Super Giant Robot Brothers
From Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for television. (January 2022)
|Super Giant Robot Brothers|
|Directed by||Mark Andrews|
|Theme music composer||Cash Callaway (main theme)|
Paula Winger (main theme)
Doug Rockwell (end theme)
Tova Litvin (end theme)
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||10|
|Original release||August 4, 2022 –|
In the future, two giant robot brothers must defend the Earth from an evil intergalactic empire that is sending kaiju to destroy the world.
- Marisa Davila as Alex Rose
- Eva Airel Binder as Baby Alex
- Chris Diamantopoulos as Thunder
- Delbert Hunt as Creed
- Eric Lopez as Shiny
- Tommy Bello Rivas as Overlord Master and Dr. Arcturo Rose
- Ren Hanami as Magita Rose
Additional voices provided by Jared Ward, Gina Ravera, Anouar Smaine, Muprhy Patrick Martin, David Errigo Jr., Jeanine Meyers, Delbert Hunt and Chris Jai Alex
|No.||Title||Written by||Original release date|
|1||"Gone and Back Again"||Tommy Blacha||August 4, 2022|
|2||"Welcome to G.R.I.T.S."||Tommy Blacha||August 4, 2022|
|3||"Put Me in, Coach"||Yael Galena||August 4, 2022|
|4||"Upgrades"||Tommy Blacha||August 4, 2022|
|5||"Inner Space"||Marcelina Chavira||August 4, 2022|
|6||"Road Trip"||Yael Galena||August 4, 2022|
|7||"Boybotfriend"||Marcelina Chavira||August 4, 2022|
|8||"Whack-a-bot"||Rachel Burger||August 4, 2022|
|9||"Defying Gravity, Bro"||Tommy Blacha||August 4, 2022|
|10||"The Hand of Fate"||Marcelina Chavira & Yael Galena||August 4, 2022|
The series was announced in June 2021. The production is notable for its use of virtual production techniques including motion capture and virtual camera for blocking of characters and actions inside Unreal Engine. This motion capture data was used as a reference for animators before final key frame animation was send back to Unreal where the whole show was rendered in real-time, making the series one of the first to be rendered entirely in real-time. While the animation was provided by Reel FX's facilities in Montreal, the Mumbai-based studio Assemblage Entertainment done the additional animation.
Tributes to other media
The series makes tribute to other media.
- In Episode 1, Gone and Back Again, Alex Rose shouts "What's the frequency, Kenneth?" to another character, who is never referred to or seen again. This is a tribute to R.E.M.'s song "What's the frequency, Kenneth?"
- In Episode 5, Inner Space, a random character is sneezed on and yells "I'm not even supposed to be here today" which is in tribute to Kevin Smith's film Clerks.
- "Netflix Announces Three New Animated Comedy Series for Kids from Renowned and First-Time Creators". Netflix Media Center (Press release). Retrieved June 22, 2021.
- Netflix After School (June 14, 2022). Super Giant Robot Brothers | Official Trailer | Netflix After School. YouTube. Retrieved June 14, 2022.