 'Somebody]. Sports Kyunghyang (in Korean). Retrieved November 22, 2022 – via Naver.
- ^ Chae Seong-oh (November 22, 2022). "[OTT오리지널]넷플릭스 '썸바디', 극단의 이질감을 만나다" [[OTT Original] Netflix's 'Somebody' meets the extreme sense of heterogeneity]. Bloter&Media Inc (in Korean). Retrieved November 22, 2022.