How to Fix a Drug Scandal
From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|How to Fix a Drug Scandal|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||4|
|Running time||47–59 minutes|
|Original release||April 1, 2020|
How to Fix a Drug Scandal is an American true crime documentary miniseries that was released on Netflix on April 1, 2020. The premise revolves around documentary filmmaker Erin Lee Carr following the effects of crime drug lab chemist Sonja Farak and Annie Dookhan and their tampering with evidence and its aftereffects.
Dookhan was accused of forging reports and tampering with samples to produce desired results. Farak was accused of tampering with the evidence she was tasked with analyzing by using it to get high herself. The actions of both women, who acted independently, resulted in tens of thousands of drug counts being dismissed, the largest single mass dismissal of criminal cases in U.S. history. How to Fix a Drug Scandal depicts the role of former Attorney General of Massachusetts Martha Coakley, who was accused of political cover up.
- Scott Allen
- Karl Kenzler
- Daniel Marx
- Shawn Musgrave
- Shannon O'Neill
- Jared Olanoff
- Luke Ryan
- Paul Solotaroff
- David Sullivan
- Daniel Conley
- Amy Farak
- Linda Farak
- Maura Healey
- Matt Segal
- Madelyn Vazquez
- Robin Whitney
- Deborah Becker
- Horton, Adrian (1 April 2020). "How to Fix a Drug Scandal: behind a staggering Netflix crime docuseries". The Guardian.
- "'How to Fix a Drug Scandal' Review: Netflix's True-Crime Doc Is a Boring 'Breaking Bad'". Collider. Retrieved 2020-05-03.
- "How to Fix a Drug Scandal: behind a staggering Netflix crime docuseries". The Guardian. Retrieved 2020-05-03.
- Lavoie, Denise (4 March 2014). "Inspector General: Dookhan 'Sole Bad Actor' In State Drug Lab Scandal". CBS Boston.
- McDonald, Danny (25 September 2019). "24,000 charges tossed because they were tainted by former Amherst lab chemist's misconduct". The Boston Globe.
- Trahan, Erin (9 April 2020). "Netflix's 'How To Fix A Drug Scandal' Elevates Process Over Personality". WBUR.
- Wilkinson, Alissa (1 April 2020). "How to Fix a Drug Scandal is the staggering true story of justice gone very wrong". Vox.