From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
|Directed by||Dan Ojari|
|Written by||Dan Ojari|
|Produced by||Helen Argo|
Richard E. Grant
|Cinematography||Dave Alex Riddett|
|Edited by||Chris Morrell|
|Music by||Ben Please|
Robin Robin is a 2021 stop-motion musical streaming television special produced by Aardman Animations, created and directed by Dan Ojari and Mikey Please, and written by Ojari, Please, and Sam Morrison.
When a robin bird grows up from being raised by a family of mice, her differences become more apparent every time they try to sneak into a Who-Man's house. Now, she sets off on a daring heist to steal a shiny star and to prove to her family, and a malicious cat, that she can be a really good mouse.
- Bronte Carmichael as Robin
- Richard E. Grant as Magpie
- Gillian Anderson as Cat
- Adeel Akhtar as Dad Mouse
- Amira Macey-Michael as Dink
- Tom Pegler as Pip
- Endeavour Clutterbuck as Flynn
- Megan Harris as Flin
In November 2019, Aardman Animations and Netflix announced they would co-produce the half-hour stop-motion animated musical special Robin Robin, directed by Dan Ojari and Mikey Please from a script written by Ojari, Please, and Sam Morrison and Sarah Cox producing the special.
In December 2020, The Bookshop Band was revealed as the composers with directors Dan Ojari and Mikey Please doing the lyrics for the songs. The orchestra was composed by the Bristol Ensemble.
On 22 November 2019, the special was expected to be released in 2020. The special premiered on 27 November 2021 in Asia, and on the 24th in North America. On 17 June 2021, the official trailer was released confirming the release date. The short was part of the world touring screening The Animation Showcase 2021.
In March 2021, Aardman Animation made a licensing deal with both MacMillan Children’s Books and Aurora World for tie-in books and plush toys, respectively.
- Arthouse Advisory: This year’s Oscar-nominated animated films are creative and compelling, but also are for adult eyes - TheBurg
- Alberge, Dalya (22 November 2019). "A grand way out: Wallace & Gromit makers ditch BBC for Netflix film". The Guardian. Archived from the original on 10 December 2020. Retrieved 13 December 2020.
- Milligan, Mercedes (3 December 2020). "Gillian Anderson, Richard E. Grant Lead 'Robin Robin' Cast". Animation Magazine. Archived from the original on 15 February 2022. Retrieved 21 September 2021.
- @NetflixUK (3 December 2020). "Things you need to know about Robin Robin: – It's a stop-motion, musical, festive special from @aardman (!) – @GillianA and @RichardEGrant lend their voices (!!)– It arrives on Netflix in 2021" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- Cohn, Gabe (8 February 2022). "2022 Oscars Nominees List". The New York Times. Archived from the original on 8 February 2022. Retrieved 8 February 2022.
- 'The Windshield Wiper' Wins Best Animated Short Film | 94th Oscars